new environment

Lucid Dream

 

Everything is a blur; one minute you're sitting in a car, the next you're in a hospital battling for your life. Except for the fact that you can't recall anything else aside from accident, it's still vivid in your memory. You try extremely hard to recall your past, but all you get is a headache from overthinking. 

Your body and mind are exhausted, yet you can't sleep; it's 2 a.m., and you have a class at 7 a.m. You are worried about what will happen to you later, and you are afraid of feeling out of place, especially since you're a transferee. Your mother chose to move you to a more rural setting in order for you to heal quickly; you want to disagree, but you can't since you knew you needed it. You closed your eyes again, and this time you drifted off to sleep. 

___ 

"Are you sure you're okay to be alone, sweetie? I can walk you to your class." mom said. "Mom, I told you I'm Fine; I'm not paralyzed or something." You responded to make your mom feel better. "We're here; if something happens, please contact me. Take care, Minju, I love you" mom said. "I will, Mom, thank you, and I love you too." you responded as you got out of the car. You stood there watching as the car sped away till you couldn't see it anymore. "Relax Minju, you don't know them and they don't know you, nothing to be scared of" you told yourself to calm down. 

 

“Class 1-C.. Ah! There it is Class 1-B god it took me 15 mins to find this room” you thought, and you were about to enter when a fellow student bumped into you "Oh, my! I'm sorry I didn't notice you I was already late so I was running and I-" she was rambling so you put her out of her misery "don't worry I am fine you already apologized so we are good" you smile at her, she was about to reply when a stern voice spoke behind you "Ms. Jo you are late again and what are you doing outside?" The man asked the other student "Sorry sir, I was going to walk inside when I bumped into her," she pointed at you. "Goodmorning sir, I am Kim Minju, the transfer student." You immediately introduced yourself, and he allowed the two of you walk inside. 

"Goodmorning class today, we have a new student that will join us," he glanced at you, "please introduce yourself to the class," he said "oh... umm good morning, my name is Kim Minju and I'm 19 years old. I hope we can all get along," you replied and smiled at them. "Please take your seat, Minju, you may sit next Yuri, the girl who bumped into you earlier," he stated, motioning to the said girl, "thank you sir?" "Sir Lee," he grins at you, "thank you Sir Lee," you say, walking to your seat. 

"Let me introduce myself properly, I'm Jo Yuri and we are the same age," your seatmate said once you were seated. "Hi Yuri, I'm Minju." you answered dumbly, and Yuri laughed at you. The lesson is somewhat uninteresting, so your mind drifts off till the bell signals breaktime. "Do you like to join me and my friends for break?" yuri asked. "I would love to, but you should ask your friends first, I don't want to intrude." you answered. "Shush, I'm sure they won't mind, they'd really appreciate it." she added as she dragged you to the cafeteria. 

There, you met two Japanese students named Nako and Hitomi; you were all the same age, so you got along well with them. "May I ask you, Minju, why you choose to move here? I mean, Seoul is a beautiful city, so why would you want to live here anyway? And please don't get me wrong, I am just genuinely curious, you don't have to answer if you are still uncomfortable with us" Nako asked you, and the other two are obviously interested as well "oh uhm my mom decided to move here for me to heal faster" you said, and they looked confused, so you continue “I was involved in a car accident 10 months ago and I still can't remember a thing from my past" The three of them looked stunned, but Nako managed to respond, "I'm sorry for asking" - "Don't worry, its fine." You smiled at them to emphasize what you said. The bell sounds once more, prompting students to return to class for the next subject.