Her First Kill

Break The Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

 

Day 1, 1: 15 PM, City A, Academy High School

After she close the door, Yeonhee lean on the wall to support her body and closed her eyes.. This might be the dumbest thing she ever did. Suho was right, she should never step out from the rooftop since it's the safest place away from those cretures but...

'Unnie, I tried so hard to sneak this bread for you. It's delicious.'

'Unnie, are you cold? I bought the blanket.'

'Yeonhee Unnie, please forgive mum. She just stress out. I..i will talk to her.'

'Unnie, you..do you hate me?'

'Unnie?'

'Unnie!'

Snap!

She opened her eyes abruptly and fixed the glasses on her face that almost fall. As if in the nightmare those voice keep haunting her. The thing she hates the most is being indebted to the others. And somehow the person she is indebted to is the person who is important to her.

Yeonhee is an orphan who lives with her aunt. But she was not very welcome in that family. They don't abuse her but it's right to say that everytime their eyes met hers, the only thing she got was a cold shoulder.

That family has four members. A wife, a husband and their only two children. The older one is a boy and two years older than Yeonhee and now working in the entertaiment industry and the second one is the youngest and one year younger than Yeonhee studying in the same high school and now the 2nd year.

Yeonhee don't really have any expression towards them. Even when they tend to ignoring her, at least they give her food and shelther to live. At most, she only could be grateful that they spare her until graduation.

No hard feeling though.

But when thinking about her younger cousin, Yeonhee feels shivering. It's fine if they keep ignoring her so that she don't need to have any burden to carry on after she left the house and yet Han Nami always find a way to cling onto her since they are still children until now.

Yeonhee find that cousin of her are simply annoying but she can't hate her because when eveyone treat her as an air, Han Nami always be the one that acknowledge her presense.

She can't help but admit that she has the soft spot for that girl thus she decide at least if she want to survive, she would bring one person with her.

Yeonhee went down the stairs carefully and when she reached the corner of the corridor, she scanned the surrounding and keep herself alert.

She don't have time to feel shock when seeing the fresh blood spill on the floor and splash on wall. She cover her nose when the nauseating smell lingering around the area. Sometimes she would stumble upon a body part of humans belong to the unfotunate students that she recognize from the school uniform. Her clean and white shoes has long smeared with blood around the place. The empty area feels oddly weird. Surely, from the incident she saw at the rooftop, these creature should infecting the human through bite. There should be many of them roaming around the school from the lots of screams she heard on the roof. But now she saw nothing as if they dissappear and leaving the left over 'food'.

It's too quiet that she only heard the sound of her breath. In the confussion, suddenly her ears catch something like someone chewing on a hard object. Her feet stopped right in front of the classroom. Yeonhee slowly turned her face to the right and only then she realize that the classroom door was wide open. She has made a grave mistake. The creatures did not disappear but they made nests in every classroom and pile up the corpses as food stock.

She shivered when thinking how careless she is. The screams has long become silence then it's that mean they all die or in hiding?

Yeonhee bend down to avoid alerting by the creatures that had been busy eating and step forward carefully. By the time she was almost past the classroom, in front of her was another wide open classroom and as if her luck had run out, an infected creature whom Yeonhee recognized as a teacher stepped out while staggering like those 'people' she saw risen after the bus crashed.

Her feet instantly step backwards and 'snap!'. She didn't even realized the human bones behind her as she step on it .

Now she faced two creatures that stare at her with greedy looks.

"." She swear plainly. She would gladly swear as much as she like since this might be the last words she ever speak.

' my life.'

.

.

.

Han Nami clasped her hand on to prevent her from making noise. She and her group of classmate looked at each other with fear obvious on their face. Everyone feels despair since the people on this class remained only girls after the boys go out to find help.Within the silence, the girls knew that the boys will never coming back. 

"What should we do now? Staying here is getting dangerous." One of the girl mouthed a whisperer.

"Getting out from here is more dangerous. Bomin and his friends didn't come back and what that's mean? That mean they all die."The girl a bit older than the rest said with distressed while still toned down her voice.

They all feels desperate and all they could do was crying. The hell happened right now become too sudden. They just obediently studying when they saw the scene of people running away from others and just like that. Their peaceful time become a mess when one of the student rush into the cla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter