A bitter kiss

What is love?

It was almost all done for the Kim Company Charity Party: the hall was huge and well lit, there were two long tables set against the walls filled with all kinds of food and drink. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were really working hard to make everything perfect, they had even done away with the black code dress that Dahyun used for years and everyone could wear whatever they wanted.

'I think a few flowers scattered here and there would have a nice effect. They would make everything more colorful and the party atmosphere would be inevitable. I bet they will donate a lot of money, the schools to which we donate it will finally be able to be set up properly' Chaeyoung stated in excitement, giving directions to the staff 'we have twenty minutes to get everything ready, come on guys!'

Dahyun was proud of her staff and all the people who worked with her, but she was ready to kick Jeongyeon's 'I told you to dress however you want, not to dress like a bodyguard. Go get changed, it's a party for you too. There are a lot of armed guards, so stop worrying for once and have fun, it's an order' 

Jeongyeon gave a bored snort 'I hate parties and people who go to parties, they are all rich people who think they are the center of the world. Anyway, dressed like this I feel at ease, it's the suit I use for events' 

In that moment Nayeon and Jihyo arrived, both beautiful, but Jeongyeon's gaze was all for Nayeon: she was wearing a two-piece suit consisting of a jacket and long pants, she had heels and her hair smoothed just below her shoulder. Plus she had put on red lipstick and Jeongyeon was trying very hard not to look at her lips. 

'You have given in with the preparations, I'm impressed' Nayeon smiled 'and I'm surprised to see my baby sister dressed in a color other than black' she thumbed up. 

Jihyo laughed at Dahyun's annoyed face 'I'm sure Sana forced her to dress like that' 

'Yeah, and now she's trying to get me to change my clothes' Jeongyeon adjusted her jacket 'I'm comfortable, but she continues to insist' when Nayeon looked at her she felt helpless and guilty because Jeongyeon had been doing everything to ignore her for a month now.

Nayeon ignored her this time 'Tzuyu and Momo are arriving and Mina is already with Chaeyoung, but where is Sana?' she looked around 'she promised me to make you dance tonight' she pointed at Dahyun 'I'm looking forward to it' she smirked.

'She said that? I think she'll be single after this party' Dahyun was ready to run away when Sana hugged her from behind. 

'You're mine, tonight and forever, Kim Dahyun' she kissed her girlfriend's cheek and giggled 'I like this outfit, I should take all the girls away from you' 

Jihyo looked disgusted 'I need a drink after this' she walked away very quickly, even she was in high heels, and approached Chaeyoung and Mina. 

Nayeon and Jeongyeon were standing next to Sana and Dahyun, both embarrassed 'Tzuyu and Momo are finally here' the first was relieved and smiled at her friends, going to talk to them, while Jeongyeon was feeling jealous of the two girls and walked away, searching for a balcony. 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung was looking around with a big smile on her face and, noticing that most of her friends and her girlfriend weren't around, she decided to start the auction and went up to the small stage that she had set up.

'Good evening everyone!' she said after taking the microphone 'as you well know this evening I will auction some pieces of my gallery personally chosen by me. The money will be donated, I won't be holding it, so I advise you to be hard on it. Let's begin!'

Many of the guests gathered under the stage and offerings flew from all sides, which made Chaeyoung and Jihyo smile, being the only ones left to take care of everything.

When the first of the two noticed that Momo was staring at Jihyo she had an idea 'they already bought everything, get on stage'

'Why? I don't know how to entertain them and honestly I'm ashamed' she retorted. 

Chaeyoung seemed not to hear her and took her to the stage, taking the microphone again 'my friends, the auction is not over yet' she pointed to Jihyo with her hand and smiled 'this beautiful girl will keep you company for a drink, who among you wants some company?'

'That's funny' Sana smirked and looked at Momo 'what are you going to do? Will you let someone court her?' she took a sip of orange juice, she didn't want alcohol that night.

The brunette had a murderous look turned towards a blonde woman in her thirties who had just made an offer 'I'm offering double what she said!' she screamed after reaching the stage, chaining her gaze to Jihyo's.

A little war started between Momo and that woman and the younger decided to face her 'I'm running out of my money and my patience, could you stop bidding?' she was nervous and seemed ready to fight. 

The woman looked at her from top to bottom before smiling 'okay, but only because I see you much more interested than me'

Momo breathed a sigh of relief and reached Jihyo 'do you want to go out? The park out here is beautiful' she held out her hand and smiled when the other girl shook it.

They went out for walks, holding hands 'you shouldn't have spent that much money for me'

'I was going to donate them anyway, that's okay. At least I had an excuse to spend some time with you, we haven't seen each other much lately. I missed you'

Jihyo stopped walking 'I don't understand you, you tell me that you miss me and that I am special to you, but you don't want to be with me. This thing is driving me crazy, am I not enough for you?' 

A sigh escaped Momo's lips 'I'm sorry, but I can't give you more than this, I know myself and I know I'd only hurt you if we got together like a couple'

'So let's end it here, I don't want to have a body without a heart' Jihyo had teary eyes 'I will learn to love someone else, someone who wants to be with me entirely and not only when there is nothing better to do'

 

 

 

 

The fresh air of the night helped her a little bit, there was almost silence there, music and people seemed so far from her and Jeongyeon was relaxed. 

Her thoughts were all for Nayeon and she was feeling stupid because she was so in love with her friend, but couldn't tell her about her feelings. Why? She didn't know, her mind was a mess and her heart was like a box full of Nayeon. Jeongyeon laughed at herself 'you can give great advice to others, but you don't know how to follow them, loser' 

'I didn't know you like talking to yourself' Jeongyeon shoulders stiffened 'but you're right when you say you are a loser, Yoo Jeongyeon' Nayeon leaned against the wall, breathing deeply 'don't mind me, I drank a big glass of wine too fast and I needed some hair, I'll leave in a few minutes' 

They both remained silent for a bit, but then Nayeon let out what she was thinking 'I wanna know why you started ignoring me after my recover. I'm thankful for your help, you literally saved me, but since I started to recover you're acting like a stranger to me' she was looking at Jeongyeon's back. 

'You're exaggerating like always, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just busy. That's all' 

Nayeon laughed bitterly 'but you have enough time to go out with everyone except me. You have enough time to do whatever you want, as my sister doesn't make you work unnecessarily, like tonight. I'm sorry if I did something bad to you, but if this is the case tell me and I'll try to resolve everything. You mean a lot to me, I don't want to lose you' she whispered the last part 'I like our bound, I can't be bored when I'm with you' 

'When you're drunk you are more annoying than usual' Jeongyeon turned and faced her 'you haven't done anything wrong to me, but I don't want to have you around, I'm sorry Nayeon' 

Nayeon's eyes were wet, whether it was because of the alcohol or her words Jeongyeon didn't know, but she felt her sadness and she felt like a for telling her those things 'Nayeon I..' she tried, but the girl in front of her looked like she was about to pass out and was slipping against the wall. 

Jeongyeon took her hips and held her up 'sooner or later you will have to learn how to stop drinking more than necessary' she spoke in a low voice. 

'Why should I if you're always there to keep me standing?' she clung to Jeongyeon's jacket. They were almost the same height and Jeongyeon noticed that Nayeon was looking at her lips 'you're always too serious and restrained, it's not good for you' 

Jeongyeon's heart was beating very fast and the time seemed frozen to her 'I'm a bodyguard, what do you expect? Plus, you're offending me, I can be funny and I surely know how to have fun better than you, idiot' she was trying to behave as usual. 

Nayeon was amused 'I might be an idiot, but you're boring most of the time' she looked again at Jeongyeon's lips and bit her own. She put her hands on her shoulders and pulled her closer before kissing her softly on the lips, leaving Jeongyeon stunned. 

'Kiss me' Nayeon whispered on her lips and held her tight, sinking her fingers into Jeongyeon's hair and giving butterflies to her stomach. Nayeon was kissing her, Jeongyeon couldn't believe it was happening. Nayeon's lips were so soft and inviting so she easily gave in and kissed her, slowly and gently, but when she tasted the alcohol she remembered that Nayeon was drunk and snapped away. The magic of the moment quickly vanished and reality fell upon her like a huge boulder. 

'You're not thinking straight, I shouldn't have kissed you, I'm sorry' Jeongyeon looked at the girl she was kissing a few second earlier and saw that she was crying silently. 

Nayeon wiped her lips, smudging her lipstick even more 'don't excuse yourself, I'm the fool who always likes the wrong person but still keeps trying to get close. You don't like me in any way, I finally got it. I won't bother you anymore. And, just to let you know, I'm not drunk' she left quickly, trying not to sob with all her might, and went to the bathroom to settle down before returning to the party. She felt stupid and pathetic, it hurt her to think about that kiss she had so desired. 

Jeongyeon felt stupid and mentally slapped herself, she had managed to hurt Nayeon even more and she couldn't forgive herself for that. She made her usual serious and hard face and went back to the party, it was time for donations and she wanted to make her contribution. Why was she so good at taking care of everyone but not the one she loved? 

Momo wanted to let off steam and approached her, with a smirk on her face 'what a sly, who did you go to have a good time with? 

Jeongyeon was confused and ran a hand through her hair to fix it, but it was perfectly in order 'I don't understand what you are talking about' she kept her expression serious and controlled. 

Momo laughed and took the little heart-shaped mirror from her bag 'look at yourself' 

There were lipstick on her lips, Nayeon's lipstick, and her heart went down again as she whipped her lips. 

'You know, I was bored' she lied 'I wanted to avoid throwing the whole night straight down the toilet' too bad the night was already been ruined by her stupidity. 

'Good, you are finally acting like a person with needs' Momo seemed proud of her 'speaking of needs.. Have you seen Nayeon? I wanna talk with her about the next choreography I prepared, possibly in my bed' she winked and Jeongyeon's mind stopped working, her jealousy was immense and her eyes widened 'Jeong? Are you okay? Looks like you saw a ghost' she was aware about Jeongyeon's feelings for Nayeon and wanted to provoke her. 

'Stay away from her if you're not going to give her what she deserves' she looked menacing 'she isn't an object you can use whenever you want' 

'Okay, enough you two' Sana stepped into their midst 'Jeong, calm down. Momo hasn't said anything bad and I'm sure she has no bad intentions, I hope' she put a hand on her friend's shoulder. 

Momo was looking at them 'it's okay Sana, I'm just provoking her in the hope that she'll wake up and figure out what she's in danger of losing' she hugged Sana from behind and changed her expression and tone with a playfull one 'and I like Dahyunie, even the walls know it' 

Sana hit her on the head and then they both laughed 'you're an , stay away from my girl or I'll hit you, little hypocritical' she whispered the last part, making Momo silent. 

Jeongyeon was confused 'since when are you friends?' 

'Don't ask, they're like this since middle school' Mina was amused 'they love each other, but they act as if it isn't true. Plus, Momo isn't in love with Dahyun, she only says these things to make Sana nervous' 

Chaeyoung hold Mina with one arm and smiled 'they donated a lot of money, it will take a long time to count them all' she pointed at Dahyun and Jihyo who were busy counting all those bills 'it was a big success, so I want to invite you all to my house to celebrate one of these days' she made a little bow and her friends appreilated, amused. 

There were very few people left and the room was almost deserted. At that moment Nayeon and Tzuyu returned from the bathroom, holding hands. 

Nayeon looked shattered and when her gaze met Jeongyeon's the air became tense, worsening when Tzuyu looked at the bodyguard with her cold and at the same time angry gaze. Even Dahyun and Jihyo noticed and immediately joined the group, worried for their sister. 

'I'm fine, I just drank too much, will you take me home?' 

Dahyun answered her 'we are a little bit busy now, but Jeong can accompany you, she has to pass by to get home anyway' 

Jeongyeon stiffened, concerned by the answer Nayeon would give. 

'Okay, I'm too tired to refuse' her answer was strange, but no one asked her about it. 

They went all home except Dahyun, Sana and Jihyo as they had to finish counting the money and take care of some things. 

The ride was silent for Jeongyeon and Nayeon, the second girl even sat in the back seat of the car, away from the driver's seat, and didn't even say hello when she got out of the car. Jeongyeon wanted to cry, but she waited to be home to do it. 

That night had brought joy and fun to their group, but not everyone knew there were some broken hearts between them.