Chapter 13

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jeno was unaware that Jeein had already arrived, and it seems that the first thing she did upon arrival was to head over to Jaemin.

Why are they smiling like that too? Were they so happy to see each other?

Does he seem like bothering them or something if he calls Jaemin right now?

Is their plan to bake cupcakes still going to happen? However, if he calls Jaemin right now, he will appear to be a horrible guy who just disrupted such an important moment, or whatever it is.

But if he doesn't do that, there's a chance Jaemin will be upset again, and that's the last thing he'll do.

This is difficult.

Jeno moves his sight away from where he was looking and lets out a long sigh. He then frowns and decides to return later, thinking to himself that there is always another time.

It's a difficult choice for him.

But just as he was ready to leave, someone grabbed his hand to prevent him from leaving, and when he turned around to see who it was, he found Jaemin standing there.

Even though he is grinning at Jeno, a look of intense interest can be seen on his face. "You're already here. You should have called me Jeno-yah." He whispered it, causing the older to redden his cheeks just a little bit.

Why is he continuously blushing when he's around this guy? Jeno doesn't like Jaemin that way the last time he remembers, but according to Donghyuck, Jeno does and he's not simply aware of it.

Whatever it is, what matters is that they will bake cupcakes together.

The older is trying to hide his embarrassment by carefully massaging his nape. If Jaemin didn't see him, he must have left right now. "Thought you were busy." He replied gently as they both looked at Jeein, who was also smiling at them.

"I'm waiting for you. She just got back here and accompanied me at the same time while waiting for you."

"Really?" He smiled shyly. "I thought you had plans with her."

"What? No, I will never ditch you over her. Why would I do that if I already made a plan with you?" Jaemin shook. "I told you there's nothing going on between us."

Jeno gasped. "I-I know. I'm j-just saying and you don't have to explain." 

"Well, communication is the key." He winks. “I will still tell you everything even if you’re not asking.”

To stop himself from smiling, Jeno nibbled the insides of his cheeks, and he eventually found himself brushing his hair slowly. "Are you for real?"

After a brief chuckle, Jaemin nodded as he pushed the older closer to him and dragged him till he was entirely inside. Jeein was watching them as she shook her head and prepared to go. She had just gotten back and intended to rest, but she made the decision to check on their school to see whether it is doing well and if the outcome was satisfactory.

"Oh, you must be Jeno."

Jeno smiled and nodded. "H-Hi."

"I thought Jaemin was joking when he said that you too are getting along now. That's very nice to hear, actually.”

“I think so too.”

“Yeah right. When Jaemin said that, I think he’s just making things up because that’s impossible but after seeing you today, I think he’s telling the truth.”

“Why would I lie about that?” 

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s because of your desperation. You know, it’s really great for the two of you, especially for Jaemin because his sightseeing season is over."

"His... what?" Jeno blinks.

Jaemin gasped and grabbed Jeein's things and gave it to her before she could say anything while pushing her out of the room. "Right, you're leaving. Rest well!"

“I’m still talking mister!” 

“Close your mouth and leave.”

When Jaemin successfully forced Jeein to go, he closed the door and took a long breath before returning to where Jeno was standing, staring at him innocently, which made him smile.

"I’m sorry for that. She just enjoys chatting to others, even if she isn't close to them."

“What is she talking about?”

“I h-have no idea. Don’t  mind it.” 

Jeno has the intention of asking more questions, but he holds back himself when he realizes that Jaemin is trying to avoid answering them, although Jeno can feel that Jaemin knows what she’s talking about.

When Jaemin suddenly wraps the apron around him, it causes him to stop thinking as well. "Jeno-yah, we have to get started."

“S-Sure. What should we do first?” 

“Wash our hands.” 

“Right!” He chuckled then dragged Jaemin at the sink to wash their hands together.

At first, the atmosphere between the two was normal. Jeno, who has never baked before, is doing fantastically well while following Jaemin's directions and paying close attention. He's making certain that everything is flawless because he knows how important it is to be careful when baking.

Jaemin was having the time of his life while watching Jeno like that. 

They were peaceful at first, but when Jeno made his first mistake, followed by Jaemin, things became a little chaotic. Playing with each other, putting flour in each other's faces, teasing each other, and so forth. Jeno is surprised yet again, but he’s very glad to see Jaemin like this. That simply means that he’s comfortable with him.

“Mmm!!” Jeno exclaimed, eyes widened after tasting the cupcake and giving Jaemin two thumbs up. “It’s so good! I have already tasted many cupcakes but this one is different. I don’t know but this is the best cupcake I’ve ever had. No wonder your co-officers like it very much.” Jeno compliments Jaemin. 

“I’m happy you like it.” 

“How much is this? I’ll buy a box for myself.”

“I’ll let you have themt for free. But not this one.” 

Jeno blinks, confusedly staring at the younger. “Huh?”

Jaemin smiled and went somewhere inside the room. He took a box from the bread warmer as he excitedly went back to Jeno. 

“Here. I made this while waiting for you.” 

A quiet gasp left from Jeno’s lips when Jaemin handed him the box and he looked at him unbelievably. 

The cupcakes inside the box were designed beautifully unlike the one that they baked today. 

It's basically prettier and special.

Jaemin examined Jeno's face and felt satisfied at his reaction.

“It’s a little different though but I hope you-” 

Before Jaemin could finish his words, he was suddenly engulfed by a warm hug from Jeno while whispering ‘thank yous’ to him. He was taken aback by it but of course, he loves it.

“Thank you so much Nana! I’ll make it up to you next time, I will surely do that!”

“You don’t have to, Jeno-yah.”

“No. I will do it.” He is persistent. 

“You treated me a ramen last time.” 

“But that’s not special.”

“It is, for me.”  You have no idea how happy I am at that time. 

Jeno was still hugging Jaemin as they were having that conversation, and he didn't seem to mind when he realized that Jaemin had set aside the box in order to return his hug and tighten it. 

They both felt as if they were getting closer again. Closer than this squishy, cuddly embrace.

“You know, I really love it! But let me buy this cupcake too. We made it together.”

“Alright. Whatever you want.” 

– - -

“Why did Sungchan return my money yesterday? I thought you and Jaemin had made up?” Karina asked.

“Oh ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter