EP 4

LOVE IS THE WAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Seulgi watch as Irene carefully laying on her bed. She doesn't receive any help although Seulgi has offered one. Kang Seulgi just eyeing her patient pull the blanket up to her head. Fully covering her body. How come someone look so arrogant even in their vulnerable time. How come someone trying to act tough even in their weakest time? That one thing will always be a mystery that no one can answer. No one. 

Kang Seulgi attention divert to the ward doorway where Mrs.  Kim and her daughter entering the VIP room. They look contemplates. Maybe afraid of the 'little lion' reaction when she see them in her room. Dr. Kang turn her heels towards the door and bow politely when her eyes meet the older woman. She left Irene with her supposedly family. She will come again later to check on the patient. She close the door behind her.

Kang Seulgi can hear some of the staffs gossiping about something as she walking closer to the nurse station. 

"Excuse me, can I see Ms. Bae chart?", asked Dr. Kang to the nurse behind the counter. The incharge nurse pass her the chart she asked for. Kang Seulgi read the chart while her half attention focused on the gossiping nurse behind her. 

How they know so much? Has she lived in a cave for these past years where she know nothing about all the rumors they are talking about. Seulgi's ears perked up when she hear them talking about Irene's family.

Bae Hwi Joon, the previous CEO of one of the most succesful company in South Korea, the sole heir of Bae Corporation, died in an accident 10 years ago. Leaving his only daughter behind, Bae Irene. Bae Irene who only 19 years old when her father died became the youngest CEO of the company.

No one know what is in the young CEO head. So much bad rumors about Bae Corporation new president. Unstable mental health, drugs abuse, bully and many more. Just say it. 19 years old is a perfect age for rebellious.  She must had done at least one of the bad thing during her time. Like a normal teenager. 

She think. 

Kang Seulgi rolled her eyes when she hear the gossip. It is a very sensitive rumors. How can someone easily talking about someone they rarely know when the rumors are not proven yet? It will become an accusation if the rumors turn out false. 

Human. It is easier talking behind someone back other than when someone talking about them. 

She leave the nurse station and walk towards her department building after she done checking Irene's chart. 

 

Meanwhile in the VIP room 329, Kim Taeyeon trying to have a 'nice' conversation with her niece. She cut an apple for Irene to eat. Like Irene has appetite to eat when they are around. Irene didn't even bother to take a glance at the older woman. She still cover her body with the blue blanket.

Yerim on the other side sit on the couch few meters aways from Irene's bed. She still pissed. It is not her choice to be here, in the same room with the arrogant Bae Irene, her devil cousin. To share the same air with her. It is suffocating her. Yerim fished out her phone from her jeans and play with it. 

"Irene-ah, come and eat. I cut some apples for you", Taeyeon softly called when she done cutting the apple. She put the plate on the table besides Irene's bed. 

Irene remain silent. 

"Irene-ah, I know you don't like to see us here, but you have no one else", the older woman gather her braveness and trying to pull down the blanket from covering her niece. 

"Stop whatever you are doing". 

Taeyeon action stopped when she hear Irene talked.

"What do you mean? What am I doing?", Kim Taeyeon innocently asked.

Not innocent enough for Irene. She know the woman so well. She know her real intention of the kindness she is currently showed. 

Irene scoff. "You are smart enough to know what you are doing right now. I don't think I need to state it aloud for you to admit". 

The older woman purse her lips into a straight line. 

Irene pull down her blanket harshly and sit on the bed. Glaring at her 'aunt'. 

"If you are trying to convince me that you are on my side, I don't give a to your act", Irene said and she push the plate off the table. Her patience are getting thinner. 

Clangs sound filled the room. Kim Yerim immediately rose up from her seat due to the sound and rushingly approaching her mother. Her eyes landed on the scattered fruits on the floor before she glares at her cousin. 

"You damn . How rude of you for doing this to my mother", she stand in front of Irene. Trying to tower the older girl despite her small body. 

Irene rolled her eyes in annoyance. She steps down from her bed and stand in front of her supposedly cousin.  

"You little , I never ask you to come here and disturb me", Irene said, trying her best to look as tough as she can despite still in a pain.

"Oh I forgot , do you think I will give my company to you if you appear here and show me your sympathy?", she said, mocking the younger. "Dream on ", she push Yerim and walking pass by the younger girl. 

Yerim balled her hand. She really hate humilated by others especially by someone like Irene. She has living her life in a pride and she won't stand still when someone crush her pride.

"We should just let you die back there", Kim Yerim viciously said.

Irene stop walking. She close her eyes and painfully replied, "I never ask you to save me. Plus I better off die than to see you two again". she said before she enter the comfort room.

"Patience Yerim. It's not the time yet" , she heard Kim Taeyeon whispered to her daughter before she shut the door completely.

Irene immediately support her weak body on the sink. She hold the sink with her both hand. She look at her reflection on the mirror. She look messy. Her arrogant facade has turned to a vulnerable one. She wonder, when did she became so weak? The mighty Bae Irene slowly disappear from her. 

She is still in a pain, physically and mentally, but she never ever want to show it to her so called 'family'. She hate them. She hate them so much that if it is possible, she want to erase them from this world. She want them to disappear for good, but Bae Irene is different from them. Although she desperately want them to disappear from her sight, she never do anything to harm them. Instead, they are the one who do that to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter