EP 2

LOVE IS THE WAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Seulgi is in the middle of cooking when her phone chimes indicating someone had sent her a message. She turn off the gas and grab the empty plate she prepared earlier from the kitchen island and pour her breakfast into the plate. She bring the food at the kitchen island and pull out a stool to sit on it. Her phone's screen lit up when she lifted up her phone from the table. She saw there is one unread message from 'Shon Seonsaeng'. She unlocked her phone and open the message application. 

"Call me back?", Kang Seulgi read the message. 

She hit the call button and wait for the other person to pick up her call while her other hand take a spoon and pick up some Bokkeumbap that she just cooked. It took few rings until the other person at the end of the line answer her. 

"Hello, Kang Seulgi", said the person at the other line.

"Hello. What's up? You ask me to call you back", Kang Seulgi said while munching on her food. 

"Oh yes, I have something to ask from you. But I think this is not the right time"

"Dr. Shon, we need help here"

Kang Seulgi can hear someone called for her friend. 

"I'm coming", said Dr. Shon to the person behind her. "Seulgi yah, meet me at hospital later. I need to go now". 

"Okay. See you later", Kang Seulgi managed to reply that before Dr. Shon ended the call. 

She put down her phone and eat her remaining breakfast. 

_____

It is only 7 in the morning and Irene was already wake up from her sleep. She stares at the blue sky through the window while laying on her bed. The curtain has been like that since yesterday. She is wonder if the staff purposely let the curtain open for her to see the outside scenery or they just didn't care about the curtain existance. 

Irene can hear someone entered her room. The pushed trolley noise filled the room. It is loud enough to not notice it. 

"Oh, you awake", said the person who just entered her room. 

Irene just ignored her presence. She can saw from her pheriperal vision that the person is wearing a pink uniform. So it is not the last night doctor. 

"Is your body okay? You will still feel the pain but I will give you the painkiller. Don't worry, it will heal very soon", the person said as her hand busy preparing something on the trolley. 

The staff pulled the trolley besides Irene's bed. "I need to take your blood pressure", she said. 

Irene totally ghosting her. 

The nurse wrap the blood pressure cuff around Irene's upper arm and push the start button.

It was an awkward silent when no one is talking. Only the machine sound can be heard. 

"Okay. Your blood pressure is okay", the nurse said as she take the patient's chart and write down the record on it. She unwrapped the cuff and put it back on the trolley. 

"Time to take your medicine Miss Bae", she said. She gives Irene her medicine but Irene didn't even spare a glance at her. Still back facing her.

"You know what, the pain will be greater when the painkiller effect wear off. You might want to take this right now", the nurse said. Still shoving the medicine to Irene even though the patient still didn't budge to look at her. 

That pain will never be the same like the one I had felt for all those years.

____

Kang Seulgi and Dr. Shon familiar known as Wendy are standing in front of a door. Kang Seulgi glance at the name plate at the wall besides the door. 'BAE' written on it.

"Lets go", Wendy said and knock on the door. Waiting for the patient at the other side to give her permission. They decided to just enter when there is no respond for another almost 1 minute. Wendy slides open the door and walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter