Fin.

One-Time Thing

The woman grimaced at the sight of her reflection in the mirror. Puffy eyes with dark circles under, bloated cheeks, chapped lips.






 

"I look like . " She curses rather indolently, blinking her eyes as she tried to ease away her drowsiness. She opened the vanity cabinet and was more than glad to find that there's still two hangover pills. She took one in , swallowed it, and hoped her headache would magically stop.

 

 

Sana stepped inside the shower room and let the warm water fully consume her. She closed her eyes, silently scrubbing her body until she felt a slight pain coming from her core.










 

Reality daunted her once more, which made Sana hit her head repeatedly at the firm wall in front.




 

"I just ing slept with my bestfriend. " she groaned to herself. "Oh God, I'm so stupid. "





 

Sana opened her eyes, only for a sight of  dahyun cuddling her flashing on her brain. She shook her head vigorously, growing red all over. She slapped each side of her face and pinched her arms, but only felt pain, much to her dismay. She was hoping that she was just in the middle of a nightmare and that any moment now would she wake up, but to no avail, it was all a reality and Sana knew she had to face the consequences.






 

"We messed up big time."

















 

Sana groaned at the presence of bright light shining down her face. She gripped the pillow she was cuddling tightly and was greeted by incoherent mumbles. She thought it was her drunk self hearing nonexistent things.



 

Her brows narrowed when she felt her pillow rising and falling. It was as if it was breathing that Sana only put a dumb smile on her face, eyes still closed. Drunk and still happily consumed with her sleep, she heeds no attention to it.





 

Sana felt like it was the best sleep she's ever had. The bed is soft and comfortable, and she felt cool but warm. It was an indescribable feeling and all she wanted to do is resume her precious sleep.




 

About to lull herself back, she was interrupted when she felt herself being gripped tightly and closer.



 

Her eyes opened in an instant, now quite certain that the pillow she was cuddling was not a pillow. It was rather a surprise to her when she sees her bestfriend's face, Kim Dahyun, dangerously close to hers. What more was that SHE WAS CUDDLING HER.




 

Sana was lying atop Dahyun's arms, encircling her as Dahyun's hand grips her arm. She soon noticed how her left leg and hand lies on Dahyun, that she quickly removed it ever so gently, afraid she would wake the girl up.

 

She laid there, tense, as she stared at Dahyun's peaceful sleeping face with second thoughts.


 

'Is this a dream?' she asked herself internally.




 

There was no way in hell Dahyun would be like this. The girl even reckoned she's allergic to Sana's skinship. She loathed them. Dahyun would passionately run away from Sana if that's what it takes to escape her cuddles and kisses.


 

Sana thinks Dahyun would rather die than have herself and Sana in this very intimate cuddling position she was seeing right now.


 

Sana put an amused smile, weirded out by the very weird dream, as she assumes, but intrigued to see a not clingyphobic Dahyun.

 

She squinted her eyes and noticed Dahyun was not wearing any shirt, the straps of her bra nowhere to be seen as well. The woman was completely wrapped in a blanket and Sana would chuckle, because her bestfriend looked .


 

 

She looked at her for a few more minutes, before deciding it would be best to finally wake herself up. Sana slightly budged, only to stop halfway when she felt a slight discomfort on her core.



 

Confused, she raised the blankets over her and what seen, or perhaps not seen, below almost made her eyes bawl.









 

"AHHHHHH!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, hands gripping the blanket sheets tightly as she rapidly stood up from the bed. The pillows fell and the blanket, which Dahyun and her seemed to be sharing a while ago, was completely in Sana's grip, leaving Dahyun in the bed with nothing.




 

Her sheer ness exposed in front of Sana.



 

"What the ?" Dahyun quickly propped herself up using her elbows, clearly alarmed because of the scream. She squinted her eyes at Sana whose face was beet red, slack-jawed, eyes wide open, looking at her body. "Sana? Hello? Why are you-




 

Using her shaking forefinger, the latter pointed out Dahyun's body.



 

Dahyun snorted, unamused, before glancing down at her body. "WHAT THE SANA."




 

Seeing herself without any clothes on, Dahyun was quick to panic and look around for something that could cover her, but everything seemed far away. It was only the bed and her, nothing more nothing less. And Sana? Oh she was still staring like a damn statue, and Dahyun was getting redder with every millisecond that passed.



 

Having no choice, Dahyun did the first thing that came to her mind.



 

She lied down in the bed face down, covering her chest and private area, but sacrificing the sight of her very pale that Sana even managed to chuckle before coming to her senses to turn around, closing her eyes tightly.




 

When she did so, it was Dahyun's turn to chuckle. "Sana, your . " the younger quickly shifted her head to the other side, preventing herself from bursting into laughter.




 

Sana, on the other hand, grew redder. She wrapped the blanket around her body and mentally cursed herself for being so stupid. She forgot that the blanket she was gripping was only covering her front. "Stop being a ert!" she shouted.




 

"And now I'm the ert?" Dahyun retorted, scoffing exaggeratedly so that the older would hear it. "You were openly staring at my body a while ago. , why am I even ? Did you-




 

"I don't know!" Sana interrupted. "Let's just wake up already. I don't-



 

 

"What are you saying?"




 

"If you haven't realized it yet, we are in a nightmare, Dahyun! I've seen too much already so please could you just slap me already so I could-




 

"Ouch!"



 

Sana jumped, almost getting a heart attack because of the latter's scream. She quickly turned around and saw Dahyun, thankfully now in her undies and bra, groaning in pain as she observes the bruise that's beginning to form.



 

Sana rushed towards her side, looking at her arm. "What in the hell did you do?"



 

Dahyun swallowed. "I pinched myself. "




 

"Why would you even-




 

"Sana, we are not ing dreaming. " Dahyun deadpanned, the features on her face getting too serious for Sana's liking.



 

They held each other's gaze, before breaking each other's eye contact awkwardly. The two both observed their surroundings instead, hoping it would make them remember something to solve the enigma as to why they were 1) cuddling, and 2) .




 

Sana sees the three bottles of wine on the floor and groaned. "We were drunk. "


 

"Eh? But I don't drink wine. "


 

"Yes, but you were...." Sana started massaging her temples, feeling the hangover taking place. She closed her eyes and tried her best to remember something.



 

"I was broken-hearted of Momo. " Dahyun suddenly said, gaining the attention of Sana. The older sees her holding a piece of crumpled paper. Plenty of " Momo" and " Miyeon" were written messily. "And you were broken-hearted of Miyeon. "



 

 

 

Dahyun shifted a little closer to Sana, "And I think we had a sleepover, considering my mac has Netflix open. "



 

Sana nodded timidly, "And since we were both miserable, we decided to drink. That explains the three bottles of wine by the floor. " she continued, and Dahyun nodded.



 

They look at each other again, pure tension was filled in the air, until Dahyun lowers her eyes on Sana's exposed milky neck.









 

Filled with what seemed to be lovebites.











 

Dahyun was not one to conclude easily, but everything screams one thing. She reckoned it is also the reason why her fingers felt numb. She grimaced at the thought.



 

"And we...we.." Dahyun stammered, trying to find a better word despite knowing how it wouldn't change the fact that the damage would not lessen. She swallowed and met Sana's eyes again, and the younger could feel Sana's nervousness. "We-


 

"I know, Dahyun. " Sana sighed exasperatedly, cutting out the younger. She didn't want to hear the word. It was already obvious anyways.




 

Both staring at nothingness, Sana cleared to get Dahyun's attention.



 

"What do we do now?"

 

"I.." Dahyun halted. "You go take a shower and I'll prepare breakfast for the meantime. "


 

"Okay."


 

"Okay."


 

~









 

The silence was painfully deafening.


 

The pair was both eating, and only the clinking of utensils could be heard. Sana sat across Dahyun by the table, thinking if she should start a conversation.

 

"So.."

 

"So.."



 

They both started in unison, that Dahyun had to chuckle awkwardly. "You first," Dahyun offered.


 

Sana sighed, a mix of disappointment and hopelessness, before looking straight into Dahyun's eyes with a glint of pleading. "We should forget everything that ever happened. "



 

There was something in the younger's eyes that Sana could not pinpoint. Then again, she was reminded that she is talking to Dahyun. No matter how long their friendship has come, about eleven years by now, she could never read her completely. Her bestfriend has always been an enigma to her.



 

Dahyun cleared and looked away, "Right."

 

"It's not right."

 

"I know. "
 

 

"Maybe, " Sana halted, waiting for Dahyun's eyes to meet her again. When the younger finally met her gaze, it was her turn to look away.

 

She could not even look in her eyes without having quick flashbacks of what happened yesterday.

 

"...maybe we should avoid each other for the meantime?" Sana asked suggestively. "Just for a few days, you know. For us to forget and-


 

"Okay. " Dahyun said before Sana could even finish. It was too quick for Sana's liking that she winced.


 

"Okay?"



 

"Let's give each other space until then. " Dahyun gave a tight-lipped smile before continuing eating.


 

Sana frowned. Dahyun was acting kind of strange. Concerned, she chose not to pay much attention to it. Sana thought that maybe her bestfriend was traumatized by this predicament they had both caused recklessly.



 

After she finished eating, she bid a quick goodbye to her bestfriend, before leaving.




 

Sana was grateful it was Saturday. She still has another day to sort her school works and clear her mind.


 

~






Few days, apparently, turned into weeks. Two weeks, to be exact. It has been two full weeks since their mistake and Dahyun's been doing a great job avoiding her.



 

Whenever she sees Dahyun by the hallway, the girl would be too quick to change routes. Whenever their group of friends would make plans, Dahyun would come up with multiple reasons. And whenever Sana felt ultimately miserable that she would not be able to help herself but to text Dahyun, the girl would only reply shortly, even texting a quick 'good night' to end the conversation.



 

Sana was irritated. The longest she's ever been without actively communicating with Dahyun would be two days. Let alone expect her request to be taken too seriously that it's almost two damn weeks now, still ongoing. When she said few days, she meant few daysSana never expected that Dahyun would, and COULD, actually avoid her for weeks. It made her feel gloomy.

 

"Earth to Sana? Hello?" Mina snapped her fingers in front of Sana's face, successfully snapping the latter from her thoughts.

 

"Sorry, what did you say?"

 

"I said, stop being too obvious. "

 

"What?" Sana asked, confused.

 

The ballerina could only look at her concerningly. Sana eyed her Japanese bestfriend, suddenly feeling conscious. "You were glaring. "

 

"I was?"

 

"You were glaring at Dahyun and Irene. " Mina expounded, to which Sana could only chuckle in disbelief, face filled in defense.

 

"I was not. "

 

"You were. " Mina rolled her eyes. "Exactly why is Dahyun avoiding you? "

 

"No, she's not-

 

"Sana, please. I know something has happened. What is it?" Mina pressed, leaning towards Sana with her arms crossed.

 

Sana looked at the other's eyes and only saw concern. She knew Mina would never judge her harshly, nor snitch it to others. The girl was too pure and kind. Sighing in defeat, she covered her face using her hands and leaned towards the latter's ears. "We may or may not had a drunk hookup accidentally. "


 

Mina's eyes widened at the confession, "You two had ?"



 

Sana closed her eyes and nodded painfully. The ballerina could only gasp, and Sana thanked the heavens that Mina was not the loud type of person.


 

"Uhm, okay. " Mina mumbled, finally regaining her composure, before leaning towards Sana again. "Was she good?" She teased, brows wiggling suggestively.

 

"Mitang!" Sana groaned silently, looking away. She felt her face hot that she started fanning it using her hand.


 

Mina let out a tiny chuckle. "So she was good. "


 

"I don't really remember the feeling, but I was very sore when we woke up. " Sana admitted bashfully, that Mina could only smirk. "Anyways, after that, I kind of suggested we should avoid each other. "


 

"Why?"



 

Sana looked at Mina expectantly and was disappointed to see her confused. "Because it's not right? Friends don't have with each other, Mitang. Let alone bestfriends. " Sana stated, emphasizing the last word.



 

Mina held Sana's gaze and when she saw no signs of fooling, she bursted out laughing. "What blind idiots. "


 

"Hey, I heard that. What are you insinuating now?" Sana frowned.





 

"Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, your so-called 'soulmate' you've been trying to find ever since has been by your side the entire time?" Mina asked, and Sana's brows only furrowed which had the ballerina close her eyes in exasperation. "Sana, what I'm simply asking is, are you sure you don't like Dahyun more than friends? Or perhaps you know and you just chose to refuse on acknowledging the feeling and be in denial?"




 

"No. " Sana quickly defended, letting out a chuckle of disbelief. "What are you saying now, Mitang. Dahyun has always been a bestfriend to me. Nothing more, nothing less. "



 

The latter snorted, unconvinced, but decided not to press further. "Whatever you say I guess. "


 

She reckoned she'd let the two fools realize it themselves. Having to watch the two of her close friends go through a series of heartbreaks, always comforting each other in-betweens, Mina found Sana and Dahyun's friendship an interesting sight to see. Both were always too quick to hop from one relationship to another, also too quick to get brokenhearted, but the two always had each other's backs.


 

 

Mina wanted to slap each other with realization as she sees the way their eyes glint whenever both spend time together.





 

"Let me ask, why do you seem annoyed now?"


 

"Only a little. " Sana said in tiny voice, pouting. "When I suggested to her that we should stop seeing each other in the meantime, I only meant it for a few days. I didn't know it would turn into weeks. "



 

Mina hums. "You seem mad as well. "



 

"That's because, " Sana stopped, lowering her head. "Well, Dahyun and I made an agreement that whenever one of us starts dating someone new, the first person that should know about it should be each of us. "

 

"And?"

 

"And she didn't told me about Irene!" said the older in disbelief.

 

"Sana, you don't even know if they're really dating or not. "

 

"But it sure looks like they are. "

 

Mina smirked playfully, which didn't go unnoticed by Sana. Sana rolled her eyes, "I'm not jealous. Drop it. "

 

Mina's brows quirked, the smirk plastered on her face widening.


 

"Ah, I haven't even said a thing. " She defended, eyes glinting with innocence she knows she could pull off completely. "I charge you guilty then. "



 

"Whatever. "


 

"Don't worry. Jihyo's birthday is in a few. "



 

"Oh, right! " Sana exclaimed excitedly. "Uh, the correlation?"


 

For the umpteenth time, Mina rolled her eyes. Sana is a bright student, but sometimes Mina questions it. The girl can be totally dense and slow which exasperates her. "You'd be able to talk to Dahyun then. "

 

"Hmm," Sana nodded. "You're actually right. I don't think Dahyun could say no on this one. "

 

"It's our group tradition ever since then. Besides, knowing Jihyo, she would absolutely not let Dahyun ditch her birthday. "

 

Sana smiled a little, thinking she should definitely muster up some courage to tell Dahyun that it should stop. Two weeks of avoidance and lack of communication have been enough for her. She would not let Dahyun avoid her for more. It has been suffering and it needs to end.

 

She wants her bestfriend back.




 

~






 

Sana sat at Jihyo's couch, anxiously looking at the door occasionally.

 

It was Jihyo's birthday, and she invited their whole squad to her condominium. There were plenty of snacks and booze readied on the big table, and everyone seemed so happy except for Sana who patiently sits on the couch.


 

"Gather up, hoes!" Jihyo announced, getting the attention of everyone and successfully gathering all to the living room. Jihyo stood in front, eyes scanning every member.


 

Sana knew she was counting.

 

Jihyo frowned. "Where's-
 

 

"Was I late?"

 

Sana swallowed. She couldn't even turn her head around.

 

"Just on time, Dahyun. " Jihyo said, smiling wide before hugging the girl. "I knew you cannot say no to me anyways. "

 

Sana watched Dahyun walk at the other side of the couch, across her. The girl did not even spare her a glance.

 

She frowned lightly, clearly displeased by how obvious Dahyun is. It hurt her.


 

Nayeon eyed Dahyun weirdly when she sat beside her. "Why are you here?"

 

"Ya, I was invited. "

 

"No. I mean, why would you sit beside me?"

 

"What's the problem with that?" Dahyun chuckled, but Nayeon knew better. She sensed the younger's nervousness. Something was definitely wrong.

 

"You'd really suffocate yourself with that small space when you could've just sat beside Sana?"

 

All eyes were suddenly on Dahyun. Afraid that the group might question her actions even more, she just rolled her eyes and walked towards the older girl.



 

Dahyun looked at Sana and gave her a small smile, too polite for Sana's liking, before sitting beside her.


 

"Did you two fought?" Jeongyeon suddenly asked.

 

Both were quick to shook their heads no, chuckling. "No, of course not. Why would you say that?" Sana asked, tone filled with fake disbelief.

 

"Nothing. I just haven't seen the two of you hang out for quite some time now. I thought something has happened. " Jeongyeon shrugged.

 

Dahyun laughed loudly but quickly stopped when she realized it was only her laughing. She cleared awkwardly, seeing the weird glances from her friends.


 

"Anyways, " Jihyo clapped. "Let the party begin!"






 

The night was young and fun would be served.


 

That except for two wary bestfriends sitting beside each other.









 


 

After plenty of eating and drinking and loud noraebang, the group decided on playing a silly game before wrapping up the night.

 

Sana was quite exhausted. Every time she tried to start a conversation with Dahyun, the younger would find a way to end it quickly. She has been avoiding her subtly the whole night, and Sana grew tired approaching. Hell, it was Jihyo's birthday! She was supposed to have fun and not worry.



 

"No. I'm not joining," said Jeongyeon, crossing her arms.



 

Jihyo huffed in annoyance. "You can't not join! It's my birthday. You don't get to say no!"


 

"Jih, you're drunk oh my god. Stop whining. "


 

"No can do. We will play this game!"


 

"Agree!" Nayeon butted, laying her head on her girlfriend's shoulder, Mina. Nayeon saw how Sana fake-gagged when she sees her and Mina being lovey-dovey, that she had to stick her tongue out and roll her eyes.

 

"You're girlfriend is literally by your side, Nayeon. " Jeongyeon deadpanned.

 

"It's fine by me. " Mina giggled. "Besides, I think it'd be fun. Maybe even put some sense to some of us. "

 

Sana did not missed Mina's suggestive look at her.


 

"I agree with Jeongyeon. " Sana accorded. "Friends don't kiss. "

 

"You're no fun!" Jihyo frowned.

 

"Right. " Dahyun finally spoke, chuckling. "It's Jihyo's birthday, guys. Let's agree with the celebrant in the meantime. "

 

"Ooohh Dahyun do you wanna kiss me?" Chaeyoung teased, leaning her face towards Dahyun that the latter had to slap her face lightly, laughing.


 

"Everyone in circle now!" Jihyo announced.

 

Jeongyeon, despite still disagreeing with the game, had no choice but to obey. She didn't want to be labeled a buzzkill. She reckoned she'd let this pass through.


 

Everyone gathered on the floor forming a circle.

 

The game was simple. Each of them would spin the bottle and they would have to kiss the person the bottle would point at.

 

Sana was pretty nervous. What if the bottle points at Dahyun? Does she have to kiss her? What would-

 

". " Jihyo cursed loudly, snapping her out from her thoughts. The bottle she spun pointed at Jeongyeon, whose face was now currently red as a tomato.


 

"I TOLD YOU THIS WAS-


 

Jeongyeon's mouth was suddenly interrupted with Jihyo's lips on her.



 

The group howled, clapping. Sana reckoned they were all too drunk, except for Dahyun who did not even drink a glass.


 

The game was going smooth so far. After Jihyo, it was Tzuyu who spun and had a liplock with Chaeyoung (the girl had always been whipped to the other, and she didn't waste the opportunity). And then it was Nayeon's turn and the oldest jumped in joy when it pointed at her girlfriend, Mina.



 

Sana had to roll her eyes when Mina's bottle pointed at Nayeon as well.



 

"Goddamn these lovers. " Jeongyeon muttered, hands still covering her face in embarrassment because she was still red.

 

"Your turn, Sana!" Mina reached out the bottle to her and she nodded nervously.

 

She sees everyone's eyes on her, except Dahyun whose eyes lie on the bottle on the floor.

 

When Sana finally gave the bottle a spin, she was muttering a silent prayer internally.





 

Please don't be Dahyun.






 

She watched the bottle gradually becomes slow, and every millisecond that passed had her heart almost coming out from her chest.

 

And when it stopped, she sighed in relief.




 

It was pointing at Tzuyu.






 

Sana smiled and approached Tzuyu before giving Tzuyu a quick peck on the lips.


 

Unbeknownst to her, someone was glaring daggers behind her back.


 

The game resumed with Chaeyoung's turn, and she almost cried in disgust when the bottle pointed at Dahyun.


 

"Please just let me treat you all whatever oh my god. " Dahyun begged and practically kneeled in front of everyone.

 

Chaeyoung started kneeling as well. "Make it two! I'd treat you guys as well just please let us escape-

 

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Nayeon chanted, and sooner everyone except Dahyun and Chaeyoung was chanting as well.

 

"Ya Dahyun, abide by the rules!" Jihyo shouted.


 

Dahyun sighed before closing her eyes, "Okay Chae, please make it quick you dwarf. "



 

Chaeyoung nodded. "Quick as a lightning bolt. "


 

True to her words, Chaeyoung quickly left a light peck on Dahyun's lips. After that, the two best bros jumped in disgust, their reactions making everyone laugh out loud. Both even had to brush their teeth, as if they had been infected with each other's germs.


 

The two were a funny sight and everyone was having fun watching them.


 

After that, the game resumed with Jeongyeon spinning the bottle. It landed to Mina, and Nayeon's glare could kill the latter.




 

"Make it quick, Yoo Ostrich. " Nayeon threatened, glaring at the sight of Jeongyeon in front of Mina.

 

"Will do. " Jeongyeon teased, before pecking Mina's lips.

 

Mina quickly wiped her lips and kissed her girlfriend's cheek, knowing the other must've been so jealous. Nayeon was quick to soften after receiving the kiss.


 

"Last but not the least, our baby tofu!" Jeongyeon announced, and Dahyun grimaced.



 

"Please let it not be Chaeyoung. " Dahyun mutters loudly before spinning the bottle.




 

Sana was once again nervous. Muttering her prayers internally once more, she now hoped it wouldn't point at her.

 

 




 

Sana swore her heartbeat stopped when she sees the bottle pointing directly at her. She was frozen there, sitting as she looked at Dahyun's eyes whose eyes would almost bawl in surprise.





 

The group howled. "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"





 

Dahyun swallowed and held Sana's gaze as if she's asking permission to do it so. She saw Dahyun's eyes were full of sincerity, that she nodded timidly.





 

She knew they could not escape the situation.



 

Dahyun slowly approached her, and with every step the girl took, her heart would beat rapidly. She was growing redder, that for sure. Sana even held her chest, worried that everyone might just hear how loud her heart beats.



 

"I'm gonna kiss you right now. " Dahyun breathes, swallowing in nervousness.


 

"Okay. "





 

Sana closed her eyes, anticipating the latter's peck.






 

She most definitely did not expect Dahyun to usher her lips against her, legitimately kissing her. Sooner, Sana found herself lost in euphoria as she responded back with fervor. It was weird. Their lips were like pieces of puzzle that perfectly matches one another. Her heart continues racing, and she feels butterflies in her stomach. Dahyun parted her lips gently, tongue slipping inside that Sana had to stifle a moan from coming. Every move from Dahyun's tongue sent light sparkles inside her. It made her brain go haywire.




 

Sana could not even hear the loudness of her other friends right now.



 

All she's aware of is how Dahyun, her bestfriend, is kissing her.



 

And it feels sinfully good.





 

Sana only came back to her senses when she felt the latter's lips pulling away from her. She opened her eyes and sees Dahyun's firm gaze on her, something in the light of her eyes made her feel nervous.


 

Dahyun retreated back on her seat and suddenly felt conscious. Everyone was looking at the both of them, slack-jawed and eyes wide open, except for Mina who seems to be smirking.

 

"That was so hot. " Nayeon muttered.

 

"It lasted for about 15 seconds, I counted!" Chaeyoung said, sparing a knowing glance at Dahyun.

 

"I have to go to the bathroom. " Sana stood up and excused herself, embarrassed.

 

She had to scold herself for acting like that.

 

When Sana finally reached the bathroom, she locked the door and looked at herself in the mirror.

 

It was just like before except this time she remembers and she was fully conscious of her actions. Sana lifted her fingers and touched her lips slightly.


 

She felt light sparkles on her insides.


 

Sana had to bite her lip, wanting to tell herself that she should forget it, but how could she?


 

She had kissed quite a lot of people, but Dahyun's was just intriguingly different. It made her feel things she hasn't felt before. The delicious tingles in her body and the intense craving for more (sana would hate to admit) were new to her.


 

Sana hated that Dahyun was such a good kisser. A great one, actually.


 

She regained her composure and fixed her hair before leaving the bathroom.


 

She was thankful everyone was minding their own business, now seemed to be cleaning out all the mess. Sana helped Jihyo with the plates while the others swept the floor and picked the trashes.

 

 

 







 

After a few minutes, everyone was slowly leaving one by one. Mina and Nayeon were the first ones to left, followed by Chaeyoung and Tzuyu.

 

That left the four of them in Jihyo's condominium.

 

"Jih, I'll spend the night here. " Jeongyeon yawned, and the celebrant only nodded in acknowledgment.

 

"How about you two? Sana? Dahyun?"

 

"I should go. I still have some things to sort out. " Sana said, before approaching Jihyo to give her a hug. "Happy Birthday Jih."

 

"I would have to go too, Jih. " Dahyun announced, and Jihyo nodded.

 

"Will you two go home together?"

 

 

"Uh no-

 

"Do you have your car with you, Sana?" Dahyun asked, meeting her gaze. The older shook her head no.

 

"I'll give you a ride home. "

 

"Really, it's fine. I could just take a cab. " Sana politely refused, not wanting to bother the younger. In all honesty, it was because she doesn't think she can handle being alone with her after what happened.

 

"I know you could. " Dahyun frowned. "But it isn't safe. "

 

"I do not want to bother-


 

"You will never be a bother to me. " Dahyun blurted out unconsciously, looking away when she heard those words leaving .

 

"Okay then. Thank you. " Sana replied sweetly.

 

Jihyo was looking at them back and forth, a knowing glance and smirk plastered on her face. "Well then, go home safely lovebirds. Please do not kiss while driving. We do not want an accident!"




 

Dahyun swallowed and put on a funny face while Sana just rolled her eyes. They both wished the celebrant a last happy birthday before leaving together.















 

It was awkward. No one bothered to utter one word as they silently walked outside Jihyo's condo, inside the elevator, and towards Dahyun's car. Sana swore she could explode any moment now. She is a loud person. She cannot take silence for so long.

 

When they finally arrived at Dahyun's Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Sana decided to burst the silence.

 

"Hey-

 

Words suddenly left her mouth as she watches Dahyun's face leaning closer to her.

 

Unconsciously, she closed her eyes.

 

Dahyun could only chuckle as she reached for the seatbelt and locked it on Sana. "Seatbelt for safety. Never forget. "

 

Sana's eyes quickly widened, nodding vigorously as she looked away. She scolded herself internally.

 

What the is wrong with me.

 

Had she really expected Dahyun to kiss her? And the way she acted? Did she really just closed her eyes and waited?

 

Sana was growing red again, feeling very embarrassed. She was thankful Dahyun did not question her.

 

The drive was going smoothly. There was no traffic, and the car was filled with music Sana enjoys. No one dared to start a conversation so the music made the tension in the air lighter.

 

Sana thought she was at the right time and at the right place to talk to Dahyun. Things should be the way it was before.

 

"Hey Dahyun. "

 

Dahyun hummed, sparing a glance at Sana with a small smile.

 

"I'm sorry. "

 

"Sorry?" Dahyun was confused. "What are you sorry for?"

 

"For making you avoid me. " Sana's voice gradually becomes lower. "Please let's go back to the way we were."

 

She could see the younger sigh, her grip on the steering wheel tightening evidently.

 

"I miss you. " Sana added, almost a whisper, but Dahyun heard it clearly.

 

"And I miss you too. "

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes. "

 

"You definitely did not look like it though. "


 

Dahyun gasped, offended. "Ya, how could you say that?"

 

"Weren't you so happy enjoying Irene's presence? " Sana frowned.

 

"Are you jealous?" Dahyun asked, biting her lip to stifle her chuckle.

 

"Me? Jealous? You should hear yourself right now." The older quickly replied, feigning defense. "It's just, didn't we have a deal that we should be the first ones to know when one of us starts to date-

 

"I wasn't dating her, Sana. " Dahyun stated, smiling.

 

"Oh, okay. "

 

And then they were awkwardly silent again. Sana was trying to think of a topic that would interest them both in a conversation.

 

"I think it's a good thing. " Dahyun suddenly spoke out of the blue.

 

"What is?"

 

"The whole avoidance thingy. " Dahyun held her gaze. "It made us learn new things about each other. And perhaps some realizations that are meant to be addressed. "

 

"Learn new things? What did you learn?"

 

"That Minatozaki Sana is a damn bottom. " Dahyun giggled lightly, smiling as she spared another glance to Sana.

 

Sana could only focus herself on the window as she felt her face grew hotter once more. She had blushed countless times for the day, and most of it was because of Dahyun.

 

If embarrassment would be a person, it'd be her.

 

"Shut up. " Sana groaned. "You just happened to be.." she quickly stopped herself from uttering stupid that may boost the ego of the other.

 

"Happened to be what, Sana-chan?" Dahyun teased.

 

Sana bit her cheeks to stop herself from smiling. Dahyun's called her Sana-chan again. It had been so long since she heard Dahyun called her that. Truly, she missed it.

 

"Nothing. " A great kisser.....and a ing dominant, surprisingly.

 

"Have you been dating anyone?" Dahyun asks nonchalantly, changing the topic almost instantly. Sana furrowed her brows.

 

"Why?"

 

"I'd set you up on a blind date. " Dahyun winked.

 

"I literally just called it quits with Miyeon two weeks ago. "

 

"You're giving up on finding your soulmate?"


 

Mina's words rang on Sana's mind.



 

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, your so-called 'soulmate' you've been trying to find ever since has been by your side the entire time?




 

 

Sana thought about looking at Dahyun in a different way. The girl had always been precious to her. The moment Dahyun punched Sana's bully back when they were ten, she knew she'd cherish the girl a lot. That was the start of their friendship.


 

She would never admit to herself but she is aware there were times where Dahyun would make her heart beat faster, something one should not feel for only a friend. Dahyun had always been her knight in shining armor. Her crying shoulder. Her shining light.

 

At the end of the day, she'd end up in Dahyun's arms.

 

"Sana?" Dahyun calls, noticing how the older was staring in nothingness.

 

"I don't think I have to find her anymore. " Sana hesitantly said, her cinnamon-brown eyes meeting Dahyun's sharp ones.


 

are you sure you don't like Dahyun more than friends? Or perhaps you know and you just chose to refuse on acknowledging the feeling and be in denial?



 

 

. Do I have a crush on Dahyun? Sana thought, swallowing in fear.



 

"What do you mean by that?" Dahyun asked, hoping for an elaboration.

 

"Nothing, Dahyun. "


 

 

"Then please let me set you up on this blind date. "

 

Sana frowned, her insides twisting. Just when she was coming to the realization that maybe she does indeed like her bestfriend, Dahyun was being adamant about pushing her to someone else.


She felt a slight pang in her chest but decided to heed no attention to it.


 

Ugh Mina. Look at your talks ing my brain. Sana thought and killed Mina inside her head.

 

"Why are you being so persistent on this?" Sana asked, trying to mask her annoyance with a light kidding tone.

 

"Because it'll be worth it. "

 

"How are you so sure?"

 

"She's amazing. I'm sure you'll love her. "

 

"Then date her instead. Why do you have to-

 

"I can't date her. "

 

"Why?"

 

Sana watched Dahyun look at her with a firm gaze. "Because she likes you, Sana-chan. "

 

And there were Dahyun's indescribable deep eyes again. The ones Sana could not decipher.

 

She looked away and just rolled her eyes. "Fine. "

 

"Fine?"

 

"Yes. But if this doesn't work out, I'm never agreeing on your blind date setups again. "


 

 

"Got it maam. " Dahyun did a soldier's salute and smiled cheekily. "You wouldn't regret it. She's pretty great. "

 

"Yeah hopefully. "





 


 

When they finally arrived at Sana's apartment, Dahyun kissed the latter's cheek goodbye, that Sana had to quickly dash away.



 

She didn't want Dahyun to see her blushing face AGAIN.





 

~






 

Sana was checking herself in front of the mirror. She was wearing a simple striped sleeveless Golgi, partnered with navy blue jeans.

 

It was a Saturday, and Sana has a blind date to attend, arranged by her very own best friend. Dahyun texted her the details of the cafe shop where she and the mysterious woman Dahyun was pushing for her would meet.

 

She took one last glance to herself and arranged her hair that's been sticking out. Finally satisfied, Sana left her apartment and proceeded on driving to the cafe shop.

 

"This better be not a waste of time. " She muttered under her breath.

 

When Sana arrived, she was quickly greeted by a staff who lead her to a reserved table. Sana looked around and saw only a couple of people. The cafe shop looks homey but expensive, and she was indeed right when she decided to check the menu readied on the table. The prices almost made her bawl her eyes out.

 

Bored, Sana had to fish out her phone and play some random pet games she enjoys. She looked at her watch and frowned.

 

The agreement was by three pm sharp. It's already three-fifteen, and her date was still nowhere to be found. Sana hates people who do not abide by the time.

 

She then decided to dial Dahyun's number, but the younger's phone was out of reach.

 

She groaned, her patience thinning. She did not just dolled up for nothing! She was pissed.

 

"Ugh this is-

 

A light tap on her shoulder.

 

Sana sighed in relief, figuring the person behind her must finally be her date.

 

Forcing a smile, Sana slowly turned around, only to be greeted by surprise. Her face fell and she suddenly felt anxious.




 

"Dahyun? What are you-




 

"I am your date. " Dahyun smiled nervously, scratching the nape of her neck embarrassingly.


 

Sana's mouth gaped, and she felt herself having tachycardia, butterflies floating on her stomach, mind going haywire.

 

Dahyun was standing in front of her, looking sinfully attractive in a plain white shirt and denim jacket and jeans. The younger was also holding a bouquet of red roses.

 

"Here. " Dahyun extended the bouquet to her, and Sana hesitantly accepted, not knowing what to do. "I'm really sorry for being late. The route I headed for had heavy traffic. "

 

What in the world is she up to? Sana asked herself.

 

Dahyun sat across her and held her gaze awkwardly. "Listen, I know this looks weird but..I promise you a good time. "

 

Sana just nodded timidly. "Is this a friendly date or?"

 

"Not a friendly date. " Dahyun chuckles. "I mean, well, I want this to be a romantic one, I suppose. You know, not like platonic romantic but romantic romantic. "

 

"Oh. " was all Sana's mouth could mutter. She was still in shock, and she could feel the heat creeping up her cheeks in every second that passed.

 

"Shall we order?" Dahyun asked.

 

"Sure."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So, " Sana started, swallowing her chocolate cake before continuing. "You basically set me up in a date with yourself?"

 

It was Dahyun's turn to grow red. "Well, that did not sound so good, but I suppose I did. "

 

"You should've just asked me. " Sana laughs lightly, and Dahyun felt the weight on her shoulders gone.

 

It didn't seem like a big thing to Sana. That was a good thing, right? She thought.

 

"I don't know...maybe I wanted to surprise you. "

 

"Then congratulations, Ms. Kim. I am very surprised. "

 

The two both shared a laugh, until Dahyun noticed a smudge of chocolate just above the side of Sana's lips.


 

"Ya, why are you staring? Do you want to taste this?" Sana asked curiously, extending her fork with a piece of chocolate cake to Dahyun.

 

"Yes, I do. " but Dahyun ignored her hand and leaned closer to her instead.

 

The younger held her hand to Sana's face and brushed the chocolate smudge using her thumb in a gentle swipe.



 

Sana almost fainted when she saw Dahyun her thumb, tasting the chocolate that was gotten from her face.


 

"You're right. It's delicious. " Dahyun casually commented, smiling cheekily, successfully masking the gay panic rising inside her. Deep down, she wanted the ground to swallow her completely.

 

WHAT THE DID I JUST DO OH MY GOD

 

Sana could only nod, malfunctioning. She cannot believe Dahyun was this flirty and charming. Wasn't Sana the one dubbed as the flirtiest among all? She may just have to pass the crown on the latter.

 

And you've been missing this for your whole damn life, you coward . Her mind said, that she had to shook her head.












 

After eating, Dahyun drove them to the amusement park.

 

Sana's eyes lit up seeing the joyful atmosphere. It has been too long since she last went into an amusement park because of the busy uni life. The sight of kids cheerfully running around, goofy mascots dancing, and tons of rides and games made her feel happy. She was smiling like a little child, not noticing how Dahyun was staring at her adoringly.

 

"You missed this, no?"

 

"Very. " Sana squealed.

 

"Let's go then. " Dahyun smiled, intertwining their hands before walking. She couldn't even spare a glance at the older after doing so. The courage she was showing off was incredibly insane.

 

Dahyun knew she'd always been a good flirt, although she's aware she doesn't look so, but she had never been this flirtiest to any other girls but Sana.


 

Sana, on the other hand, grew redder in an instant. Her hands on Dahyun's somehow perfectly fits. It made her heart feel warm.

 

Back then, this simple gesture initiated by her would most definitely be avoided by Dahyun. Seeing Dahyun making a move and initiating skinship with her was a surprise. Nevertheless, she enjoyed it. She tried to heed no attention to her racing heart as she stares at their intertwined hands.

 

"It's a necessity to hold my hand?" She teased in a light tone, not wanting to make the latter nervous and break away.

 

"I don't want you to get lost, is all. " The younger cooly replied. "Besides, it looked heavy. I just simply did you a favor and held it for you. " she winked.

 

Smooth motherer. Sana thought.

 

"You are so corny. "

 

"And you are so beautiful. " Dahyun retorted, and Sana was caught off guard. The younger chuckled when she noticed how Sana flushed.

 

"Let's ride that!" Sana diverts the attention, pointing out at a hundred and fifty feet looking tower dropping instantaneously. The passengers' screams were so loud that they can get the attention of every person.

 

Dahyun gulped, "How about that?"

 

She pointed out at a two-story grand carousel.

 

Sana bursted out laughing. "Dahyun, are you being serious now?"

 

"I am!" Dahyun persisted. "We could be romantic, you know. I could ride the horse on the left, you could ride the one on the right, and we could hold hands. "

 

"Oh my god I can't believe you. " she continues laughing.

 

"I'm being totally serious, jagiya. "

 

Sana froze upon hearing the endearment. Dahyun put a small smirk when she saw the effect on the latter.

 

"What do you say now?" Dahyun looked at her, eyes rounding as she pleads.

 

"Then ride your carousel, and I ride on the tower. "

 

"Ah you wouldn't give up, would you. "

 

Sana smiled teasingly. "Nope. "

 

"Fine!" Dahyun groaned. "But no more scary height rides after that. "

 

"Alrighty. "

 

 

 

 

"Oh my god Sana can I just back out I'm changing my mind I want the–

 

"Dahyun, it's going to be fine. Here, hold my hand. " The older extended her hand, and Dahyun quickly gripped it.

 

Dahyun was scolding herself mentally. She couldn't believe she just agreed to ride the freaking tall tower that drops, just for Sana. She will battle her fear for heights, for sana. And if she dies because of this, it will be FOR SANA.

 

"I hate being a simp. " She muttered under her breath, closing her eyes as she can feel her feet finally levitating from the ground.

 

The tower was slowly going up.

 

"What?" Sana asked, not quite hearing what the younger had said.

 

But Dahyun was concentrating, calming herself. When the tower stopped, she reckoned they were finally at the peak. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked at Sana and gripped her hand tighter. "Sana, if I'm going to die, just know that I–ING HELL LORD JESUS PLEASE!!!"

 

The tower dropped.

 

The younger was screaming in horror, while Sana was squealing happily. Seeing their contrasting nature was a fascinating sight to see.










 

Sana extended a bottle of water to Dahyun who was currently sitting on a bench, eyes red, wiping . The girl just vomited and Sana couldn't help but feel guilty.

 

"You're so stupid. " Sana crossed her arms, looking concerned. "I told you, you should've just ridden the carousel. "

 

Dahyun drank the bottle of water in one gulp before smiling. "I couldn't let you die alone!"

 

"Dahyun we wouldn't die–

 

"I almost did!" 

 

Sana rolled her eyes. "Let's settle with the stall games for the meantime. You are a baby, apparently. "

 

Dahyun pouted. "Am not!"

 

"You definitely look like one right now. " Sana amusingly teased, looking at the sulking Dahyun.

 

"Your baby?" Dahyun recovers, smirking.

 

Sana would flush, but she's not one to back down. Finally growing comfortable with all of Dahyun's flirtings, Sana decided to show Dahyun that two can play that game.


 

She isn't Minatozaki Sana for no reason.


 

"Yes. My baby. " She bit her lip teasingly before winking.

 

It was her time to smirk when she saw Dahyun froze in her seat and blush. Just the reaction she was hoping for.

 

The two ended up enjoying themselves with the stall games, as Sana had insisted. Dahyun was apparently a master in stall games. Every game they tried had Sana another stuffed toy to go home with. She was just so good at playing games.

 

After playing in about seven to eight stalls, with Sana having tons of stuffed toys in her hands, she convinced the younger to resume riding rides.

 

'"Bumper Cars!" Sana points, squealing in delight.

 

"And now I'm the baby, huh?"

 

"Yes. My baby, right?" Sana's doe eyes melted Dahyun's heart.

 

"I am, I am. " She smiles lightly, playfully rolling her eyes.

 

She extended her jacket to Sana when she noticed how the older shivered when a gust of wind blew.

 

"What?"

 

"Wear it. "

 

"Why?"

 

"Because it's cold?" Dahyun sighed. "No more questions, Sana. Just wear it. "

 

"No more jagiya?" Sana fake pouted, obviously teasing the younger.

 

"Okay then, jagiya. " Dahyun emphasized the last word. She grabbed the jacket from Sana and proceeded on wearing it to her, assisting her from doing so. "You look really beautiful in that sleeveless shirt, but it's too cold and you might get sick. "

 

Dahyun walked aside Sana and intertwined their hands. She leaned closer towards the other's ear, "I've been seeing the way men ogle at you and it's disturbing the out of me. I don't like the way they stare at my girl. " Dahyun whispered lowly.

 

Sana didn't even noticed that she was holding her breath.

 

Just what are you doing to me, Dahyun. She swallowed.

 

 







 

After riding some of the other child-friendly rides, since Dahyun does not do well with heights, the two sat on the bench and watch the people around them as they eat their corndogs and sprite.

 

"I had fun, Dahyun. Thank you. " Sana commented, and Dahyun's heart swelled at the sight of Sana's puffed cheeks and cute smile. It was an endearing sight. Sana looked like a squirrel and Dahyun found it adorable.

 

"I'm glad you did. " Dahyun smiles back. "But fun's not over just yet. "

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Ferris Wheel. "

 

"Ferris Wheel?"

 

"Yes. Let's take a ride after eating. "

 

"I'll be more than happy!"










 

"You're fascinating, you know?" Sana mused, looking at Dahyun who seems calm as the Ferris wheel starts to gradually rise.

 

"How so?"

 

"If you're afraid of heights, then aren't you supposed to be afraid of this as well?"

 

"Well, it's not scary. Ferris Wheels are gentle, and the view from above is mesmerizing. " Dahyun replied, a boyish grin on her face.

 

And then there was silence.

 

Dahyun swallowed, thinking she's currently just at the right time and place to confess her feelings she's been hiding for so long. The Ferris wheel is silent, the atmosphere is calm, and she is alone with Sana.

 

She also reckoned it would be too awkward if she gets rejected. She would have to wait for the ride to stop and prevent herself from crying or showing misery.

 

But what if she couldn't help herself and she tear up? What if Sana was really just being kind to her and she only looks at her as a friend? What if she–

 

"Hey Dahyun. " Sana snapped, and Dahyun jumped from her seat lightly. She scratched her nape embarrassingly when she sees Sana looking concerned at her.

 

"What are you thinking? Are there–




 

 

"I like you. " Dahyun blurted out, gulping. "A lot, actually. "



 

"And I like you too. " Sana replied, almost like a whisper.

Dahyun had to shook her head, blinking profusely. "Sana, what I meant is, I like like you. Not platonically. , I think I'm in love with you. "

 

Sana suddenly felt her ragged breathing. Racing heart. Butterflies in Stomach. And the craving to have Dahyun's luscious lips on hers.

 

"You're--you're in love with me?"

 

Dahyun just looked at the sky by the window and nodded. "I've always had feelings for you ever since we met. It started as a puppy love, turned into a teeny crush, and I expected it to disappear but it...didn't. It intensified. When I saw you dating other people happily, I figured I should just keep it to myself. Which is why I tried to get rid of it, that I dated and slept with lots of other people as well. " Dahyun paused and took a glance at Sana who was listening to every single word she utters. "Listen, I don't want you to force yourself to reciprocate the feelings to me if you really don't feel it. It's just..these feelings have been suffocating me and I had to let it out. I also realized that maybe getting rejected would help me be free–



 

Dahyun froze on her spot when she felt Sana's lips on hers. The woman has her hands on Dahyun's neck, pulling her closely towards her.


 

Sana almost felt embarrassed when she realized the latter wasn't kissing back. About to pull away, she was glad when she felt Dahyun's lips gradually moving along hers. It made her feel just how much she's been craving Dahyun's lips ever since they kissed. It gave her the warm and fuzzy feeling she's never felt for anyone.


 

Their intense liplock came to a stop when Sana's phone buzzed. Embarrassed, the two quickly pulled away and fixed themselves. Looking away in the meantime to hide each other's red faces.


 

"Jagiya, look!" Dahyun called Sana's attention.

 

There were beautiful fireworks in the sky. Just the perfect metaphor to explain Sana's insides currently.

 

"What a perfect view. " She utters in amazement.

 

"No. "

 

"Huh?" Sana was offended by the sight itself. She looked at Dahyun with arched brows.

 

Dahyun slowly looked at her then smiled. "Now it's perfect. "

 

Sana just had to slap her arms playfully, not knowing what to say. Dahyun was such a smooth motherer and she hated the way that it makes her a tomato. She loves it.



 

"Mina was right then. "


 

"About?"

 

"I like you too, Dahyun. " She cheerfully said. "I like like you. Not platonically. " she repeated Dahyun's words.

 

"You do?" Dahyun could feel her heart coming out of her chest. She was so happy she could kiss the girl again and render her breathless.

 

"Yes. " Sana nodded. "I think I've always had these feelings...but I refused to acknowledge it. If I let them take over and have myself admit it to you, I might lose you. And I was scared. I do not want to–

 

"You'll never lose me, okay?" Dahyun smoothly put her arms around the older's shoulder, pulling her closer. Sana leaned on Dahyun.

 

"Good. " Sana could only reply with the biggest grin on her face. "Can I ask you one thing?"

 

"What's my secret on being a good kisser?"

 

"No, you arrogant !" Sana playfully slapped Dahyun's hip. She wouldn't admit to Dahyun how good of a kisser she is. The tofu's ego would boost. "Why were you so allergic to my skinship back then? If you like me, shouldn't you be happy?"

 

"Your skinship just made it harder for me, Sana. " Dahyun explained, chuckling. "When you hug me, I will not be able to think properly for the rest of the day. I would just come to the realization of how badly I want to hug you all day long. And your kisses..god your kisses. It would make me feel guilty. "


 

"Why?"


 

"Because jagiya, I would come to think of how good would it be to kiss you on your lips. See I sound like a ert now. " Dahyun groaned embarrassingly. "That said, avoiding the feelings would be harder for me. "

 

"Well, that's not a problem now. " Sana mumbled before intertwining her hand to Dahyun's. She stared at it lovingly. "You could hug and kiss me whenever you want to. "

 

"Really?"

 

"No. " Sana deadpanned. She looked at Dahyun's eyes with a glint of tease. "Court me first. "

 

"Most certainly I will. "

 

 

 

"Good. "



 

Dahyun suddenly bursted out laughing. "It's funny don't you think?"

 

"What is?"

 

"How we've come at this point. "

 

Sana nodded, joining the laughter. "Who knows we'd end up like this after a one-time thing. "

 

"Surely it's not a one-time thing now. " Dahyun winked, and Sana just blushed and rolled her eyes.













 



 

Love isn't really supposed to be searched.




 

It's the one that searches us.


















 

And sometimes, if we just open our eyes and admit it to ourselves, maybe it's been with us the entire time.