Do I have a problem if I kiss my ex?

Do I have a problem if I kiss my ex?

Jongdae walks inside the club with his chin held high, eyes searching the large place for the one person he doesn’t wish to see. Yet, his gaze falls on him, hidden away in a corner with a few of his pals, sporting a glass of whiskey, his favorite drink. Yes, Jongdae still remembers his ex’s favorite drink. Is that wrong?

 

It definitely is, especially if you weren’t the one to break up from your own will. But what could Jongdae do? Cry and tell him how much he loved him just to fall into a relationship routine that would just send him spiraling towards hate?

 

No, Jongdae took it like a man and that’s why he’s where he is right now. He tears his gaze away from Minseok and looks to the bar, spotting his best friend there. He lifts a corner of his lips and stalk away from the entrance, pushing around and through the mass of bodies almost everywhere. 

 

“Hey, buddy, how is it going?”

 

Laughing, Jongdae returns the high-five and leans on the bar next to Chanyeol. “Got ed again!” he complains, accepting the glass the taller hands him, downing it in one go.

 

“No way!”Chanyeol giggles, shaking his head. “He’s pretty possessive, huh?”

 

“Minseok was always possessive, it didn’t change,” Jongdae rolls his eyes and pushes the glass back to the bartender when the woman comes back with a new one. “Though I would appreciate at least a last before the break-up, I guess this was alright too.”

 

“Let me get this straight, then,” Chanyeol raises one eyebrow and throws his head back as he downs another of the probably many shots of the night, “You got ed seven times by him since you broke up? Man, he’s not letting you go anytime soon,”

 

Jongdae rolls his eyes again and lets his gaze wander while he throws in his own opinion. “Believe me, he already did. He’s just making sure no one else is getting me,”

 

“Like I said,” Chanyeol shrugs, “possessive.”

 

Yes, Minseok was possessive. When still in a relationship, Jongdae liked it because when somebody tried making a move on him, it would bring out his possessive side and lead to really hot, really satisfying . Now, it meant getting ed by his ex.

 

“Are you here just to get drunk or to actually dance and try to get somebody to bone you?” Jongdae asks when Chanyeol downs another shot. “Don’t know, man. Kyungsoo isn’t in town and I would really appreciate some , but he gives the best ones. So, probably to get drunk?” the taller giggles and Jongdae rolls his eyes again, fearing they might get stuck at the back of his head if he rolls them again, which he totally is gonna do tonight.

 

“Well, if you do get drunk and will require me getting you to your place, please, don’t get anything on my pants again,” Jongdae raises one eyebrow and gives Chanyeol a meaningful look.

 

“That was one time!”

 

“Whatever,” the smaller laughs, “I just saw a ing meal, I’m gonna dance and try to get him to notice me. That better be huge and in me by the next hour,”

 

Chanyeol shows him a thumbs up and Jongdae downs his glass, setting it on the bar bottom up, before stalking into the crowd.

 

Jongdae loves clubs. He loves the flashing lights, loves the pumped-up atmosphere and the lust hovering in the air, the careless flirting. He knows most people are already drunk by the time they go to the dance floor, but who cares? If they’re attractive and can take care of their partner, Jongdae doesn’t mind if they’re a bit drunk. 

 

He knows how to dress to attract attention, knows how to move to seduce, and knows what to say. The only time it didn’t work out was with Minseok, but that was just because he was too stunned by the very obvious but subtle flirting and seducing skills of the older man. Now, Jongdae is being careful to never let anything show.

 

By the time the hands of his intended catch fall on his hips, Jongdae almost gives up because his eyes land on Minseok once again, noting the way the man’s watching him.

Jongdae smirks and throws his head back, slowly grinding back into the unknown hips behind him. Keeping his eyes half-lidded and locked on his ex, Jongdae raises his arms over his head and secures them around the neck of his dance partner. 

 

This man is very likely really skilled in the art of seduction because only after a few minutes with his hands on his body, Jongdae is already melting under his touch. His eyes are more closed now, Jongdae can’t even see Minseok anymore, and that’s exactly what he wants.

 

His breath hitches when the man’s large palm slides down to squeeze at his , breath fanning over his ear, “Wait for me, sweetheart, I’ll be back,” and the man is gone. 

 

Jongdae bites back a whine and straightens up, tongue coming out to wet his lips as he makes his way back to the bar. Chanyeol is already grinning at him even before he can settle back into his place. “That pretty much looked like you had right there,” the taller exclaims, his sentence surprisingly still making sense considering the amount of shots he has had.

 

“It felt like so, too,” Jongdae sighs and a pout settles on his lips, “ But he went away,”

 

“Shouldn’t you wait for him to come back if it felt like ?”

 

“He can come find me, I’m not the one to stand in one place for long,” Jongdae waves his hand and steals the next shot pushed in Chanyeol’s direction. Sure, the man was a great catch, but if he went away from Jongdae willingly, he’s gonna be distracted enough to take good care of Jongdae. Though, he still wants his even if he has to be the one to work for it.

 

When Jongdae turns his head back towards the dance floor, his eyebrows immediately furrow over his eyes.

 

“Was that Minseok walking away from your catch or am I already drunk that I can’t see?”

 

Jongdae huffs and turns back, because that was Minseok walking away from his catch. And he has ed him again, because once Minseo gets too close to any of Jongdae’s catches on club nights, he gives them enough money to stay away from him.

 

“Possessive bastard,” Jongdae grumbles, downing another drink before placing a hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder. “I’m going. Are you sober enough to get back to your place safely or do you wanna stay at mine?

 

“Yours,” Chanyeol whines, “I’m not sure but I feel like I had enough shots to be properly drunk but as I’m still sitting, I’m not sure I’m not gonna end up on the floor.”

 

“Fine,” Jongdae chuckles. He watches as Chanyeol attempts to get up, and once he succeeds, he leads him out and away from the club.

 

Minseok.


 

〰〰〰〰〰

 

“I can’t ing believe him!”

 

Jongdae aggressively throws his bag away and saunters into Chanyeol’s living room four days later. 

 

Chanyeol makes a noise and his head appears over the backrest of the couch, hair sticking in every direction, eyes mostly closed.

 

“Hello, Jongdae, I suppose you’re talking about Minseok,” Kyungsoo says from the kitchen, head turned towards the living room while he stirs something on a frying pan. 

 

“Don’t say that er’s name,” Jongdae growls, flopping on the couch beside Chanyeol face down, yelling into the cushion. 

 

“Did he you again?” Chanyeol asks, hands rubbing at his eyes while he sits up to give Jongdae some space. “Mothering yes,” Jongdae grumbles, “Where does he even get the money to pay everyone off?”

 

“He’s a lawyer, Jongdae. He has a job that allows him to spend his money on anything,” Kyungsoo quirks an eyebrow at the oldest in the room when he sits up too. “I know!” Jongdae whines, “But does he have to show it so often?”

 

“He’s possessive,” Chanyeol mutters, burrowing deeper into his hoodie.

 

“That,” Kyungsoo nods and points the wooden spoon at Chanyeol for a split second before he returns to the frying pan, “And he wants to show you the power he still holds over you,”

 

“Possessive bastard,” Jongdae exclaims, crossing his arms over his chest. “He was the one to break up with me, and he wants to show how mothering possessive over me he is? Pitiable.”

 

“You were together for four years, hyung,” Kyungsoo says.

 

“Doesn’t change anything on the fact that he’s a possessive bastard.”

 

“Why don’t you just, one more time, and go separate ways then?” Chanyeol raises one eyebrow as he moves to get the controller and turn the TV on. 

 

“He broke up with me saying he doesn’t ever want anything else with me,”

 

“You walked away first-”

 

“Was I supposed to stand there and gape at him as he-”
 

“Why don’t you make an effort to talk to him about this?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

“I am making enough effort by agreeing to be in the same room tomorrow for the happy get-together after Junmyeon got back from the long- vacation with Yixing,” Jongdae huffs out, accepting the plate Kyungsoo hands him. 

 

“Oh, that was a long- vacation. How long have they been away?” Chanyeol asks, scooting more to the center of the couch to make space for Kyungsoo. “Almost a year,” Kyungsoo answers, picking at the meat on his plate.

 

“See? Junmyeon and Yixing will ask questions about us, and one of us will have to break it to them that we broke up, and if I don’t go mad with him talking about it, I’m already making an effort,” Jongdae points his fork at the youngest, throwing accusing eyes at Chanyeol when he uses his fork to lower his own.

 

“Eww, Chanyeol, you just had that in your mouth and now your saliva’s on my fork and I have to eat with it,”



 

〰〰〰〰〰


 

Jongdae gets there first. 

 

When he walks inside Junmyeon’s kitchen, there’s still no Minseok in sight, so he heaves out a relieved sigh that goes unnoticed by Junmyeon and Yixing. Kyungsoo waves at him from where he’s helping in the kitchen and Jongdae raises his right hand in which he’s holding a bottle of wine.

 

“Oh good! That one is really good!” Yixing exclaims from the kitchen and smiles, showing deep dimples in both of his cheeks. Jongdae chuckles and places it on the table, leaning on the kitchen wall to watch what’s gonna be to dinner this time. “Are you doing fried chicken?”

 

“Mhm, and fried cheese. Plus some garnish to go with it. Something simple to eat,” Kyungsoo confirms, smiling at Jongdae. “That’s good. I’ll help set the table!” Jongdae grins and takes the plates, hopping to the table to help Junmyeon.

 

He’s invested in a conversation with Junmyeon when the bell rings. The only people missing are Chanyeol and Minseok, so it would be either one or the other or both. Jongdae hopes it’s just Chanyeol for now, but even if it was Minseok or both of them, he can’t let it show. Not now, not before dinner. 

 

“I’m coming!”Yixing shrieks, already on his way to the hallway. Jongdae throws a quick glance towards his back before he goes back to setting the table. He puts down the last plate and straightens up when he hears Yixing again.

 

“Oh, welcome! Come in, you two! We’re almost finished!”

 

Jongdae sighs because that definitely means the last two are here.

 

“Hello!” Chanyeol beams once he steps inside the dining room, skipping over to latch onto Junmyeon. Jongdae quickly puts on a smile he hopes doesn’t look forced and turns his head towards the last person standing in the entrance.

“Hey, Dae,”

 

“Hi, Min.”

 

Nothing extra happens. Once dinner is served, Minseok sits down onto the only free chair besides Jongdae, making sure to keep distance between their legs to not accidentally touch Jongdae. 

 

“So, what is up with you two?”

 

Jongdae is glad he wasn’t drinking, stopping the movement of bringing the glass of wine to his lips midway while Minseok stops from picking up a piece of the chicken. “What do you mean?” Jongdae asks, lowering his hand to rest the glass back on the table. He raises an eyebrow at Yixing who’s gazing between them two.

 

“You two aren’t the same as you were when we went away. You’re sitting beside each other as you would normally, but you’re so careful not to touch or look at the other for longer than is necessary.”

“Yixing, don’t,” Kyungsoo warns the Chinese man from his place.

 

“No, I kinda wonder about the same thing,” Junmyeon says, pointing his fork at Minseok.

 

Jongdae leans back into the chair and takes the glass again, sipping the wine while he lets Minseok do the talking and explaining. He was the one to initiate the break-up, after all.

 

“We broke up,” Minseok mutters, pushing one piece of chicken around in his plate. 

 

“Why!?”Yixing yelps, widening his eyes as he turns towards Jongdae. Jongdae raises his hands in defeat, careful not to spill the wine. “It wasn’t working,” Minseok shrugs, shifting his weight a little. 

 

Jongdae snorts and turns his head away when Minseok’s gaze turns to him. “Sorry,” he excuses himself, “You said it wasn’t working. I didn’t say anything.”

 

“You agreed to it,”

 

“Sure, if you think that’s what I did, I will let you think so,” Jongdae shrugs, sipping on his wine. 

 

“You and I both know we weren’t working the last few months of our relationship,” Minseok furrows his eyebrows at him. “Because you were jealous even if I did one step in a direction of another man,” Jongdae points out. 

 

“Of course I was jealous, I’ve always been,”

 

“You started getting jealous over Baekhyun!”

 

“Baehyun was testing his boundaries!”

 

“No, he was not! You were just jealous because I had more male colleagues that were finding me attractive!”

 

“Was I not supposed to get jealous when my boyfriend flirts with other men!?”

 

“Okay, I’ve had enough!” Jongdae says as he sets the glass down, getting up from his chair. “I’m really sorry for ruining the dinner. It was delicious as always, I just hope I could’ve enjoyed it more. I’ll get going,”

 

“I’ll give you a ride,”

 

“No, you will not, Minseok,” Jongdae says, voice hardened by the anger bubbling inside of him. He turns on his heel, ready to step away from the table when Minseok’s cold hand catches his wrist. 

 

He looks down before meeting Minseok’s gaze. “I said, I’ll give you a ride,”

 

Jongdae stares right into Minseok’s eyes, unblinking, before he gulps and nods. Minseok releases his wrist and Jongdae goes ahead to take his things from the hallway. Minseok soon follows him and they both step out of the apartment, the older one closing the door behind them. 

 

Not even a dozen steps into the hallway, Jongdae gets caught and pushed against the wall. He gapes at Minseok as the older man takes his wrists and holds them over his head, effectively trapping Jongdae against the wall. “Don’t you ever say I didn’t have the right to get jealous,” Minseok hisses.

 

“You did not,” Jongdae hisses back, closing his palms in fists over his head and pushing against Minseok’s hands. 

 

“I did when you were flirting with other men while in a relationship with me,” Minseok gets closer to Jongdae’s face, his feline eyes sharp. “I wasn’t flirting with them when I had you,” Jongdae leans in a bit, huffing out an annoyed breath when his nose brushes against Minseok’s.

 

They stop.

 

Minseok does nothing except staring right into Jongdae’s eyes, and the younger stares back. It’s been three months since they broke up and have been this close to each other.

 

Minseok releases his wrists instantly, and Jongdae drops his arms around his neck, pushing closer while Minseok’s hands fall to his hips. Jongdae breaths deeply and forcefully through his nose while pressing his lips to Minseok, responding eagerly to the older’s hungry kisses.

 

“Jongdae,” Minseok huffs when he leans his head down to lap at Jongdae’s neck. “Let me take you home,”

 

“Yes, please.” Jongdae moans out when Minseok just beside his Adam’s apple.

 

“I’m not letting you out of my bed,” Minseok growls, separating himself from Jongdae to pick the younger up and throw him over his shoulder.

 

“I’ll gladly stay in there with you,”