Story of Our Songs

Story of Our Songs

In Vegas, we would drive around town. Chase the lights we’d see. Watch our favorite movies and act out the scenes

So take my hand let’s get lost, within these city lights. I know that it’s been going through your mind.

You got me curious you’re fascinating and I want more. Every time you move, that look, mysterious. Let’s make it serious. Take it any way you like, let’s take a dive. Take the leap I’ll follow you.

Put your hands here, pull me through. Your lips, your hips. There’s no time to wait. Take the thoughts and let it go. Feed my curiosity and show me what you got for me.

Come on, let’s be more than friends.

 

Baby I’m falling head over heels looking for ways to let you know just how I feel. Falling too fast, deeply in love.

Finding the magic in the colors of you. You’re the right time at the right moment. You’re the sunlight that keeps my heart going. I’d give up everything I have just for you.

While we chasing the lights I’m tryna hold back, you oughta know that you’re the one that’s on my mind.  All I need to breathe is you.

Just live it like a fantasy cause she’s a killer in a black dress, doing backward on a mattress.

 

I used to talk to you every second. It felt like high school all over again. It was perfect.  

But life got complicated. So complicated.

The tension’s growing so can we turn it down?

Stupid things were said and mistakes were made.

Don’t tell me all your reasons you keep shouting out. I’m sick and tired of all the constant ups and downs. Cause things aren’t changing and time is wasted.

 

I’m so tired of the back and forth. But I don’t want to become a monster. This ain't a game I’m just saying.

Cause in my mind nothing lasts. Not even the fairytales of you and I.

 

It’s okay I’ll lie and say it’s okay. I’m acting like it’s alright.  

It’s coming to the point where I’m breaking down. Can tell my thoughts have sunk below the surface. I don’t have the strength to fight.

But I still hold on even though this mask is running thin. Where are you? Cause I’m all alone. I need you right now

I could blame it on the time. But it’s too late.

At the end of every bottle, all I see is you. So here I lay so numb. I can’t feel anything. What have I become?  

 

Kiss me tell me all those lies like when you miss me. Tell me pretty lies about your history.

I don’t know what you’re in this for. People try to tell you things but you won’t listen, no. I won’t be the one to tell you things and lie to you.

I’ve been here for days, drinking too much. I just want what’s true.

We started out fine take a look at us now. You leave me no choice and I gotta break out, but I’m trapped.

 

I know it ain’t your fault. I’ve been so wrong. Is it too late for apologies?

Is it wrong to want things like they used to be? Every laugh in our past playing on repeat. I miss your lips, miss your hips when they were close to mine. I guess I miss being on your mind.

But we just still stick at pretending. Like we gave up us at the ending. Is it right thing to mend this?

I can’t see us, but I know I can bet on us. Believe in me, like I do you, I know it’s hard to trust.  

 

Does anybody hear me when I’m talking about a thousand things that’s on my mind? Do people even care about the voice inside?

I’ve tried and tried to be everything that I could. I’m just screaming at the top of my lungs.

I don’t know why but tell me why I never did it for me. I do it for you.

I’m losing it I find my inner self try to stay true to it.

 

I had one expectation that I can’t deny. You learn to love yourself the way you’re perfect in my eyes. But what have you become?

I wish I could heal the wounds to ease your pain and take your mind off all of these distractions.

I’ll be there by your side. Tell me this did I make it better for you?

 

Every day is the same old same. Like I’m locked up and it drives me insane.

I used to call you. But now every night in my bed I’m dreaming that it’s you in my arms I’m holding. Inside my arms in the moment with you.

Right now the time is wrong. I’ve been writing these songs about how I can’t be with you. I can’t get you off my brain.

The songs on the radio Imma keep it playing on and on and on.

 

I’ve been doing thinking lately, really contemplating. And the situation between us two we gotta lot of talking to do.

I avoid our places and sleep in other spaces but nothing changes. I wear my heart underneath my sleeves.

I hope you didn’t forget the last night that we spent. Can you admit that it’s more than just friends?

 

Is it wrong I put my hands upon your body? There ain’t no questioning you know we got a thing.

You know you’re my everything.

Tell me what you want.

 

It’s been a hell of a ride. But we just kept on racing numb to all the memories. Who are we kidding?

The answer to my questions is you. All I want is you and me. Nothing but you can complete. I really love you baby.

I’m still hoping that I’ll call you mine because I was happiest with you. 

Babe, without you, how can I live the rest of my life?

This is where we started from. I’m ready for the ride. Put the car in drive, let’s ride again. So can we go back to Vegas?

 

On this journey I’ll find you. When I find you I’ll adore you. With love so true so you should be my girlfriend, my baby, my lady.

In this beautiful world, beautiful life I didn’t know I would feel so right.

You’re my everything. Cuz your my 1-4-3 is my 4-8-6.