Be Happy

Her Last Wish

Sofia's POV

Today will be just like any other day.... Papa will come back tired from work, Mama will nag him and then it will be the start of another argument that will end up making Mama cry, and Papa going out of the house in the middle of the night to drink...

It wasn't like this before... We were a happy family... We used to bond all the time; we either stay at home and watch some movies or go to the mall and Papa will buy clothes for me and Mama, then Mama will massage Papa after we get home...

However, our happy moments as a family didn't last long than I thought it would...

flashback': a year ago

"How dare you?! How dare you do this to our family?! Yunho?! How dare you?!"

"Jaejoong, how many times do I have to explain to you that it wasn't my fault?! I didn't want to kiss her! She FORCED herself to me! You just came on the wrong time! God dammit, Jaejoong! Just listen to me first!"

"M-Mama... Papa... Please stop fighting..." 

This is the first time that I heard Mama and Papa fight... They never did... I'm so scared... I don't know what to do... All i could do is sit in the corner of the room and watch my mama and papa fight...My mama is crying while punching Papa's chest... Papa was trying hard to avoid Mama's punches... 

I don't know what's happening to them... My 14 year old brain is still confused... why are they fighting? Why is Mama crying? Why is Papa so mad at Mama?

"Sofia! Go up to your room! Now!" I was startled when Papa called me... He never raised his voice at me... I was more scared when I heard my Mama shout at my Papa... 

"Don't you dare raise your voice at MY daughter you cheater!" Then Mama came up to me and held my face... He wiped away my tears and tried his best to smile at me although it looked broken.." B-baby... Please go up to your room okay? Don't come down until Mama says so, okay? Mama loves you remember that.." Then he kissed me on my forehead and urged to go up the stairs...

And that's how our lives changed drastically...

end of flashback

Honestly, I feel something bad is going to happen today... I just hope I'm wrong...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours later

"Sofia dear... Wake up now.... Sweetheart wake up.... It's dinner time.." I woke up from my nap and saw my Mama's beautiful smiling face in front of me... Although I know he hasn't been getting enough sleep ever since he and Papa started fighting, he's still the prettiest mother on the face of the earth for me.

"I'm awake Mama... Where's Papa? Is he here already?" I sat on my bed and Mama started combing my bed hair with a brush.

"Your P-Papa... Is not home yet... So we're eating together Sofy baby..." 

"B-But Mama.... I want us three to eat together again... Please Mama? Please let's wait for Papa?" I showed my puppy dog eyes that I learned from Mama. Right then and there, I know that he can't resist my pout and puppy dog eyes..

"Aisshh... How can I say no to that face? Araso Araso.... We'll wait for your Papa..." 

I smiled at my Mama and as if on cue, we heard the front door opened and then closed. We decided to come down so we, I mean I could greet my Papa.

"Hi Papa! Welcome home!" I greeted cheerily at him and kissed him on his cheek.

"Hey sweety! How's school?" 

"It was great! I got an A on my Science and Math tests!" My dad smiled widely at me and ruffled my hair. 

"Wow!!! That's my girl!"

"Hahahaha! But Papa... Aren't you even going to... greet Mama?" After I said that, my Papa's eye downcasted. It looked as if he didn't want to talk to my Mama.. *sigh*

"O-oh...Of c-course... Hey Jae...." He went over to my Mama and kissed his cheek. 

"Hey... How was work? C'mon you two let's eat before the food gets cold..." 

"It was alright..." After that, no words were exchanged.. We just ate in silence... I hate it when Mama and Papa are like this... They act as if they don't love each other anymore... And it pains me everytime I see them like this..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner, me and my Papa were sitting at the couch watching T.V. while Mama was cleaning the table when the telephone rang...

Mama answered the phone and I saw him looking at my Papa with hate in his eyes... Almost as if he wanted to explode at him right then and there... No please not again...

"Okay.. I'll tell him..." Then Mama hang up the phone and went over to Papa's side...

"It was your LOVELY secretary, Goo Hara..." I saw Papa rolled his eyes at Mama, which angered him more...

"Sweety, please go up to your room and do your homeworks okay?" Said Mama to me and I quickly obeyed knowing that they'll be arguing again and I won't be able to do anything about it...

Jaejoong's POV

"Well Mr. Jung Yunho, your secretary said that you left your wife beater on her TABLE..." I put my hand on my hips and glared at my oh-so-faithful husband.

"Don't use that kind of tone on me, Jaejoong... It's not what you think it is!" I took the remote from his hold and turned the T.V. off.

"And what did you want me to think?! 'Oh...My husband left his wife beater on her table just cause he wanted to...' Yeah right."

"You know what?! Why don't you just get straight to the point?! This is going nowhere!"

"Fine! You want me to get straight to the point?! Sure! The point is, you're fucking cheating on me again! I asked you to fire that Goo Hara before, Yunho! I fuckin asked you when I caught you guys hugging! But what now?! You still didn't?! Why?! Are you sleeping with her huh?!" I couldn't contain my anger anymore.. I need to get this all out of my system before I totally blow up.

"What the hell are you saying?! I'm not CHEATING on you Jaejoong! I'm not fucking sleeping with her! Why can't you trust me huh?! Just cause of that fucking incident a year ago?! And that fucking hug?! I already explained to you about it! She just broke up with her boyfriend and I just comforted her! Why can't you get that into your little brain?! Dammit!" Yunho stood up from his seat and towered over me... But I wasn't going to lose this argument. "And the fucking reason why she has my wife beater is because I spilt coffee onto my polo through my wife beater earlier! I asked her to bring it to the laundry across the street so I could wear it again but I totally forgot about it cause I was busy!"

"Yeah right....Do whatever you want to do! I'm not listening to your fucking lies anymore! Cause you know what, Yunho? I'm DONE! I'm fucking DONE! That was the last string Yunho... You have hurt me enough... You know what, I think... It's best if we just go on our separate ways now... This marriage is not working anymore Yunho... I've tried my best to make it work.. But you keep on messing it up! And now I've had enough... I'm taking Sofia with me and for the meantime, we'll be sleeping to the other house in Busan..." At that moment, I couldn't contain my tears anymore... It was hard... I thought we'll be together for the rest of our lives like we promised to... But I was wrong... really wrong..

"Fine then! If that's what you want! You didn't want to listen to my explanations! You always think I'm lying even when I'm not! If you want us to separate, fine then! But you're NOT taking Sofia with you! She's going to stay with me and that's final!" I glared at him when I heard him say that.

"Don't you dare, Yunho! Don't you fucking dare! I'm taking Sofia with me, whether you like it or not!

Then I stormed to Sofia's room with Yunho following behind me.

I knocked on her door and when she opened it, I grabbed her backpack at the corner and got some clothes out of her closet into the bag. She was confused at first but then it all clicked to her.

"M-Mama... Where are we g-going? M-Mama answer me please!" Then she started crying and I couldn't do anything but hear her cries and begs.

"S-Sweety... You'll be going with Mama to our other house okay? Now go on and help Mama pac-" Then I felt someone yank away the bag that I was holding.

"No Jaejoong! You're not taking her with you! If you want to leave, leave by yourself!"

"Fine! But I'll be back and take Sofia with me, Yunho! I'll come back!" 

And with tears streaming down my face, I said goodbye to my daughter.

"Sofia sweety... Listen to Mama... I'll come back okay? I'll take you next time with me I promise... I'll come back sweety... I love you..." Then I kissed her forhead and cheeks one last time before storming out of her room to the front door.

"N-No! M-Mama!!! Come back!!! D-Don't go! M-Mama!!!!" She kept crying but I can't be by her side anymore... I had to do this... I had to leave Yunho... 

When I got into the car and drove away, I could still see Sofia running after me... And then I heard Yunho's shout.... Something wasn't right...

I parked my car to the side of the streets and ran back to our house.. And that's when I've seen the worst possible thing that could've ever happened...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw my daughter laying on the ground with blood everywhere on the road..."Sofia!!!!!" Then the car that had hit her took off immediately... I could care less with that bastard... The most important thing to me right now is my daughter...

I ran to her side where Yunho was at and lifted her head up.... I started crying as well as Yunho..

"S-Sweety... Open y-your eyes p-please... M-Mama's here.... I'm n-not gonna l-leave anymore... C'mon p-please sweety...j-just open your eyes.... Please...." I couldn't stop myself from crying.. For God's sake, my daughter is in danger! "Yunho.. c-call the a-ambulance! Quick!!!"

"I-I already did.... Sofia baby... Papa's here.... Hold on okay? The Ambulance is on its way..."

Then slowly, Sofia opened her eyes halfway... She smiled at us and tried to touch my and Yunho's face with her pale hands...

"M-Ma-Mama.... P-Pa-Papa.... D-Don't F-Fight anymore.... p-p-please.... for m-m-me?" I quickly nodded my head and Yunho did the same.

"O-Of course baby... Mama and Papa won't fight anymore we promise... Just please hold on okay? And don't talk anymore sweety... Please just relax.. Everything will be okay.." said Yunho...

"T-that's true sweetheart... we promise we'll be happy again... n-no more f-fights..." I touched Sofia's cheeks and they were cold.... Like as if her life is slowly drifting away...

"T-Then...I-I'm h-happy..." She smiled at us and we tried our best to smile back...

"M-Mama... P-Papa.... I-I-I n-need...t-to g-go..... p-please l-love..... e-each o-other....a-again... I-I...Love....you..." And with those last words and last smile, Sofia said goodbye to us....

"N-No!!!! S-Sofia!!!!!!" Just like that, our most precious daughter left....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here I am in Sofia's room laying on her bed... My eyes are swollen from nonstop crying... I miss my daughter...  The one who puts a smile on our faces everyday with her jolly attitude... The one who greets us goodmorning....  The one who never failed to make our bad day a good one....  Is gone...

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice Yunho come inside the room....

"Yeobo?.... You haven't eaten anything all day.... Come on... You gotta eat... Sofia wouldn't be happy if she sees you like this..." With the mere mention of our daughter's name, my tears flowed endlessly down my pale cheeks again...

Yunho sat on the bed beside me and I turned around to hug his waist and cried on his chest....

"Ssshh... Jae..... We won't be able to do anything now.... She's gone...  Let's just wish that she's happy up there... "

"B-but...it was...a-all m-my f-fault....."

"Sssshhhh....Yeobo..i-it's my f-fault too.... I-If we didn't have those nonsense fights.. This wouldn't have ever happened.... So please don't blame yourself.... Let's just move on and accept that she's not with us anymore....." Yunho wiped the tears away from my eyes and pecked my lips. "But I swear to God and to Sofia, I NEVER cheated on you... I love you and our family too much to hurt you.... So please... Just trust me..."

"I-I'm sorry...Y-Yunnie.... I'm sorry... f-for not... t-trusting you.... I'm s-so sorry...." Then I hugged him and I buried my face on the crook of his neck; his shirt was getting wet by my tears.

"Don't worry about it.... It's all in the past.... For now, all we got to do is be happy for Sofia.... She's in God's safe hands now.... No more crying okay? Our dear baby wouldn't want to see us crying..." I nodded at him and we shared a soft, passionate, kiss... 

Then Yunho and I stood up to go close the windows of Sofia's room... But before closing it, I looked at the blue, clear sky above and asked our daughter to guide and support me and Yunho... And as if the heavens above heard me, a soft wind blew past us... We smiled at each other, knowing that Sofia will always be with us no matter what....

 

---------------------------------------------------------

Soooooo? Was it alright? I hope it wasnt so bad though! :D