First Accident

Somewhere in Between

 

[Taeyang]

I sat on the swing outside the house staring at the sky. I wondered if Jen was looking at the same sky as me, wondering if she's thinking of me just like I'm thinking of her.

"HOY!" I heard Jaellie yelled from her window room.

I looked up and released a smile.

"I'll come down, stay there" she said and she started climbing out the window. Just before she landed I held her hand and she jumped down.

We sat next to each other on the swing and I felt her staring at me.

"You miss her don't you?" she started.

"Of course"                                          

"Then why not answer her messages or at least her call?"

"Just not up for it, what time is it there anyways?"

"Well since it's 1 in the morning here, it should be 5 in the afternoon there? I think I'm not sure. All I know is when it's afternoon here its morning there HAHA. I'm dumb when it comes to Math."

"Yeah that should be right. I want her to rest, I'm sure she's tired from you know flying there and settling down must have been really hard since she's alone and stuff"

"Nah she's not alone she met a Korean girl who happens to speak French and stuff so she's not alone there. By the way how was the meeting?"

"It was good actually. They have decided on the date of our debut, 19th August. So that's like in a month or so."

"OH CHINCHA?" she yelled excitedly almost waking up the whole neighborhood.

"You should really call Jen; she will be jumping for joy. It's good to see both of you following your dreams."

"You're right we should be happy"

She nodded her head and her phone started ringing. She looked at me and pointed at her phone. I shook my head and she started making excuses for me. As soon as she hanged up the phone she gave me the "I hate you" look.

"I'm not ready" I said and walked off.

I never knew how much I mistreated Jen when she was still around but now that she's gone it's a bit too late for me to do anything about it.

=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=

[Jen]

"You haven't slept yet?"

"I had at least 2 hours. I guess I just need to adjust with the time and stuff, I'm just not use to sleeping in a room where I know next door is not my best friends." I replied.

"You miss him that much; it's only been like 1 day or something"

"Yeah well I can't help it. I have been in love with him for almost all my life you know. By the way what's on today? You're up so early as well."

"I have my orientation in less than an hour; I don't get how we have to be separated for this orientation crap. But I'll see you after yours. You have at least 2 hours to prepare yourself for the orientation. You'll be fine right?" she asked as she took one look at my eyes.

"Yeah I'll be good. You go on ahead, I'll get ready and you know maybe tour around the school for awhile, you take good care of yourself" I said and she was off the room.

I grabbed my phone straight away hoping for a message from Taeyang but all my hopes died when there was nothing, not even a single call.

{"JAELLIE"

"Wait for a second. I'm gonna get out of the library"
"What's up?"

"He hasn't called at all. Not even a message, have you seen or talked to him? You do live with him"

"Yeah I spoke to him last night. Babe, he's not ready to speak with you yet. I think he's trying to let go so if he talks to you he might not be able to, same goes to you I thought this is a fresh start?"

"It is Ellie but come on; I just want to hear his voice"

"Just to let you know his band is finally debuting 19th August. He was sad because you couldn't be here to see him, but don't worry I'll go and capture every moment of it. I'm happy that RI is happy"

"That's really good news I just wish he would have told me himself. But that's cool; I'll talk to you soon"}

I lay back down to my bed and pictured Taeyang's smiling face. He must be really happy about the whole him debuting, he’s been dreaming of it ever since we were little. His voice is really one of a kind. To be honest and I'm not only saying this because I'm in love with him but his voice is really one of a kind. You can't find a voice the same as his in Korea. He has that American like RnB voice and his dance skills are so "dope". I just wish I was there to watch him debut and bring on a great performance.

After myself thinking I got up and showered. I got myself ready and headed out to tour the dorm. I was a bit lost, I didn't know anything. I didn't even know where the office is... I just kept walking and walking. I arrived at the field, it was really big. It was green everywhere, it was beautiful. There are seats everywhere, tables and some shade for kids to study at.

I was too busy looking around the beautiful field when I fell into a hole. I went straight in, I tried getting out but it was hopeless the more I try to go up the soil keeps falling down my face. Worst comes to worst I left my phone in the room. I was left with no options but to scream.

"HELP! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!" I screamed with all of me. I felt like my vocal chords was gonna collapse just trying to scream. But I didn't stop; I kept going and going...

I was about to lose hope when I saw a guy peaked down me. He was speaking in French, I know he was saying HELLO because that I can understand. He kept going and going but I couldn't understand the other words he was saying so I spoke in English.

"Excuse me can you speak English?"

Then suddenly he burst out laughing. I looked at him confused and he just smiled at me.

"I'm here trying to pull out all the French words I know to communicate with you when you can speak English" he said.

I couldn't help but laugh then I remembered I was inside a hole.

"Can you help me?" I asked.

He reached his hand down and started pulling me out. When I got out my clothes were full of dirt and I had a feeling I was gonna be late for my orientation if I don't change now.

"Thank you but I have to go. I'm gonna be late for my orientation. Thanks again" I said and bowed down.

"Take care clumsy girl" he said and flashed another smile.

I turned around and started running towards my dorm. And that was my first accident in Paris.