The 1st six hours

Is 24 hours enough to fall in love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Falling in love was something that Chaewon never wanted to experience. She disliked watching couples walk past her while holding hands, or when the other would give their jacket to their partner who is feeling cold. Her best friends just think that Chaewon is jealous for not having someone to consider as a lover. Chaewon would always disagree.

“Are you setting me up on a blind date? Why would you set me up on a blind date?” Chaewon argued while her best friends, Yena and Minjoo, could only look away.

“Just think of it as a hang out! Like you’re meeting a new friend!” Yena reasoned out but Chaewon continued to glare at them. It seemed like Chaewon wasn’t satisfied with Yena’s explaination.

“Why would I need another friend? Dealing with you, except you Minjoo, is already a headache and I refuse to give myself more headaches!”

“Trust me she won’t be another headache, although she can be a bit of a brat-” before Yena could finish her own sentence Chaewon was already walking away. “Chae wait! Please just trust me, you’ll like her!” Yena tried convincing Chaewon but that didn’t stop Chaewon from walking away.

Minjoo just continued to watch Yena and Chaewon as they bickered and made sure that they wouldn’t cause a scene.

“Yeah no. I want answers to my questions. Why are you setting me up on a blind date?” Chaewon questioned Yena who was now next to her.

“I mean, isn't it obvious already? You’re always out here envying-”

“I do not envy it, Yena. I despise it.” Chaewon glanced at Yena who only rolled her eyes.

“Okay fine, you’re always out here despising couples who you don’t even know!”

“And how is setting me up on a blind date related?”

“I’m just saying that you should give it a try! If you actually do fall in love then you’ll do anything I tell you to do. If you don’t then I’ll eat mint choco for a year.” Although Yena knew that she would lose, it would still be worth trying.

“Just for a year?”

“For as long as we both live!”

‘Yena is doomed.’

Minjoo thought before giggling.

“Alright you two, let’s go inside McDonalds, people are staring.” Minjoo quickly pushed the two who still weren't done bickering.

=====

As promised Chaewon eventually showed up to where she was going to meet her blind date.

Chaewon wasn’t going to lie, the girl is pretty.

“I’m Kim Chaewon, nice meeting you.” Chaewon smiled.

“You’re prettier than I imagined... I mean I’m Jo Yuri! It’s nice meeting you too!” She bowed before smiling brightly at Chaewon. “Let’s go?” Chaewon nodded as they went inside the fast food chain.

“How did Yena and Minjoo manage to convince you to go on a blind date?” Chaewon asked while taking a bite out of her fries.

“It was only Minjoo who asked me since we’re classmates for this one subject and plus I owe her a favor that’s why I agreed.” Yuri explained. There wasn’t much explaining to do since that was basically the truth. “That easily?” Chaewon was quick to ask another question and Yuri only nodded.

“I mean she helped me pass my classes, it’s the least I can do.” The way Yuri talked about Minjoo was so obvious, her tone, the sigh that escaped her lips when she tal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter