Chapter 6

Seoulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The next day, Donghae was at work trying to remember his dream. He had a vivid recollection of Dara's sweet scent and the warmth of her neck. He even snuggled more because it was so comfortable.

Minyong: Stop daydreaming! No need to rub it in.

Donghae: Rub what in?

Minyong: That you were sleeping with your head on Dara's shoulders

Donghae: (Thinking that what he felt could have been real and not a dream) Wait, how come when I woke up I was leaning against you?

Minyong: I moved you because you were almost squishing her. What made you so tired anyway? You did not even go swimming but you were out as soon as we hit the road.

Donghae: (embarrassed about what happened so he changed the topic) Oh, thanks for reminding me.

Minyong: Of what?

Donghae: That I need to make a call.

Donghae went to the rooftop garden to call his doctor. He has to watch his symptoms and go the ER if it worsens since the earliest appointment he can get is in 2 weeks. He noticed that his symptoms are more frequent and it made him worry that his condition is progressing quicker. It probably would help if he had everything in order. He wondered how he could face Dara next time. Would she think he took advantage of the situation? He really was not aware of it. That feeling though, of being next to her like that....Donghae shook his head. No. He needs to avoid that path, the path that keeps leading him to Dara.

On Wednesday, Dara got a call from In-young that the company would be releasing a statement about the pregnancy that afternoon. She's instructed to decline all interviews or wait until the issue have gone down somewhat. Dara avoided watching TV or going on the internet. She spent time with her mom, Dahee and the kids trying to make up for all the time she's missed because of work. 

Dara's mom: So I got a call today about the news of the pregnancy being out, is it true?

Dara: Eomma, I'm sorry I did not want to bother you with such things

Dara's mom: It's no bother. I'm actually glad it's all over and you got to spend more time with us

Dara: I guess that's a plus

Dahee: Unnie, I don't know if you're interested but the guy claimed full responsibility and asked if the public could leave you and his new family out of it

Dara: Yeah, he did say that

Dahee: This calls for a celebration! Let's invite the guys

Dara: Aren't you inviting them a lot? What if they have other things to do?

Dahee: Believe me, Minyong will not mind and I hope Donghae doesn't too

Dara's mom: I also don't mind. I like that young man Donghae

Dahee: Do you like him enough to be your son, eomma?

Dara: Dahee!!!

Dara's mom: Oh, so I need to know more about him then

Dara: (Walked out to go into the room) You guys are embarrassing

When she got to her room though, she started thinking about what to wear for dinner. Somehow, she felt giddy about seeing Donghae again, and it has not even been more that 24 hours since she last saw him. Dara shook her head, it seems that Dahee was right. She's already infatuated.

The guys arrived shortly after 6 PM. Donghae was so embarrassed about what happened that she couldn't even look at Dara. Dara was disappointed that Donghae seemed to be avoiding her. Dahee was still in a celebratory mood so she asked if the rest of them would like to go to a noraebang next door since it was still early. Dara was so upset about how Donghae was treating her that she decided to just sit and watch Jinoo, Dahee, and Minyong sing and dance like crazy. One time, Dara caught Donghae looking at her. Dara tried to conceal her smile. So he's trying to avoid looking but he couldn't? They left after 2 hours and Donghae looked like he was really tired. Dara asked if he needs to go home and he just nodded. They said their goodbyes then Minyong and Donghae hailed a cab.

Dara seemed happy with that bit of interaction the entire night. Dahee noticed and said she was glad her unnie seemed to always be in a good mood lately. Dara thought about it and agreed. 

That weekend, Dahee was thinking of a way to invite Donghae again. Dara shot it down and said that maybe he's not up to it. Dahee was persistent. True enough Donghae declined and said he was sick. Dahee told their mom and their mom cooked s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter