Chapter 4

Seoulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara looked at how much they were going to bring on this overnight trip. It seemed like they had about half of the apartment packed into the van. 

Dara: Do we really need all this? I mean can't we just buy things there?

Dahee: Unlike you, we need save up as much as we can. It is such a waste to buy things when we already have them.

Dara: But there's not enough room already.

Dara's mom: I'll sit with the kids. Dahee will be with Jinoo in the front...

Dara: And I'll be squeezing between the two guests in the back?

Donghae: I can stay in the middle if you like.

Dara swung around to see Donghae looking like a grade school kid about to go on a field trip. Why does he look so young? 

It makes her want to baby him, "Omo Dara, get a grip" she thought to herself.

Jinoo: Great, you guys are here. Eomma, I've set up the car seats next to each other, are you okay sitting in the jump seat or would you like to sit in the front?

Dara's mom: I'll be okay. I'm used to traveling for long hours.

Jinoo: Well, let's go then.

Donghae: Ladies first

Dara felt shy having to crouch and get into the van with her short shorts. Donghae might get an eyeful of her but Donghae looked away when Dara went up to go in. Dara's mom saw it and appreciated Donghae for being such a gentleman. Minyong offered to sit on the jump seat but Dara's mom said she had to tend to the kids while traveling so she had to be next to them.

Dara noticed Donghae was giving her enough space during the ride. It was either that or he was avoiding their bare legs to touch. They were both wearing shorts and sometimes it just happens. Dara was aware of it each time and she's thinking he might be too. When they had time to stretch, Dara got a small blanket to cover her legs so that Donghae won't make all that effort to avoid it. Donghae noticed and apologized thinking he made her uncomfortable.

Dara: No, you're fine. I just noticed you were trying to give me enough space 

Minyong: Yeah, at my expense

Dara: (Laughing) It's ok, we still have about an hour and a half to go, so please just sit comfortably even if it's really cramped 

Donghae liked that Dara was considerate like that. They got to the place and realized it was a separate villa and not a hotel room.

Dahee: Unnieeee! This is amazing! 

Dara: (Smiling) Glad you like it. 

The guys started unloading their things while Dahee and Dara's mom started preparing for lunch. Dara was with the kids. After unloading the things and getting to the room, Donghae and Minyong went back to the living area and saw Dara with the kids. Donghae felt a twinge of pain knowing that he will never get to see his kids or his sibling's kids. He was looking at Dara intently when Minyong whispered,

Minyong: Who's starstruck now? 

Donghae: (Looking away) I didn't mean to stare, they just looked that they were having a lot of fun (whispering back)

Minyong: Ok if you say so 

Dahee: Are you guys hungry? Lunch will be ready in a short while

Donghae: Is there anything I can do to help?

Dahee: Uhm, you can help set up the table outside. I think Jinoo has already started the grill.

Donghae and Minyong went out to the backyard and helped Jinoo. Dara, this time, was observing Donghae through the glass patio door.

Dara's mom: I like that young man, he has good manners.

Dara: (looked back at her mom, surprised about what she just said) Oh yeah?

Dahee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter