Chapter (12)

My Only Hope (MOH)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hearing what Byeol had said about herself, Baekhyun felt sad. If there's anything he hated the most, it's self-hatred, and unfortunately, that was the path Byeol is trending on.

 

He stared at a blank space, many thoughts related to Byeol kept running through his mind. He wanted to help her regain her confidence back,  but he has no idea how he's going to do that.

 

He was still in deep thought when his assistant knocked at the door and it snapped him off his thoughts. He stared at the door for a few seconds before speaking.

 

"Who's there?"

 

"It's me, Sandra."

 

"Come in." 

 

"Thank you, Sir." The lady opened the door and walked into the office.

 

"Sir, I came to submit the files for last week's financial record."

 

"Why this late? It's unlike you to submit such an important file four days into a new week. You're supposed to submit this every Monday. What happened?"

 

"I'm sorry Sir, but I had a high fever on Monday. It won't happen again, Sir." 

 

"It's fine. Hope you're alright?"

 

"Yes Sir."

 

"That's good. Drop the file and go back to work." The billionaire said before going back to his pending work.

 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

That evening when Baekhyun arrived home, he didn't say much to Byeol. Though he wasn't happy about what she was thinking about, but then, he was also upset with her. Why would she think so low about herself when he's trying all his best to make her feel comfortable.

 

"Welcome back." Byeol rushed over to him with her smiling face. She was about to collect his briefcase as always, but he drifted his hand away from her reach. If he wants her to start seeing herself as somebody and not a maid, then there are certain things he has to put a stop to.

 

"Don't bother. It's not your job to carry my briefcase. You're not a maid nor a servant. You're my friend and you should also see yourself as an important person and not my maid." 

 

He walked further into the living room and headed straight to his room without sitting down for a while like he always does.

 

Byeol was taken aback by his sudden behavior. She said nothing but watched him sadly as he walked away. 

She knew that he was upset because he previously instructed her not to behave like a maid. She bit her bottom lip and went back to the kitchen.

 

She had already prepared dinner, all that was left was to set the table. She set the table and made some fresh orange juice to blend with the fried rice and shrimps she prepared.

 

After making sure everything was ready, she blew out a deep sigh and headed up to her room for her evening bath, but deep down in her heart, she wasn't happy.

 

Knowing that Baekhyun was upset with her made her extremely sad, but she also acknowledged that it was her fault for not listening to him.

 

_______

 

When she arrived at the dining room she glanced at Baekhyun for a while before sitting down. 

 

"I'm so sorry for upsetting you." She said softly, but Baekhyun remained silent. He looked at her before continuing with his food.

 

"Eat your food, else it will get cold." He muttered to her and she nodded softly before eating her food, but she was deeply troubled. 

 

✴I'm so sorry for upsetting you, but I don't even know what it feels like to be normal anymore. I've lived like a maid for many years, I can't act like a normal person even if I wanted to.✴ 

 

Byeol bit her bottom lip as she struggled with tears from falling off her eyes. Her heart was heavy with sadness and Baekhyun felt it all.

 

The billionaire folded his fist in annoyance. He didn't mean to hurt her intentionally. All he wanted was for her to see herself as somebody. He wanted her to develop self-love and nothing more.

 

He watched her struggle with tears and it broke his heart. This wasn't what he wanted. Making her cry is the last thing he would ever think of.

 

After having dinner, Byeol carried the plates to the sink. She washed every single thing before heading back to the living room.

 

She sat far away from Baekhyun who seemed to be busy talking to someone on the phone. She lowered her eyes while waiting for Baekhyun to be through with his phone call.

 

The billionaire wasn't blind of course. He knew that she was waiting for him, and so he ended the call. He stared at his soulmate for a while and he sighed.

 

"Come over here, Byeol," Baekhyun said in a calm voice.

 

Byeol hurriedly got up and looked at him and their eyes met. His looks this time around were softer than earlier. She quickly looked away from his eyes and sat down next to him as he had instructed.

 

The billionaire sighed when he felt her up close. He looked at her but frowned when he noticed that she was still avoiding his eyes.

 

"Look at me." His tone was soft but full of authority.

 

Byeol couldn't resist him. She lifted her head and looked him in the eye, but she couldn't keep up with his alluring gaze. She turned her eyes away, but Baekhyun held her face gently with both hands and he stared into her eyes.

 

"Why do you always avoid my eyes? Am I scary?" He asked softly and Byeol shook her head.

 

"No Baekhyun, you're not scary."

 

"Then why avoid my eyes?"

 

"It gives me a strange feeling whenever I look into your eyes. I've looked into Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Tiffany's eyes, but I don't get that strange feeling I get wherever I look into your eyes." Byeol tried to look away from the billionaire's eyes, but he held her still.

 

"A strange feeling?"

 

"Yes." She nodded.

 

"What kind of feeling? Tell me." Baekhyun was so eager to know if it's the same thing he also feels whenever he looks into her eyes.

 

She bit her lip as she found it difficult to voice out when it was, but she also couldn't look away from those eyes.

 

"Tell me, Byeol," Baekhyun said impatiently, he wanted to know what it was so bad. Hearing her master's words, Byeol couldn't keep him waiting any longer.

 

She moved closer to Baekhyun and embraced him before resting her head on his chest.

 

"To be intimate with you. Whenever I look into your eyes, there's a strong pull in my heart towards you and my whole being will want to be closer to you. My body and soul would only desire to rest in your embrace."

 

Byeol bit her bottom lip as she explained how she's feeling without even knowing that she's already hugging the billionaire.

 

Baekhyun looked at her and he smiled. At this point, he could stand proudly and let the whole world know that Byeol is his soulmate.

 

Everything she had just said was the same thing he always experiences whenever he looks into her eyes right from the very first time he set his eyes on her back in high school.

 

Realizing what she had just done, Byeol quickly moved away from his body, but the billionaire pulled her back into his embrace and gently caressed her hair.

 

"I'm so sorry for making you sad. I only want you to love yourself and start seeing yourself as someone special and not a maid. If you don't love yourself, how do you think you're going to recover from your phobia?" Baekhyun asked while caressing her long hair. 

 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun. I do love myself, but I feel so useless. I don't want to become a burden on you, but that seems to be the case right now."

 

"What makes you say that?"

 

"Because I always make you worried and I can't even get through my therapy successfully. I'm so useless."

 

"You're not useless Byeol. That's what they call the healing process. Everyone in this life has one problem or the other. You're not useless so don't ever say that again, okay?" Baekhyun leaned closer to her and kissed her forehead for a few seconds before pulling away.

 

Byeol was shocked at the sudden action. She pulled away from his body and looked him in the eye, but she was surprised to see him smiling.

 

"I care so much about you, so please love yourself, okay?" He caressed her face and stared into her eyes.

 

"I will." She quickly looked away from his eyes and hid her face against his chest, but her eyes s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter