// lightless.

Very Important U

"Well, well, well...if it isn't our little Mi Ya," Skyscraper Heels stated. "Fancy seeing you again."

If you're gonna act like a know-it-all , then at least say my name correctly. I tried my best to keep a calm exterior, but on the inside, I was fuming. Nevermind how they figured out I was staying here; I'll force it out of them later. How DARE they follow me! Plus, who was she calling little? I could use her as a freaking armrest. Pursing my lips together, I spoke in a normal tone.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I greeted briefly before trying to break their ranks and go towards the elevator.

My attempts were futile, however. They stepped in my way and exchanged looks. I was really losing my patience here. Letting out a huffy breath, I cocked an eyebrow and smirked.

"Excuse me," I said in a low voice, but they would not budge.

"Nu-uh, Mi Ya, we're not done with you yet," Skyscraper Heels said in that sickly sweet voice that I loathed oh-so-much.

Ignoring her, I stormed back outside to escape them. That didn't go well, however. They followed me like gnats to a light. That analogy was true to a certain extent. I mean, they acted, sounded and even looked like those tiny flies that constantly buzz around your head. How I'd like to squish each and every single one of them between my palms. The click of Skyscraper Heels' boots annoyed me with each passing second. If I had it my way, I wanted to shove those stupid heels up her sorry a--

"Mi Ya, didn't you hear me? I said that we--"

"You can drop the 'nice girl' act, . And, for your information, my name's MIN AH. Don't wear it out," I said edgily. "No, I don't care about what you said. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a drama to watch."

"You can't talk to her that way!" the girl to her right complained, her noisy bangles clanking against each other as she put her hands on her hips.

"You can't tell me to do anything. Is that the law now? Didn't think so. I'd rather not waste my time with you imbeciles," I added icily.

"We saw what you did to Kikwang. Don't even try to deny it," the other girl to her left said, narrowing her gaze at me.

"Did I deny anything? No," I pointed to my noggin. "This is called a brain, sweetie. Use it. And what do you mean, 'what I did to him'?!  I did nothing."

"That kiss!" screeched Skyscraper Heels. "You ! You kissed him at the bus stop like, ten minute ago! I saw it, I saw it, I saw it!"

"First of all, don't call me a when you're wearing those disgusting hooker boots. Trust me, if I was a guy, even I wouldn't tap that. And for your information, you jealous , he was the one who initiated it. If you really were a true stalker, you would have seen that properly. All I did was stand there. Why do you care, anyway? It's not like you even had a chance. Don't worry your little diva , about it, though. I'm not interested your oppa." I said, my tone turning hostile.

"Why would I care? Of course I'd care," she snapped. "He belongs to ME."

"I don't see your name on him anywhere, therefore, he does not belong to anyone. How'd you even figure out that I was staying here, anyway? Stalker."

"We followed the bus, obviously. That bus only goes one route only: to the hotel. I thought EVERYONE knew that."

"Whoop-de-doo. This isn't going to accomplish anything. Step aside, now. Unless, of course, you want to end up at the bottom of the Han River." I emphasized the last part in the iciest way I could muster.

"Min Ah, we're not done ye--"

Screw her if she wasn't done. She must've mistaken me for someone who gave a . Trembling in anger, I made my way to the elevator and smashed my fist against the call button. I know, I know, I shouldn't take my anger out in inanimate objects. If I wasn't careful, I'd end up breaking the hotel. It wasn't my fault that those girls (if they could even be labeled that) provoked me. Haven't they heard the saying, 'Don't provoke a sleeping lion?' Thanks to them, I spent the next five minutes formulating ways to brutally commit homicide without getting caught. I was in the midst of staging the perfect crime scene when I the TV. Baker King, Kim Tak Goo was on. Ooh, I got back just in time to see the latest episode. Looks like attempted murder would have to wait a while.

---

Thud. What was that?! The curtains in my room were still shut, but I could see the faint light of the morning star trickle in through the window. Soon after the 'thud' that woke me up, I began to hear the voices. Not in my head (I'm not THAT crazy), but actual voices that were inside my hotel room. Who were those voices? I wanted to slip back into dreamyland...

"Shut up, babo, you're going to wake her!" Was that Yoseob? No, I must be dreaming...Yoseob is supposed to be at the showcase, rehearsing.

"It's not my fault that this suitcase was placed here. Aigoo, it's like a typhoon passed through here or something..." Dongwoon? What was going on?

"You guys fail at planning surprises. Someone just take her and get out; we're going to be late for rehearsal." Junhyung. That was definitely Junhyung's voice. I could recognize that nagging anywhere. But wait! What did he mean about surprises? And what's this talk about taking me and getting out? I wanted to stay here and sleep...

"I'll do it, then. It'll be quicker," Doo Joon's voice whispered. Do what?

"No, I'm doing it! I'm stronger!" Kikwang's voice protested. I really wish they'd stop conversing. It's cutting into my beauty sleep...

I suddenly felt myself being lifted from my bed. My warm, fluffy bed. No, why am I being taken away from its warm fluffiness? I liked warm, fluffy things.

Unable to feign slumber anymore, my eyes fluttered open. Imagine my surprise when I found myself about a foot from Hyunseung's face, staring into his amazing, doe eyes. My eyes immediately widened as I assessed the distance between my face and his. Startled, I brought my hand up to my mouth to scream, but ended up yawning instead. He grinned at me.

"Good morning, Min Ah! Surprise!" he greeted.

"Wh-what the..." I blubbered. "Oppa, why are you--"

"Hyunseung hyung," wailed Kikwang. "I said that I was going to do it!"

Ignoring him, Hyunseung proceeded to carry me out of the door in his arms. "We planned to surprise you by taking you to the showcase. We wanted you to wake up in the car or something. Yoseob said that you were a pretty heavy sleeper, so we thought we could sneak you out of your hotel room. Obviously, that isn't the case."

"Some kind of surprise this is. I don't have any shoes, I'm in my pajamas and I look like a complete and utter mess! Plus, I haven't eaten any breakfast yet."

"All taken care of, Min Ah-yah," Hyunseung said nonchalantly, walking down the stairs as I whined about my hair. "Stop complaining about my appearance; you look fine."

He didn't stop carrying me until we entered the van, where Manager Jiyong was waiting. The only time Hyunseung put me down was after he made sure I was inside the vehicle and I wouldn't get out. Sighing in defeat, I said my half-hearted hello to Manager Jiyong who was tapping impatiently on the steering wheel then leaned my head on Hyunseung's shoulder in an attempt to induce slumber once again. My attempt was cut short when the van doors flew open a mere minute after I shut my eyes. The rest of the boys got in, quite loudly, I might add. Sitting up straighter, I saw that they were munching on something. Waitaminute...was that...?

"You guys RAIDIED my fridge? Unbelievable..." I sighed.

"Nu-uh! We also took stuff out of your pantry," added Yoseob unhelpfully as he offered me my own cereal and bottle of milk.

Irritated, I flicked him on the head before taking my food back. He let out a small yelp of pain and I stuck my tongue out at him. Serves him right for taking my food. Dongwoon let out a stifled giggle from the backseat, but I whacked him lightly on the arm and grabbed a bagel out of his hands. I ripped off and chewed a piece of the bagel with the force of a savage wolf. Hyunseung just stared at my actions with a hint of amusement.

"Wae? Is this what you call 'taken care of'? Eating my food? I bought this with my own money, guys, sheesh," I grumbled as I tore off another part of the bagel like a shark tears apart its prey.

"I-I was actually going to suggest that I buy you something when we get there," Hyunseung replied, with a bit of fear in his voice.

Everytime he talked like that, I felt bad for scaring him. This would be the second time this week that I made him either scared or uncomfortable. Go me. I have GOT to stop doing things like that to poor Seungie. Leaning my head against his shoulder again, I held out the box of cereal to compensate for my actions. At first, he looked hesitant to take it, but his growling stomach got the better of him and he took it. Yay! He didn't think I was a complete savage.

I felt a pair of Uggs hit my leg. Frowning, I glanced to the side. Kikwang looked in the other direction, apparently suddenly interested in the tall buildings outside the window. Yoseob muttered the word 'fail' from the backseat. Why was he acting like this so suddenly? Perhaps he was jealous of Hyunseung? That was childish. I thought I established the fact that Hyunseung was my personal headrest already. Kikwang couldn't possibly think I liked Hyunseung. I mean, come on. IT'S HYUNSEUNG. The sweet, kind, friendly oppa who's always been a total sweetheart to me. The oppa whose rare laughter makes me feel like I accomplished something. The oppa who cares so much about me even though he doesn't have to. Me? Like Hyunseung? Apshhh. I bet Kikwang got this whole mindset because of that comment that Dongwoon made yesterday.

"Thanks for bringing my boots, I guess," I told him, slipping them on.

The drive to the showcase was short and noisy. Messy, too. Yoseob, being the klutz that he was, accidentally spilled orange juice on Junhyung's white sweatpants. If you guessed that Junhyung was not happy about that whole ordeal, you guessed right. He was furious. The bickering went on for quite a while with Kikwang trying to sove the dispute and to make matters worse, Dongwoon had his iPod on and tried singing trot over the argument. Doo Joon's snoring from the front seat was audible during the racket. I found it hard to hear myself think. Manager Jiyong must have a lot of perseverance to withstand this zoo. So much for catching up on my Zs.

When we got there, everyone unloaded and headed straight for backstage. It was only eight AM and the showcase began at four, but they still had a lot to do, like rehearsal, costume fittings and makeup. I asked Doo Joon what I was supposed to do while they were rehearsing because I didn't want to disturb them, but he just said to watch them practice. For three hours. I mean, I love the boys, but three hours of watching them perform the same two songs over again? I had the attention span of a puppy. Nonetheless, I agreed to support them and followed Junhyung, who was waddling like a giant penguin towards the door, putting his hand over the OJ mishap.

Upon entering, I was greeted with an 'omo!' Turning my head to the side, my face broke out into a wide grin. Standing to the side were three girls that I had gotten to know last year. I waved to them and all three ran up to greet me. We hugged for a while, then started laughing for no apparent reason.

"Unnie! Yoseob oppa wasn't lying when he said he would bring you!" Kwon Sohyun chirped. "Yay! Today just got a lot funner!"

"Funner isn't a word, maknae," Heo Gayoon told her, then turned to me. "It's been so long since we saw you, Min Ah. Too long!"

"Looks like I won't be lonely backstage this whole time since I can talk to you," I stated. "How've you girls been? Eeeek, this is like a reunion or something!"

"I know, right?" Jeon Jiyoon agreed. "But I'm afraid we have to rehearse for our stage too. We're performers too, you know. We'll talk afterwards, we promise! Oh look, Hyuna and Jihyun are here!"

"Min Ah-yah!" greeted Nam Jihyun as she rushed over to hug me. "Omo! How ARE you, darling?"

"I'm well! It's so nice to see you girls again!" I laughed, then shrieked, "HYUNA! HYUNAHYUNAHYUNA!"

"UNNIE! UNNIEUNNIEUNNIEUNNIE!" Kim Hyuna screamed back with equal power. "EEEEEEEK!"

"You guys are such girls," Yoseob rolled his eyes. "I'm outta here."

Sticking our tongues out at him, me and the girls chatted for a bit until each of them got called to go practice. Hyuna lingered for a bit, though. Over the past year, I had grown closer to this girl. After I met this girl last year, I honestly asked myself where she's been alll my life. I met all the girls of 4minute last year when Yoseob was still a trainee, but since they were close with my cousin and his band, it was natural that I got to know them too. Hyuna was the only one who constantly tried to keep in touch with me over the year. She was busy doing promotions in Japan, so I couldn't hang out with her at all since I got to Korea this year.

"Unnie," she said. "I feel bad for not talking to you in so long. Japanese promotions were hectic and we have to go back in a few days. After this showcase, we should have a girl's night in! Just the two of us. Yoseob oppa mentioned that you got your own suite, am I right?"

"You betcha! I have SO much to tell you," I smiled. "Go practice. I don't want you to get in trouble because of me."

Hyuna obliged and I was left alone with nothing to do. Shrugging, I went to go to BEAST's practice room. They were only performing two songs, Mystery and Shock, but after hearing and watching them dance to Mystery for half an hour, I felt like it was MY head that was spinning. It was then that I felt someone sit next to me.

"Annyeonghaseyo! I don't believe I've seen you around before...are you one of the newer trainees?"

Looking beside me, I saw a girl with blonde hair and a sweet face smiling at me. I blinked for a second then answered her. "M-me? Aniyo...I'm Yang Min Ah, Yoseob's cousin."

"Ah! So you're Min Ah! I've heard so much about you!" she exclaimed happily in perfect English. "Yoseob went on for a while about you coming back to Korea. It's so nice to finally meet you!"

"He was? Wow...my cousin, really..." I turned pink.

"Don't be embarrassed; that's a good thing. Oh! I'm Gina, by the way. Gina Choi of Canada," she introduced. "You're from America, am I right?"

"Seoul born, California raised," I confirmed.

Gina and I hit it off really quickly. I learned that she was a CUBE artist who was debuting very soon. In the few hours I spent talking to this girl, I could safely say that she was one of the coolest people I have ever met. We watched the boys practice while having a nice conversation. I thought I was going to have to sit through the boys' practice with nothing to do, but Gina had a hilarious commentary that kept me giggling throughout the rehearsal. As soon as the boys took the first break, we were both laughing too hard that we didn't notice the boys approach us.

"Noona!" Dongwoon greeted.

"I see that you've met Min Ah already," Yoseob pointed out. "This'll be noona's last showcase as a trainee. Isn't that cool?"

"Chincha? Wow! That's cool!" I turned to Yoseob. "Yah, you have to take me to her debut stages, oppa! Gina-ssi's so much cooler than you!"

"Yah!" Yoseob feigned being hurt. "But arasseo. I don't see why not."

"Min Ah, don't call me Gina-ssi; it makes me seem like I'm a boring old coot," she told me in English. "Unnie's fine."

"Alrighty, then!" I agreed in English, then my stomach growled. "I'm hungry."

"Wow, you really are Yoseob's cousin," Gina said.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I whined as I followed the boys to where they were keeping the food.

The staff was nice enough to make lunch boxes for us. Grinning, I picked up my lunch box and we made our way into an old practice room. There were stage props and boxes on the floor for us to sit on. Pushing all the boxes together, we made a makeshift table and set our food down. The showcase was in about three and a half hours and the boys were a part of the opening, so we only only had about half an hour to eat. While we were laughing at one of Doo Joon's impersonations, all the lights suddenly turned off. I heard two people scream in a high pitched voice. One was Gina. The other was Dongwoon. Fail. Now, call me weird, but I liked power outages. Something about being in the dark pleased me and made me calm. Go ahead, label me a wacko; I don't care. Because I knew how easy it would be to scare Dongwoon, I decided to yell out, "ZOMBIES!"

"Yah, that's not funny, Min Ah!" he replied.

"Mianhae," I giggled. "I'll go find the staff; I can't believe they don't have any windows in this building."

I got up to find the door, but I heard someone get up as well. Unfortunately, due to the blackness, I bumped into that person and we toppled down together. I landed on the floor and whoever I bumped into fell on top of me. Trying not to die because of the heavy weight on top of me, I tried pushing the person off of me. If it weren't for the dark, this would have looked SO wrong. The person, however, wouldn't budge.

"Mianhae," I apologized again as I tried pushing them off, but they wouldn't budge.

"Min Ah, are you okay?" I heard Gina's voice call out.

"Ne," I yelled out, then tried pushing the person off again. "You can get off now."

They didn't say anything. I tried wriggling out, but then, something shocking happened. Whoever fell on top of me kissed me. I didn't even know how their lips found mine in the dark, but somehow, they did. I was too stunned to react, but the kiss ended as soon as it began. The weight was then lifted off of me and I lay there for a bit, unmoving. What just happened?! Why did this happen to me?! What an inconvenient time to do that to somebody.

Getting up and brushing myself off, I teetered a bit as I tried regaining my balance in the dark. "Who just--"

The lights turned back on and the sudden flash blinded me for a second. Once I recovered from the glare, my heart beat even faster as I looked at Gina and the boys. Everyone besides me was sitting in the exact same spots they were in before the lights went out.

---

I hoped you guys liked this chapter! ^__^ Hopefully it was longer than the last chapter. Lots of things happened in this one, so I hope you guys aren't too mad at me for making things boring. Comment, comment, comment, please! Your feedback motivates me to write! I mean it, too! I love responding to your comments anyway. xD I'm not going to complain because of school and stuff because I know how you all know how hectic it is. I'm going to try to get you another chapter ASAP so you all don't have to wait too long to find out what happens. Until next time, annyeong(: mystery signing off.