// take care of my girlfriend.

Very Important U

The first words out of my mouth were in English. "Dongwoon, say whaaaat?!"

"Whaaaat?!" came his confused reply, earning himself a playful shove from me.

"Babo, I didn't mean it like that!" Shaking my head, I clutched into the collar of his thin, white shirt. "H-how do you know?"

"U-uh, I think I've told you way too mu--"

"Son Dongwoon!" I hissed as I pulled on the cotton material, like I was going to rip it apart in my hands.

"Okay, okay, you don't have to rip my shirt! Geez," Dongwoon replied, trying to get my hands off his shirt. "Well, whenever Junhyung hyung and I get bored, we snoop through Hyunseung hyung's stuff just for the hell of it. We know that he keeps this...well, journal under his pillow. He thinks no one knows about it. So anyway, we were reading through the entries today and we came across the most recent one saying that he kissed you in the dark yesterday. Then he rambled on about you. To tell you the truth, it was kind of boring--"

I zoned out for a bit after that. Hyunseung?! As in quiet, stubborn Prince Jang? Him? My face was currently in 'derp' mode, what with my jaw down to the floor and everything as I attempted to grasp this overwhelming concept. I was so convinced that it was Kikwang, though. It had to be Kikwang. It just HAD to. There was no way that Hyungseung could do that. Hyunseung couldn't have done that. Should I ask him about it? Naw, pretty much the entire world knows that he's such a compulsive liar. If he were Pinocchio, his nose would have probably stretched to the moon by now. I can't believe that Dongwoon and Junhyung found this out. Wait a minute...Dongwoon and...Junhyung? I nearly had a heart attack.

"Junhyung oppa knows about this too?!" I squeaked.

"Oooh, no wonder you were so spaced out yesterday! That explains everything!" The maknae was completely oblivious to my horrified expression. "Min Ah and hyu-ung sitting in a tree--"

"Dongwoon, shut up!" I begged as my eyes scanned wildly around the store and silently cursed Dongwoon as Hyuna sauntered towards us.

"What are you guys discussing, hmm?" she asked, curious.

I said, "Nothing," but Dongwoon, lovely Dongwoon, HAD to respond with, "Hyunseung hyung kissed Min Ah!" My jaw slackened as Dongwoon grinned sheepishly at me. Glaring at him, I turned to Hyuna, who had a glint in her eye. She looked from me to Dongwoon, then to me again. I could already tell she had a million questions running through her mind. This was going to be a long day.

---

A week had passed by in a breeze. Hyuna and the girls had already left for Japan. My nights at the hotel felt kinda lonely again. That night of Doo Joon's party, however, I had dressed up somewhat decent, thanks to Gina unnie. She couldn't go to the party with me (which probably made me the only girl again) but she did lend me some of her clothing, which was totally awesome. A couple of Yoon leader's friends were coming and I wanted to make a favorable first impression. It totally that Gina couldn't go, since she had to practice nonstop for her debut tomorrow because I'd probably be the lonely girl at the noraebang sitting in the corner like, "FOREVER ALONE." Since I was not going to wait outside in front of the hotel in a silver halter, dark skinny jeans and Converse (since I wanted my feet to be comfortable), I reclined on the couch until Yoseob called me.

I had recently found out from blabbermouth maknae that none of the guys had taken their driver's test yet. This greatly worried me, since they've pretty much been chauffering me around everywhere, no thanks to managers Joonkun and Jiyong. Apparently, Dongwoon said that they didn't want to bother their hyungs since they were tired all the time and plus, they would get practice out of it so when they took the real test, they would do exceptionally well. You could imagine my expression as I found out that I was pretty much a guinea pig for their test trials. We all know how well it went when we were in a car with Junhyung in the driver's seat. Finally, Yoseob's call came and I made my way down the stairs and to the loading area. It was only me and dear cousin Yoseob this time; the others were already at the noraebang since it was walking distance from their dorm.

"Well, don't you look spiffy," Yoseob said in a mocking tone as I stepped inside.

"Nice to see you too. What's with the hat?" I asked, poking his newsboy cap. "Are you going to a party or delivering newspapers?"

"Ha ha ha, you're a riot," he joked, overexaggerating with the laughter and causing the car to swerve sharply to the left.

"Yah! Yang Yoseob, are you TRYING to kill us both?!" I gasped.

"I'm gonna kill YOU if you don't use your honorifics like you're supposed to!" he countered.

Bickering like siblings for the rest of the way, we reached the destination as we were in a heated debate about how terrible his driving was. I, unfortunately, lost the debate partly because Yoseob was a very persistent person and partly because I was kind of half-assing my arguing skills anyway. Walking up the steps to the noraebang, we found our way to the party room and I was ambushed upon entering.

"Min Ah, Min Ah, Min Ah!" greeted Dongwoon upon our arrival as he glomped me.

"Woonie, Woonie, Woonie!" I shouted back with equal excitement.

"How come I don't get a 'hyung, hyung, hyung', huh?" Yoseob demanded, dragging me away as I gave him a glare.

"Yoseob, sit down," Junhyung commanded. "Aish, you're such a kid..."

I met Junhyung's eyes, but he made no sign that he knew about....well, the incident. Shifting my gaze to Kikwang, I went to sit down next to him and Yoseob. A giant, vanilla cake with colored candles sat in the center of the table. I moved my gaze from Kikwang to Yoseob momentarily in askance. Thankfully, he shook his head to indicate that he didn't tell Yoseob anything and it felt like a great weight had been lifted off my chest. Then, I looked at Hyunseung, who was sitting on the far end of the plush couch, off in his own 4-D world. I kept denying that he was the mystery kisser in my head as I absentmindedly went over his features.

The sound of a bottle opening shook me from my reverie as I turned to see what made the noise. Junhyung was nonchalantly drinking a beer, looking like a complete badass in his motorcycle jacket. Of course. He always said that it wasn't a party without booze. I was of legal age to drink since I was the same age as Dongwoon, but I learned that none of the boys save Junhyung drank much so I didn't even get the chance. See, I would have asked him for a drink, but Yoseob would be all up on me. That didn't stop me from LOOKING at it, though. Junhyung finally noticed and started grinning like a loser, holding out the beer bottle to me.

"R-really?" I started getting giddy since I had never tasted beer or any type of liquor before.

I was going to take a freaking sip too, but Kikwang pushed it away. Why? Why would he do something like that? "Are you offering Min Ah BEER?!"

Lee Kikwang, if only I could just....fjkalrnaefgnaq. So close...so close, and yet so far. That's what I was thinking as Junhyung pulled the bottle back and shrugged apologetically. "Well, she was LOOKING at it..."

"Min Ah-yah, you should be taking good care of your body! I don't drink and look at me! I have this," he grinned as he pointed to his stomach, concealing his well-toned abs, then he jerked his head towards Junhyung, "while hyung has THAT."

"Yah, Lee Kikwang, are you calling me fat?!" growled Junhyung.

"Wait, you were gonna accept the beer? YANG MIN AH!" Yoseob yelled as I facepalmed.

FML. FML. FML. I wish I could melt into the floor, turn invisible or teleport to China. Maybe even all three. Everyone was arguing about ME which I hated since I never really liked being an attention . Hyunseung was looking at everyone like he didn't know what was going on. He probably didn't. Meeting his innocent-looking gaze, my heart stopped for a minute. What am I doing? Why am I feeling so freaking awkward when he didn't even know that I knew that he kissed me? Keep your cool, Min Ah. Pretend like you don't know how he feels about you. He mouthed a 'What's going on?' and I was about to respond, but suddenly the door opened.

Finally, Doo Joon and his friends entered the room. Their timing was really impeccable. I just wanted to go up and hug them all, but that would be weird. Kikwang bought party hats and noisemakers for everybody and took them out of a plastic bag to pass them out to everyone. Yoseob and I, being the awesome people that we are, wore our party hats over our mouths and waved the noisemakers around like magic wands. Why? Because we own at life, that's why. Hyunseung started to light the candles on the giant cake sitting in the center as we all started a round of 'Happy Birthday'.

Now, I don't know why, but the birthday song is ALWAYS sung out of tune. ALWAYS. Like, you cannot not sing it in tune. You can sing it close to in tune, but never precisely in tune. No matter how well you sing, the birthday song is something everyone s up. You always hit that stupid high note either too high or too low. I know for a fact that five of these boys could sing exceptionally well, but during that 'SarangHAAAAneun' part, we all sounded like a chorus of castrated sheep.

Anyway, after the song, Doo Joon's face got pushed into the cake (after he blew out the candles, of course; we weren't stupid enough to push his face into a mass of burning candles), much to everyone's amusement. He then introduced us to his friends from his hometown. Jongsu was a tall athletic dude who was as big as a tree. He brought his girlfriend, Aesook, who was really loud and seemed fun to be around. Her short bob was dyed platinum blonde and she looked like an angel. Then, there was Kyubeom, who was a lean, lanky boy with a nice eye-smile. He wore a black LA baseball cap tilted to the side and liked to use the words 'yo' and 'man' a lot.

After introductions were done, it was finally time to sing. Junhyung finished his beer, so we agreed to spin the bottle to see who goes first. Crossing my fingers, I prayed to God that it wouldn't land on me first. If it did, I feared for people's lives. In my family, the gene for being a good singer has been passed down for generations. My mom, dad, aunts and uncles could sing pretty well. So could my cousins. I mean, look at Yoseob. Unfortunately, the gene seemed to have skipped me. According to my other cousins, I was more tone deaf than a cow, whatever that meant.

A few seconds later, my worst fear had been confirmed. Yes, out of the ten people that showed up to the noraebang, the damn bottle landed on me. At that moment, I felt like melting into the floor again. Me? Go first? Singing?! Eighteen pairs of eyes landed on me while I tried playing with the ends of my hair. Okay, trying to pretend as if nothing was happening was not working very well, not working very well at all. Ugh, why did I agree to go to a noraebang if I couldn't sing? Oh yeah, because I was a good person. I really have to be more evil or something. The boys besides Yoseob have never seen me sing at all. Oh great, I'm going to embarass myself so much.

"Min Ah-yah, looks like you're up first!" Doo Joon announced. "Let's hear that beautiful voice!"

At that, Yoseob promptly burst out laughing. I shot him a death glare as he said in between spasms of laughter, "Min Ah? Beautiful voice? I think I'm going to die of laughter!"

"C'mon, I'm sure it's not that bad," Kikwang said, trying to reassure me. "You can do it; hwaiting!"

I weakly raised my fist to mimic his fighting pose. "Hwaiting."

He pulled me to my feet and even handed the mic to me. I didn't even have the liberty to pick out my own song. Yoseob suggested a Mariah Carey song and the vote was eight to two. Kikwang stuck by me. I looked at Hyunseung during the vote and he looked like he didn't even know what he was voting for since he just raised his hand when the majority did. Did I ever mention what an AMAZING cousin Yoseob was? Ugh, I just want to beat him up sometimes. A tranquil forest scene appeared on the television as the music started.

"You know that you've been waiting for it; I'm waiting too..." I began, attempting horribly to hit old Mariah's high notes.

The laughter was enough to make me want to hurl. Yes, I know I cannot sing. Shut up. The more they laughed, the more my voice cracked and went off pitch. By the end of the song, the entire room was in hysterics. I was ready to kill Yoseob, who had filmed everything from the horrid beginning to my grand score of 9%. Hey, at least it was better than a zero.

Kikwang went next and being the loser that he was, he picked the song 'Dancing Shoes' by--yep, you guessed it, himself. Everyone gradually hyped up and got into a party mood as he showed off his talent. Naturally, he got a score of 98, but only because Dongwoon tried to show off and did his American dance in the middle of the song, causing him to burst out laughing.

A few more people went and sang, each of them getting a score WELL over 9%. Hyunseung got up to use the restroom in the middle. Junhyung called me over to him and slipped some money in my hand. "Yah, Min Ah-yah. Can you be a good friend and pick up a six-pack of beer, will ya? Turns out Jongsu here's a pretty good drinker as well. It's about TIME the party really got started. I'll let you have some if you want~"

"Sure thing!" I agreed. Anything to escape from here. I was so thankful for the distraction; I really didn't want to sing again.

"It's pretty late out so I'll go with you too," Kikwang spoke up.

Gah, of course. I couldn't go anywhere at night without him hounding me. Looks like Min Ah-walking-alone-at-night time would be delayed tonight. Whatever, I was grateful for an escape plan. As much as I loved Doo Joon, I couldn't face that kind of humiliation again. Not yet, anyway. Walking down the steps with Kikwang, I was so engulfed in my thoughts about that stupid song that I didn't notice that we had reached the crosswalk already. The convenience store was just across the street. Now, I was feeling pretty 4D, so I didn't notice all the cars rushing past me when I attempted to stepped off the sidewalk to cross the street. The rest happened in a flash.

I was about to step off the sidewalk when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist as quick as lightning. Miliseconds later, a speeding taxi zoomed by where my body would have been. My heart was about to come out of my chest from beating too much. Spinning me around to face him, I was forced to stare into Kikwang's worried eyes.

"Are you alright? You babo! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" he exclaimed. "Yang Min Ah, NEVER do that again! You scared me half to death..."

Pulling me closer to him in a tight hug, I was still kind of in shock. Was I really that close to dying? That meant...Kikwang pretty much saved my life? Wow, that was nice of him to do that. What am I thinking? HE FREAKING SAVED MY LIFE. Returning his hug, I rested my forehead on his bulky shoulder, breathing in his scent and muffling into his shoulder, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry; I wasn't thinking properly. Mianhae, oppa."

"I'm just glad that you didn't end up into a pancake," he muttered.

I don't know how long we stayed like that, but it was like an eternity. For me, at least. I lifted my eyes but kinda just stayed in his embrace for a bit longer. Staring off at the direction of the noraebang, I felt another 'oh ' moment coming on. I saw an onlooker who had probably observed everything that just went on between me and Kikwang. Pulling away from Kikwang, it took all of my self-control not to take off running. Why? Because I had met eyes with the one person who had seen this whole thing go down. That one person named Jang Hyunseung.

---

OH NOEZ, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. O.O;; I hope this chapter was longer than the previous! I tried to get this chapter up to you ASAP! :3 So, as you guys may (or may not) know, I started a new fanfiction thing, but that's only a side project. I'll be updating this one first since it's my first priority, of course. Once again, keep commenting, please! :3 I'll give you (virtual) cookies! Thanks for reading, guys, really appreciate it! Until next time, annyeong(: mystery signing off.