The Melody of the Pleased

The Melody of the Pleased

They had tried to hide it for a while.

They had, really, they had.

They had tried to make it a gradual thing.

But eventually it had seemed to just show in everything they did.

Their parents hadn’t been exactly happy about it, in fact, they had been downright furious, but anyone could see how utterly in love the two Princes were.

No-one was cruel enough to separate them and, so, the two had been allowed to continue seeing each other – as long as they continued to perform their duties.

Their love for each other was completely in the open, despite their best efforts, and it seemed the entire Kingdom knew.

Kyuhyun sunk into his seat, trying to hide himself from the crowd as they cheered.

His parents had sent him on a visit to one of the local hospitals, deciding that it was a good idea for him to see the people. And to help that process even more, they had made Kyuhyun ride in an open-top carriage.

A blush covered his cheeks as he shyly waved to the crowd.

“Of all the things…” He mumbled to himself, and, although he would never admit it, felt tempted to whine about it.

A slight squeak managed to leave his lips before he stopped himself, utterly mortified and embarrassed.

The people were lovely, really, but did they absolutely have to put up banners and throw celebrations and festivals, until even the furthest country could hear how happy they were.

He sunk even further into his seat, a whine finally leaving his lips as he saw a little girl hold up a drawing of him and Jongwoon, in stick-form, kissing.

-

Kyuhyun walked into his bedroom, having finished his duties and lowered the Sun.

A slight chill ran through him, a shiver running up his spine.

He gently, delicately, took off his jewellery, resting them on his night-stand.

The window was wide open.

Walking over, he nearly jumped out of his skin at the sight of his sister, sat, smiling, on one of the chairs that rested on his balcony.

“You scared me,” He mumbled, pouting as he walked over and sat down, still feeling slightly cold. He looked around briefly, trying to hide the gesture, but realised he had been caught the moment Ahra’s smile grew even wider. “What gives me the pleasure of you visiting, dear sister?”

“Oh, nothing…” Ahra replied, tone amused.

She was clearly up to something.

“Is that so?” He asked, openly looking around. Ahra had noticed him the first time so he had nothing to be embarrassed about.

“Well, nothing, except for the fact that my brother is just too adorable when in love.”

Kyuhyun blushed, chewing his lip as he pretended to be unbothered. “I don’t know what you’re going on about.”

“And the fact that you’ve made a handsome prince utterly smitten.”

Kyuhyun looked down to his hands, smiling.

“And the fact that you’re just as smitten in return.”

Kyuhyun’s eyes snapped up to meet his sister’s, denial on the tip of his tongue, however, his words cut off when a hand softly tapped his shoulder.

“What are you teasing my flower about now, Noona?”

It was a familiar voice and one that made Kyuhyun spin around in his chair, jumping up to wrap his arms around his lover.

“Jongwoon…” He mumbled, heart fluttering, into the Moon Prince’s chest.

He pressed his smile into the older male’s chest, fingers digging into the back of his lover’s shirt.

Jongwoon’s hand rubbed the back of Kyuhyun’s head softly, gently scratching his scalp – just the way Kyuhyun liked it.

The Sun Princess smiled at the sight, standing up as she gently brushed off anything that had attached to her skirt. “Just that the two of you are so utterly smitten. Oh, and how adorable it all is.”

Jongwoon hummed, already distracted with the feeling of Kyuhyun adjusting himself, his smile now settling more comfortably against the Moon Prince’s neck.

“Well, I can see that it’s time for me to leave.” Ahra said, still smiling as she began to herself out of the room, completely unoffended at the lack of attention.

Kyuhyun lifted his head up at the sound of her heels clicking, the noise slowly getting further away. “Have a good night, Noona!”

“You too, Kyu!”

Jongwoon smiled down at his love, hands dropping to rub Kyuhyun’s back.

“She is right. You’re utterly adorable.”

The idea of Jongwoon finding him adorable made a warmth rush through Kyuhyun and he lifted his head completely, his lips brushing Jongwoon’s.

“Am not.” He whispered.

“So are.” Jongwoon replied, chest rumbling slightly against Kyuhyun’s.

They both leant forward, tilting their heads as they kissed, the act beautifully gentle as they simply appreciated the fact that they could be here – together.

-

Despite Kyuhyun’s complaints, a national holiday was announced and both the Sun Kingdom and the Moon Kingdom came together to throw the biggest celebration of their lives.

The two princes stood together, watching over the Sun Kingdom, with pride.

Thousands of citizens from the Moon Kingdom had travelled to be here and it was an honour to see their people get along and learn about each other.

“Your kingdom sounds so elegant, Jongwoon.” Kyuhyun said, head leaning against Jongwoon’s shoulder. He hadn’t yet been able to visit the Moon Kingdom but from what he had heard, it seemed like a place of fantasy.

The Moon Prince raised an eyebrow. “Elegant is maybe not the word. Strong-willed, stubborn, resolute; those are words that describe my kingdom.”

Kyuhyun smiled, lacing his hand with Jongwoon’s, as he giggled slightly. “Stubborn is certainly a word I would use to describe you.”

Jongwoon huffed, looking away as he pretended to be hurt. “As if you have any room to speak.”

The Moon Prince dramatically lifted a hand to his heart, as if he had been physically wounded.

“Yes, well,” Kyuhyun said, slipping out of his lover’s arms as he began to walk into his, no, their bedroom. “I learn from the best.”

-

The celebration had been grand and fit for the colossal occasion it was.

Pillars were decorated with exotic flowers and glittering stars, banners were raised, painted with every shade of the rainbow, and the people danced and sang all night long, right up till the Sun was risen the next day and even then they continued.

Each kingdom’s citizens were fascinated by the other’s; their customs, their outfits, their opinions, their history and it was only Kyuhyun and Jongwoon’s love that had brought them together.

The two kingdoms had been separated for hundreds of years and now, finally, they were allowed their rightful ability to harmonise.

-

Kyuhyun shuffled slightly, moving the silk bed sheets to wrap further around him.

He had stayed up all night with his lover, both learning about each other’s kingdoms, and even though he could hardly open his eyelids from how tired he was, he didn’t regret a single thing.

He blinked a few times, heart fluttering as a familiar ache, warm and full of affection, filled him at the sight of his lover.

Reaching a hand out to play with the soft, black strands of hair, he was reminded of the dark night, even now, as the Sun shone down on them with its motherly warmth.

His fingertips moved down, softly caressing and admiring his lover’s cheeks and nose, before reaching the older male’s pale lips, parted slightly as he breathed.

He leaned forward, settling with a quick kiss on the cheek before moving back.

However, he was surprised by a hand shooting out to take hold of his.

“That’s a pleasant wake-up call, my flower.” Jongwoon mumbled, leaning forward to kiss Kyuhyun’s neck, smiling as the Sun Prince giggled.

It was adorable that Kyuhyun still found such kisses endearing.

He looked up, gazing into Kyuhyun’s eyes as he smirked, always ready to tease his sweet Prince. “However, I can’t help but need an even better one.”

Kyuhyun smiled, leaning forward to finally kiss those tempting lips. He sighed blissfully, reaching a hand up to hold his lover’s jaw as Jongwoon’s wrapped around his waist.

“Is that good enough?” He whispered.

“Well…maybe just a few more.” Jongwoon replied, already leaning forward to kiss Kyuhyun.

Their lips met once, twice, three times, over and over again, until Kyuhyun had to lean back, holding a hand over the Moon Prince’s mouth as he laughed breathlessly.

“Is that good enough yet?”

Jongwoon reached up and took Kyuhyun’s hand away from his mouth, nodding his head.

“For now it is,” He murmured, resting his forehead against Kyuhyun’s. “I love you, my adorable Sun Prince.”

Kyuhyun smiled, blushing, as he shyly played with Jongwoon’s hand. “And I love you, my handsome Moon Prince.”