Of Roses and Soft toys

Of Roses and Soft toys

 

The first rose he got, he found it in his seat in his room. He was curious to who had placed it there. He shrugged, pushing the thought aside and placed the rose in a flask.

The second rose he got, it was on his computer. This time, it was with a note. It read, “Many roses to come… keke ^^” Sungmin giggled to himself, wondering who was this person who will go to such extend for him.

The third rose he got, it was placed on his bed. There was a picture attached to it, he was in the picture and beside him was a shadow. Sungmin flipped the picture and there, another note. “I will always be there for you.” Sungmin felt goose bumps all over his body, how could he not realize that someone has been following him.

The fourth rose he got, it was morning. He found it placed in the fridge, placed next to his milk which he drank every morning. It gave him the creeps, who would be able to place roses here and there without him knowing.

The fifth rose he got, he didn’t even want to read the letter written for him. He threw away the roses, from the first to the most recent one with everything that came with it.

He threw away the sixth

Threw away the seventh

Burnt away the eighth and left a note to the sender, telling him not to send him anymore roses or letters.

The ninth still came. The sender cleaned up the burned roses and replied the letter Sungmin wrote. “I know you are scared, but I will reveal myself soon… Please accept my roses.” Sungmin didn’t want it, he threw it away again. How could someone know him so well?

The tenth came with a bottle of red wine and a letter attached. “Wine with me?” Sungmin hated wine, how could the person not know that?

The eleventh came with another note. “One more rose and I will reveal myself to you.” Sungmin didn’t even know why he still read the lettes or kept the last few roses that were given to him. Maybe, just maybe he was hoping for the person to reveal himself already. Then, it just hit him that the day after tomorrow was valentine’s day. Could it?

The last rose came with a bunch of helium filled pink balloons. “Soon..” The letter wrote, this time with the person’s initials written at the corner of the card. Sungmin wondered about the initials, tomorrow was valentine’s day and he was worried, what if this person was a creep and would do stuff to him.

It was valentine’s day, Sungmin stayed home all day, waiting for the rose to appear somewhere or someone. He actually waited for something that day, he didn’t want to but his heart told him to. It was nearly 12mn and Sungmin had fallen asleep on his sofa.

“Sungmin…” He heard someone call him, shaking him awake. Sungmin stirred and sat up from his previous position. “Kyuhyun?” He looked at the younger with his sleepy eyes. Kyuhyun held out a pink bunny, big enough that Sungmin could hug.

“Happy Valentine’s day.” He smiled, pushing the toy into Sungmin’s arms.

“It was you?” Sungmin asked, looking down on the toy endearingly. “You..” He mumbled.”

“Yes me.. I like you Lee Sungmin.” Kyuhyun confessed, face going red as he spoke. “I hope the roses didn’t scare you.”

Sungmin shook his head, hugging the toy in delight. “I thought it was creepy at first but seeing that it is you… I think I’m fine with it.” He blushed, the pink toy in his arms.

“And yes, I would love to date you.” He replied the card that came along with the toy.