Chapter 1. The Start

My Person
Please log in to read the full chapter

„I won’t survive another lesson with Mr. Nam. His voice is so monotone he even could get junkies on ecstasy down. Uhhhh”

Chanyeol complained during lunch like he did every time after a class with Mr. Nam. Mr. Nam was their history teacher and Kyungsoo had to agree that the teacher’s voice was hard to listen to without zoning out or falling asleep. Especially in the first period, early in the morning. That is why he started to secretly record the lessons to study later. Chanyeol started it actually and everyone just followed. Chanyeol was, in contrast to his bubbly and joking personality, one of the top students at school and maintained his top grades. He was the person to go to if you need help with anything.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol grew up together. Chanyeol’s family moved into the apartment next to them when they were two years old. They weren’t friends from the beginning though. Chanyeol was always a bubbly and social child. Kyungsoo was the opposite. He was a very reserved and quiet type. He was an observer. He only talked if he needed to. And Chanyeol was just too loud. Their friendship started when they were 5 years old and Kyungsoo made fun of Chanyeol’s big ears and called him a monkey. Chanyeol’s mother got concerned when her son came home crying and wore a beanie the next day and refused to take it off even after he got scolded by the kindergarten teacher. She made him tell what happened and so one evening they stood in front of the Do’s apartment. Kyungsoo’s mother was shocked to hear that her sweet and quiet boy had offended someone and made him apologize. She did raise him well though as Kyungsoo already felt really bad for what he said and couldn’t even sleep the whole night. The apology was honest and raw.

After that they got close so fast their mothers couldn’t believe what was happening.  Kyungsoo learned that Chanyeol was someone who, once he said what he wanted to tell, became calm and comfortable and could be quite serious. So he got used to just quietly listen to Chanyeol’s exciting news about his day so far and his plans and ideas about everything and nothing at the same time, that entered and left Chanyeol’s head during the day. Chanyeol learned that Kyungsoo was someone that just needed space. He also learned that Kyungsoo could be incredibly funny and outgoing. He savored these rare moments.

And so they became family.

Beakhyun and Jongdae entered their lives when they started 6th grade. Somehow Chanyeol just suddenly sat at their lunch table with two new faces following. He introduced Beakhyun and Jongdae to Kyungsoo and so they just naturally became a group of friends.


Bringing us to the present where the 16 years old boys sat at their usual table in the canteen enjoying the food Kyungsoo and his mother made last night. Baekhyun and Jongdae were unfortunately sorted into another class so the breaks were the only opportunities to catch up during school. Baekhyun and Jongdae were laughing at Chanyeol's antics about annoying teachers.

“What are the plans for tomorrow now?” Kyungsoo asked after he finished his last egg roll.

“Jinho just told me that the practice was uncancelled” Beakhyun replied while rolling his eyes. His coach had been canceling their Baseball practices a lot these days due to “personal” reasons. The team suspected that these “personal” reasons were a woman the coach ditched them for. So now they never knew if the practice would take place till the last minute. Lucky for him, Jinho, his teammate, was Coach Lee’s neighbor and had the chance to ask him this morning. They crossed their fingers that Coach Lee wouldn’t change his mind tomorrow.

A smile crossed Kyungsoo’s face. He wasn’t a sport kind of guy but he did enjoy watching Baekhyun play Baseball. He saw Baseball as one of the more enjoyable sports. Hot asses presented in tight Baseball pants were also a reason why he enjoyed watching them play. But he would never admit that out loud of course. Not that his friends didn’t know he liked men. No, he discovered that he was attracted to boys when he saw THE Choi Minho, the star Baseball player of their school, their senior and everyone’s favorite, playing when Baekhyun had his first game. He might have had a phase where he was absolutely obsessed with the older. He was 13 back then. Minho was only one year older but his aura was so dominant, even back then, that Kyungsoo was done for. Chanyeol knew immediately what was up with him and supported him in every way even getting Minho’s number for Kyungsoo. Which he never dialed till now, as he was way too scared. He overcame his crush eventually but still enjoyed looking at the older.  

“Great, let’s go to Mario’s and get some ice cream after that. I heard they got a new flavor and I want to try it!” Kyungsoo’s face glowed happily. They all nodded at that.
Chanyeol turned his body towards Kyungsoo, who sat beside him.

“Our parents are out tonight. Wanna sleepover? Noona is at her boyfriend’s so we can do what we want!”

Kyungsoo’s face lit up.

“Pizza?” He asked excitedly.

Chanyeol smirked and nodded in slow motion.

“Pizza!”

“Soda?”

“Soda!”


“Candy?”

“Honey, we will get as much as we want” His evil laugh earned them some confused looks.
Sleepovers with Pizza, soft drinks and candy were their thing. They bought everything that was unhealthy. And they loved it.

“Hyung got this new game and it looks awesome. I can sneak it out and we can play!”

At that Chanyeol gave him an impressed look and held up his arm for a high five. They started to snicker. Baekhyun watched them with envy. He li

Please log in to read the full chapter