#MyDestinyIZONE (KangChaen)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A deep sigh escapes Chaeyeon’s mouth as she dragged her feet towards the 30-story office, flashing her ID at the entrance before silently waiting for the elevator to come. It’s a dull life for her as Chaeyeon’s life compromises waking up at 5 am, commuting to her workplace, and work a long hour until 6 pm before heading back to her house. The monotonous, repetitive routine of hers slowly erasing away Chaeyeon’s mental health and she is now just a walking, breathing zombie who lives just to get some minuscule pay at the end of the month.

She chooses to come early to the office so that she can take a good shower in the free amenities here as well as having a hearty breakfast afterward. Even though the salary wasn’t much, Chaeyeon thought that the office does provide excellent service for their employees to cover up the weakness and win over the competitors, attracting lots of promising young talent who love the laid-back atmosphere in this company.

If anything, Chaeyeon loves the fancy cheese served in the cafeteria which is deemed as the best cheese in the world, thanks to their CEO’s love of providing excellent food for her employees. Quoting back her CEO’s words, “Good food is the main point which will encourage to work harder as it tastes better after expending your effort.” She honestly didn’t understand it but Chaeyeon does agree that food tastes amazing when her empty stomach is growling.

As the door of the elevator about to close, an attractive, dazzling executive is running hurriedly in her direction. Thinking that this might be her new colleagues which people been talking about for ages, Chaeyeon instinctively pushed the button to let the door ajar. “Thank you very much. I’ll be in trouble to wait for other elevators,” the beauty bowed gratefully towards Chaeyeon who is flustered at the politeness of this woman.

“It’s nothing. Every decent human-being will do exactly as I do.”

“Hmm… Maybe I didn’t get the chance to meet any decent-human being as of late. Everyone around me is quite… Intense and just waiting for me to commit any mistake.”

“Tough life.”

Chaeyeon decides that it will be good for her not to prolong their talk too much or else, this dazzling new executive with a coral-color set of suits might be freaked out by Chaeyeon’s friendliness. Working in the corporate world taught Chaeyeon to always being on guard while minding her line while dealing with others. It’s draining, yes but somewhat entertaining observing people who put on several masks in the office. As she is busy minding her own business, a loud clanking can be heard before the light totally wiped out from the elevator, making Chaeyeon jumped on her spot.

“Oh darn, don’t tell me there is an electric shortage today?”

The pretty executive cursed as she brought out her smartphone and enabling the torchlight before trying to push the emergency bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter