004: Somewhat Acquittances

Tangled String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 "I think you should tell Mr. Song about Yeseul's fight with Hanbin and his friends." Roni said as she walked through the school hallways with Minwoo in toe. Roni knew that Yeseul would try to sweep this all under the rug, but the thing was; you can't just let a rival gang mess with you with no repercussions. It just didn't work like that. "If they corner her again she might not be so lucky." 

Minwoo sighed, "I'll stop by headquarters after school today--speaking of Yeseul, what is with her and Taehyung?" He asked, "Hansol and I were talking about it, and we were both pretty sure she really didn't like him." Minwoo is Yeseul's best friend, but he knew she didn't tell him everything. Maybe Roni would know more than he did. 

 Roni twisted her lips, "I'm...not sure. But, I think something else happened during the whole Hanbin fiasco that she's not telling us about." Minwoo thought about it for a minute, what on earth could have happened to make Yeseul actually talk to one of those guys? 

Roni sighed, "I gotta stop by the music club, let me know what Mr. Song says later?"  Minwoo gave her a thumbs up, having only somewhat heard what Roni said. His attention had been stolen the second a pretty head of blonde hair came into his sight. Lee Soeun walked down the hallway, winking at him as she passed by. Minwoo smiled to himself, taking his phone out and opening her contact in his phone. 

Sent to: Soeun<3

 What if one of your little 'bodyguards' would have seen that?

He shoved his phone in his pocket, turning around and walking in the same direction as Soeun did. Just as he turned a corner down an empty hallway, she stepped out in front of him. "Wonho's in class, and I ditched Mingyu as soon as his friends cornered him." She said with a bright smile. 

"What's the point in having Bodyguards if you're just going to run from them all day?" Minwoo asked, knocking his girlfriend on the head. Soeun grabbed his hand, interlacing it with her own. 

"It's not like I need them, my grandfather's just paranoid. He's basically the opposite of your grandfather." She sounded exhausted as she spoke. 

Minwoo laughed, "Imagine his reaction when he finds out you're dating me-" Soeun shook her head, cutting him off. 

"I did that once, and that was one too many times." She let go of his hand, "I should go before Mingyu catches up." She gave him a sad look as they bid good-bye. When Minwoo was left alone in the now empty hallway, he couldn't help but run a hand through his hair. When did his life become so confusing?

~~~~~~

Roni tiredly pulled her hair out of the ponytail she'd been keeping it in, as she walked into the music club's classroom, which was located in the main building. On days when she didn't have work, she'd spend most of after school here. The door shut behind her as her hands fell back down to her sides. At first glance, the room appeared empty, but as she flung her bag onto the couch they kept in here,  she noticed small movements from the corner of her eyes. "Oh my goodness!" She yelped, holding her hand to her heart as she looked at the boy who was currently standing up on the small stage. 

"H-hi." Jungkook stuttered, his face seemed to have grown three shades of red during the time Roni had been looking at him. It didn't help when she started walking up to the stage, eyes not leaving him. 

"It's been a while." She said, stopping just in front of him. 

Jungkook seemed to finally compose himself as he spoke, "You did tell me to act like you don't exist." He wasn't sure if the bitterness was coming through in his face, but it seemed likely. 

Roni smiled, "You're a good listener," she looked around the otherwise empty room. "Why are you here?" As far as she knew, Jungkook wasn't a member of the club, and keep in mind she would have noticed. 

"I was here with the prez, but he left a few minutes ago." Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck, "He's been trying to get me to join the club for a while now." He explained, sheepish as always. 

Roni looked at him, scrutiny in her eyes, "And?" 

He looked back at her, confusion flashing on his face momentarily, "Oh, am I going to join?" She nodded, "I'm not s-sure yet." He almost slapped himself for stuttering again, but how could he help it when she was looking at him like that? "I'm not good at performing in front of others, but Yoongi keeps asking me to, so I probably will." 

Roni almost chuckled, "You're an enigma, you know that?" Afterall, how could someone who lacked confidence so badly, have had the nerve to step in that day?

Jungkook didn't know how to respond to that, so instead he gave her a pressed smile as he edged towards the exit. He didn't want to leave, but he wasn't sure how much longer he could handle her stare. He picked his backpack up off the ground, looking at the door, then at Roni, then back to the door, "I'll see- no," he stopped himself, "bye." He finally settled on the simple word as he quickly waved then darted out of the room.

"What a weirdo..." She muttered to the empty room as she looked at the door. That was the second time she's spoken to him since the incident, or as she calls it: the day of her one and only mistake. She'd successfully followed the rule of putting work first until that day, but of course; the one time she let herself have a little freedom, everything had to go wrong. Jungkook was just an innocent bystander, who wanted to play the hero...

 

The constant buzzing of her phon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter