003: A Deal Is Made

Tangled String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Oh my goodness, what the heck happened to you!?" Roni ran up to me as I entered our shared apartment. I winced as her hand landed on my cheek, causing me to wack her hand away by instinct. Luckily she understood I didn't do it out of bad intent. "I thought you were just at the library!"

"Can you lower your voice, the loud music gave me a headache." I walked past her. Right now the only thing on my mind was how thirsty I was. The amount of psychical exertion  I'd just been through was ridiculous. It wouldn't have been so bad, if It hadn't taken me an extra forty minutes to get home. Usually it was only a fifteen minute walk from my apartment to campus; but since I decided to be conscious and go out of my way in order not to run into Hanbin and his boys, I'd ended up taking a lot longer. But, considering I hadn't ran into them, I think it was well worth it in the end. 

Roni followed closely behind me as I grabbed a cup, I could tell she was waiting (impatiently, might I add) for an explanation. After downing a full glass of water, I wiped the excess from my lips and turned to her. "I ran into a subunit of the Three Butterflies."

"What!? What in the world did they want with you?" She looked more shaken up than I was. "How many of them were there? How'd you get away so clean?" She really should see the giant bruise I can feel forming on my side.

"From the sounds of it, somebody spread some false rumors about me." I tapped the glass in my hand. "There were seven, I ended up having to run into some party to get away from them." I left out the encounter with Kim Taehyung on purpose--the last thing I need is for Roni to tell Minwoo, who would then give me a three hour lecture about how we need to stay on the down low, and telling anyone anything could cause a chain reaction I can't even begin to imagine. I rolled my eyes at the thought of it, he had a knack for being over dramatic. 

"Why would someone target you like that?" Roni asked, turning to open one of our kitchen cabinets. "If anything you'd think they'd set up somebody weaker." She said as she pulled out the first aid kit, and took a seat in front of me. 

All I could do was shrug, "Probably someone who's ticked off I beat them up." Most guys really do seem to throw hissy fits when a small female beats them up, but they have no problem beating up a girl. 

"You should mention this to headquarters, it could start causing problems if we let people think they can spread rumors like that." Roni said as she began cleaning the cuts that littered my face and knuckles. Roni joined the gang after I did, she joined a couple months after me, but before Hansol. Ever since then we've gotten along well, sometimes it felt like we were what kept each other going; the same goes with the boys. I'd say meeting all of them and forming Y.M.H.R unit is the only good thing to have happened to me. But, maybe that was just my inner pessimism showing itself. 

"I might, if it gets worse." I told her. She opened , as if to retort, but instead she closed it back and continued covering up the cuts on my hands. I couldn't help but let my mind flutter back to the encounter with Kim Taehyung. I still don't understand what that boy thinks he's doing trying to blackmail me. I would never allow anybody to do that to me, especially not one of those guys. Kim Taehyung was the worst of the lot, maybe I'd be more willing to play along if it was one of his little friends. Though I can't deny that he seemed a tad bit entertaining... "Done." Roni said, pulling me out of my thoughts. "You should get some sleep." She patted my shoulder before heading out of the kitchen. 

I looked down at the plasters on my hands. How was I going to clean this mess up? 

~~~~~~

                                                           !The story will continue in third person p.o.v! (I know this is a random time to switch it up sorry!)

 

Yeseul ruffled her messy bangs as she looked in her full length mirror. She wore a pair of black trousers, with a thick strapped, cropped, black tank top, which she topped with an oversized button up (that she left ed) and a cap. The unfortunate thing about her job--well one of the things--was that she had to be ready for a fight at any time. That was proven after yesterday's encounter with Hanbin and his posse. If she'd been wearing some tight skirt or dress, she would have been screwed. Restricting her flexibility could easily put her in a bad position; yes she was tall, but when up against a man 5'10 and above, she was put at a very unfair disadvantage. So, in order to better cope with that, she often went the baggy route when it came to clothing. Her  fluffy hair always fell messily a few inches beneath her shoulders, her bangs a bit too long liked to obscure her vision. Her hair was more troublesome than her outfits had ever been. 

"Are you ready yet?" She heard Roni call from somewhere in the apartment. Yeseul grabbed her purse from her bed, before leaving her room. She found Roni in the foyer, hopping around as she attempted to put her sneakers on while standing up. "There you are, we're gonna be late because of you." Roni complained, finally standing up straight and pushing her hair out of her face.

Yeseul scrunched her nose up, "I never said you had to wait for me." She was more than capable of getting to school alone, but she knew after yesterday's events Roni wasn't going to leave her side. 

"You never told me not to~" Roni pointed out with a smirk, "Plus, I prefer walking with someone." She said as she pulled the door open. Yeseul rolled her head around, not surprised by Roni's attempt to make excuses for her actions. Both girls walked a bit faster than usual, both their eyes cautiously darting around every so often. Neither of them were scared of Hanbin showing up, if they were together they had no doubt they'd be able to take those guys; but if someone from school caught them in a...situation...it would get far too out of hand. So, for now it was better to be cautious and avoid Hanbin. 

Yeseul's mind wouldn't stay on just that though, instead she kept thinking of the other situation she was in. Kim Taehyung was certainly classifiable as a problem. She's yet to decide how to handle him; does she just give in and have some fun for a bit? Or, does she find a way to shut him up? She didn't want to deal with a kid who was cle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter