001: The Team

Tangled String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kim Taehyung; notorious good boy with bad habits. He parties, he's known to drink a bit more than he should, which sometimes ends up with a few disagreements. But, despite those blemishes, he's a straight A student with a bright future ahead of him as soon as he gets out of this place. Too bad he still has some time to kill before then. He wasn't the best at understanding how others perceived him. Whereas he thought himself to be easy-going with a comfortable number of friends around him; others see him as a snobby rich boy,  who can do no wrong in the eyes of the academic advisors. It left him with an odd amount of fans, and people who couldn't stand him. Though, the latter group was small, and as far as he knew nobody really cared what he did, they just didn't want to have a part in it. Really, it was too bad his life was so mundane. Sometimes he just begged in his head for someone to start something with him. 

If only he knew how exciting his life would become. All it took was him crossing paths with a rather...harsh girl. 

~

"Yeseul, behind you!" I heard Minwoo call from somewhere farther down the alley. I immediately turned, swooping down, I could practically feel the man's fist sore through the air where my head had been moments before. I pulled my leg back and front kicked him right in the abdomen, making him fold over. I sent a round kick to the side of his head, making sure he'd be disorientated enough that I could move on to the man who was running towards me from the left. I moved my head, dodging the punch. I took his moment of confusion to send my own punch straight into his face. He grabbed his nose, an anguished sound leaving his mouth as blood started seeping through the cracks of his fingers. Of course, I couldn't stop there, because he'd recuperate too soon if I did. So, I took a step closer, and used my hands to lower his head into my knee. He crumpled to the ground, clearly in pain. My tongue grazed my bleeding lip, I had to stop myself from gagging at the taste. No matter how many times my lip gets cut, it's still just as uncomfortable. But, it was also one of the easiest injuries to have an excuse for. I can just simply tell my concerned professors that 'I accidentally fell and bit it.' And they'd be none the wiser. 

I looked around the alley, there were only three other people standing. "Did you find the papers?" I asked Minwoo as I walked towards him, kicking a rock at one of the men who'd I'd knocked out at the beginning of the fight. The other two walked over to join Minwoo and I. 

"Right here," he said, holding up a couple pieces of paper with a staple holding them together. "Though, I'm still not sure why it's so important." He said, moving his hand to flick through the pages. I quickly snatched it from him, sending him a smirk. 

"I'm pretty sure we were told that it's confidential." Hansol pouted at me from the side, but I ignored it. 

Roni scoffed beside me, "You're just saying that because you already know what it is, you don't have curiosity eating away at you." 

I shrugged, tucking the paper under my ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter