Cover

Remember Us

You feel better after sleep about 24 hours. You decided to go back to the studio for continuing your project with Day6.

You pigtails your hair, use a comfortable grey sweater, jeans, and black converse high.

You ride your car to the studio without hesitation. Prepared your mental to tell everything to your boyfriend.

You arrived at the studio in the early morning. You saw Jae in the Studio.

"Morning, Jae. How long you've been here?" You greeted him.

"Since last night. Feeling better already?"

"It's good after having enough sleep."

He nodded and still busy with his guitar and write melodies. You were just thinking randomly and asked him.

"Jae, should we fly to California? It's been 2 years since the last time we came. Don't you miss your family? because I missed the western food."

"Our schedule is very hectic with the promotion. I'll tell you if there is a free slot. A week is enough I guess."

"Hectic schedule means you gained more money, huh? First-class or private jet treats then. A week is better than never."

"Agree. I don't wanna lower my revenue, economy class is fine for me."

"Jezz, I hate your revenue theory, Jae. By the way, I want to tell you something... I have a boyfriend. Finally."

"Brian?"

"How did you found out."

"Ok, then it's confirmed!. Oh, we can see everything clearly,  Y/N. The way he glared at you, the way he jealous of me. Have you told him about us? just for avoiding a future misunderstanding."

"I don't know which part do I have to start to tell him."

"It's quite embarrassing isn't it? We were friends, dating for a year, and tragically become a secretly best friend. 

"It's not tragic if.."

"Hey, hey, don't start. I don't wanna argue with you today. I can move on but I can't find the right girl."

"You mean, Jamie doesn't count as a girl?"

"Jezzz, I forgot that she's my ex"

"She has a y image after broke up with you."

"I don't know why being y is become her choice. I just kinda can't accept it."

"It's a women's right for being y, Jae."

"Why don't you try it?"

"I won't. Never. You have to find another girl, Jae."

"Why getting hurt if you can be rich."

"What a deep philosophy, master Jae."

"Thank you, Ex."

Your phone vibrates. Your boyfriend is calling.

"Babe, are you in the studio already?" He asked.

"Yes, I am. Are you on your way home?"

"No, I am on my way to you."

You opened the door and you can see he runs toward you.

"Babe." He hugged and kissed your forehead.

"Hey, don't be aggressive. We are at the office." You whispered.

"I can't handle myself when it comes to you. It's still early morning, no one is here, Babe."

"Younghyun-a, Jae hyung is here." Jae screamed from inside the studio.

He shocked when he heard Jae from the inside and murmuring to you "What?". You hold his hand and lead him inside the studio. He confused.

"Jae, please meet my new boyfriend, Brian." Jae sat on the chair, put down his guitar, and put off his headphone.

 "What an awkward situation, Y/N. Brian, look, honestly, I'm happy for both of you. Don't make me your rival or something. Me and Y/N are just a friend and the possibility for me to getting back to her is 0%. Please take care of her. I know you better than I am and I think I talking too much right now. I guess I need to leave both of you here and buy some coffee. Let me hug you, Bro." Jae explained intensely. 

They've hugged in not more than 2 seconds. 

"Oh my God. This is a very awkward situation. Jae, I don't mean to.. I won't.. well, thank you."

Brian was very confused. His eyes keep blinking and he keeps his hair. 

"You're welcome, Bro."

Jae patted brian's shoulder and left the studio.

"What a surprise, Y/N! Just tell me everything."

You both sit on the couch. You tried to manage your breath and start to tell the story.

"You know I was in California to study in college. I met Jae because we are in the same class. We were friends and felt comfortable with each other especially for music things. We decided to move into a relationship. Things were beautiful in the beginning but he was very overprotective and that always be our basic material for argue. One day, we were practice together but in the middle of the practice we argued and he was so mad. He threw away his water bottle and the water spilled over my keyboard. I was panicked and tried to turn it on but it didn't work. I got very emotional, so I took the scissors, and cut his guitar's strings. You know, the keyboard is everything for me and it was my first 88 keys keyboard. You know how expensive it was. We never talked about a month after that until he came to me asking for apologies and so am I. We forgive each other and decided not in a relationship anymore cause we realized it was a toxic relationship and...here we are now..comfortable for being friends."

You found your boyfriend freeze in front of you with his lips opened and speechless. 

"You are dangerous, babe." He commented.

"It was pretty chaotic back then. We're not let anyone knows because it was really embarrassing and also it's because of the company rules."

"Just don't cut off my guitar, Babe." He laughed.

"I won't if you're not going to spill any water on my keyboard." You chuckled.

"Are you still love him?"

"Of course no, Brian."

"Good. That's all I need."

"That's all? Great!"

"We need to take a selfie, Babe. We never do that before." He took his phone in front of you and him. "Say cheese." He said.

"Cheese." You said it and he kissed your cheek and pressed the selfie button.

"Wow, that's kinda surprising."

"Happy 100 days, Babe." 

"Wow, 100 days already? I hope we can together for a long time."

"I will make your hope come true."

You smiled and can't help the butterflies on your stomach to keep moving.