Goodbye Winter

Remember Us

You were in the studio to prepared more songs. Wonpil and Jae will join you today while Brian, Dowoon, and Sungjin have other things to do. You were super busy until you put the hanging board Do not disturb in front of the studio.

You heard someone's knocked on the door.

"Noona, may I coming?" Wonpil called you.

"Yes." You replied.

Wonpil entered the studio with his bright smile, black sweater, jeans, and red converse high shoes. His perfume smell like soft vanilla that you can feel even you are a meter away from him.

"Hey, how was the MV shoot?." You greeted him.

"Seems fine. It's quite fast since it only took 3 days. Noona, have you eat? Jae hyung will join us soon, he's on the coffee shop right now."

"I don't even remember the last time I eat. By the way, what day is it? Wonpil, please help me out with these mastering things, it's almost done, just need a little touch from you and Jae. I think I need to take a rest for a while." You stand and give the seat to Wonpil while you move to the back couch and tried to take a rest. You forgot the last time you eat and sleep. You forgot what day is it. You forgot to text your boyfriend. You forgot everything.

"It's Sunday, Noona. Sure, take your time."

"Ah, Sunday already? Time moving too fast." You confused.

You checked your phone and it's turned off, you forgot the last time you charged it. You put the charge on it and turn it on quickly.

"Jae is in the house yo~, how was your day Y/N? your eyes look like a panda that not sleep for a whole year." Jae entered the studio and bring the americanos and sandwiches.

Jae came to the studio with his blonde hair, his grandpa glasses, red hoodie, black jeans, and his slip-on.

"It was terrible, chicken Jae." You replied while you lay on the couch and close your eyes.

"Respekt! I know PD-nim life is hard. You should become an idol instead. Here are your coffee and sandwich." Jae offered.

"Just put it on the table, I want to sleep for a while." You responded and tried to sleep.

"Take your time, I'll taking care of the rest with Wonpil. Let's get it, Wonpil!"

"Yaaaaa... our song will be legit, Hyung. You have to hear this. This is so awesome." Wonpil gives the headphone to Jae.

"Of course, Day6 will never make a bad song." Jae replied and used the headphone.

"Hyung, don't you smell something fishy..like.." Wonpil smells something fishy and tried to figure out the source and he found your nose bleed.

"Blood! Noona!." Wonpil tried to find a tissue for you and patted Jae's shoulder quickly.

"Jae hyung, help me!" He screamed.

You're not realized the blood is running from your nose while you were sleeping.

Jae runs to you, grabbed his americano, puts the water off and takes the ice to put into his handkerchief, and then puts it on your nose and switched with Wonpil.

"Wonpil, could you please help me to make a hot tea for her." Jae ordered Wonpil. Jae helped you to sit and he continued to protest you while Wonpil went out from the studio to make you a hot tea. You and Jae are not realized that Brian already in front of the door studio.

"Jezzz Y/N, I got you. I got you. Oh My, you have a fever too. You know what Y/N, this is that I hate the most from you. How long you've been in the studio? Don't tell me you're not coming home since we left for the MV Shoot?" Jae assumed.

You can't answer but you give a sign 3 days with your finger.

"Bet you're not sleeping in the past 3 days. It feels like Deja Vu, Y/N"

"Hey, don't tell me that."

"It was 5 years ago, I think."

"6." You corrected him.

"You were in semester exams, tried to understand the statistic things and you're not sleeping for 4 days. I was shocked and carried you to the hospital and all you do in the hospital were sleeping in straight 24 hours like a hibernating squirrel." Jae chuckled when told you his most nostalgic memory.

"Hey, I was a political science student back then. How could I understand statistics!"

"Why didn't you asked me? I can teach you. I was your boyfriend back then, all you have to do is ask me."

"I was too embarrassed. Please stop those nostalgic things, Jae. People might hear us."

"No one here, just you and me. See, the bleeding stops. I know how to handle you very well." He took off the ice compress from your nose.

"Thank you, Jae. You are the best ex-boyfriend ever."

"You never think about me as a man anymore, don't you? For me, you are still my best winter ever."

"The best answer is no, Jae. You have to say goodbye to your old winter."

"It means we're not going back together again, huh?"

"Definitely we're not going back together, Jae."

"I can't argue with that.... Wait, why does Wonpil taking so long for a cup of tea? let me check him." He went out to found Wonpil. He opened the door and saw Brian stand in front of him and shocked.

"Jezzz Brian, you freak me out!"

"So, you and Y/N were dating 6 years ago?" Brian asked intensely to Jae.

"You've heard that?" Jae confused.

"I can hear everything clearly, Jae."

"I think it's not a big deal for you, those are only part of my past. Just don't tell to anybody else. Deal?"

"Deal." Brian simply replied.

Jae patted Brian's shoulder and left the studio.

You hope you can escape instantly from the awkward situation between you, Jae, and Brian. Brian walked towards you with another disappointed face.

"I think another mystery from you has been revealed. Why don't you tell me earlier? I think we have to reveal our relationship to the all members." He sat next to you and tried to manage his anger.

You can't explain the details to your boyfriend. You felt guilty.

"You don't need to explain to me now. Maybe tomorrow when you feel better. I will drive you home now." He continued.

"Brian.. I am so sorry about all of these."

"I don't want you to think about us right now, you just have to think about your health. That's your first priority for now. Let's go. Here." Brian opened his jacket and put it into you. You walked to the parking lot with him.

He opened the car's door and put the seat belt for you as usual but he can't hide his frustrated face.

You felt too weak to speak. You can't help it and falling asleep in his car.

You arrived at your apartment. For the first time, he wakes you up from your sleep. He opened the door and bend over to reach you and cupped your cheeks.

"Babe, we arrived."

You opened your eyes. "Are you not mad at me?"

"A little. I still trying to understand the situation right now. Come on, I'll walk you to the apartment." He held your hand to lead you to your place, pressed the passcode, and opened the door for you.

"Here's your medicine, supplements, and your meal. Make sure to take the medicine and the meal before you sleep." He handed over the medicine and meals to you and kissed your forehead.

You hugged him.

"I promise to tell you everything when I get better."

"You have to. I have to go now, I have a schedule in an hour."

"Thank you, Brian."

"See you soon, Babe."

"Bye."

You closed the door with tears on your face. You felt guilty for hiding all the truth from him. You should tell him earlier but you afraid of losing him if he knew the truth that you and Jae were more than a best friend in the past.