Chapter 6: Girl Of His Life

Rewind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Girl Of His Life
At a bench.

Sylvia was listening to Wayne while he started to share about the girl of his life.

"She is the kindest girl I ever met..." Wayne's eyes were full of gentleness as he talks about her. Sylvia was a little envious about this girl who captured his heart.

"I first met her in a singing session. She was singing all the sad love songs because she was having issues with her boyfriend. I almost thought she had depression. 

After that, I happened to bump into her and her boyfriend in Central, so I helped her out. I realized our workplace are nearby so I asked her out for lunch almost everyday. I told her about Cosmo, she told me about her boyfriend. I told her to break up with him, since he's making her unhappy. After a few talks, she finally listened to me and broke up with her boyfriend. I know she was barely surviving after her breakup, so I stayed with her. As long as she needs me, I will be there for her. 

Right when she's alive and hopping again, I noticed my best friend have feelings for her. I knew my best friend will be good to her, so I decided to be his wingman.

Whenever I tried to ask her for a meal, I'll ask my best friend along. Whenever we are alone, I'll promote him to her. This continued until she told me that she rejected him, and the person she likes is me... Whatever I did before, was hurting her badly. She told me to stop, and she wanted to cut me off from her life. This was the first time I lost her..."

'This story seemed familiar...' Sylvia thought to herself as Wayne was sharing his story.

"I honestly don't know what to do. I have always seen her as a sister. I never expect anything more than that. Her confession was a surprise. For the subsequent three months, I have been holding myself back from texting her. It became a habit to look at her name in my phone everyday, wondering if she's okay.

Until one day, she finally texted me for a meal. I reached the place an hour earlier just in case she got lost. The moment I see her again, I felt like the three months wait was worth it." Wayne smiled as he recalled that scene at Kim's Noodles, where the girl ran towards him and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter