The first for everything

Begin Again

It had been almost 2 weeks since Jiwon last saw her. Being a celebrity did not help his dating life as he had to comply with his busy schedule. Within this week, he had to attend a few meetings for Sechskies' upcoming comeback and a number of love calls from the variety shows' producers. Dara was no exception. Although she is currently not active as a singer, her schedule was filled with musical and variety shows. Despite their busy schedules, they still tried to squeeze their time to see each other. If it was not at Jiwon's house, they would meet at Dara's house. It would be hard for them to be seen together outside as it would captivate the paparazzi's eyes. Both of them are still active idols and dating news would be a ruckus even though they are now at the phase where most people of their age would be married and have kids.

Dara said one day she would like to go camping with him so this week for their date Jiwon planned to bring his camping gear and drove his car to the camping site. The camping site was quite far from the main city, 2 hours drive but it was all worth it. This would be the first time for them to spend their time overnight together, alone. Most of the works were done by Jiwon, from setting up the tent to the camping chairs and the mini portable kitchen, all were done by Jiwon for their 2 days 1 night stay. Jiwon was indeed reliable. He took care of most of the things since he had pretty much experienced in that field, thanks to the uncountable numbers of sleeping outdoor in 2 days 1 night show. 

During the camping, Dara was in charge as the main chef in preparing their food and Jiwon was the assistant. Their dinner was pretty much simple but fulfilling budae-jjigae. Despite having not many ingredients, the taste was still delicious that Jiwon kept on refilling his bowl. They brought their camping chairs around the fire, sitting side by side while enjoying the night scenery. The night was peaceful with the sounds of crickets accompanying them with their singing. 

"Oppa, isn't he cute?" she showed him a picture of a kid wearing blue raincoats while holding an umbrella in her purse. Jiwon smiled. It was a picture of him.

"Where did you get this?" he asked. 

"I bought your photobook," said Dara, adoring the picture of baby Jiwon.

"Why didn't you ask it from me? I could give you the copies," he said. In fact, he did plan to give her the photobooks later.

Dara shook her head. She was proud of herself since she bought Jiwon 20th Solo Anniversary Photobook by herself. "Can you please sign my photobook later on, Eun Jiwon-nim?" she playfully . 

Jiwon hesitated for a while before he slowly took her hand into his, clasping their hands together before their fingers interlocked. Jiwon looked away. He could not bear to look into her eyes. He was shy to show this side of him, the side that he never showed to anyone after Soo Yeon. 

"Thank you, for everything. I am sorry I took this long to go to you," he meant it. "I was actually intimidated at first when you confessed your feelings. I was like 'what is this... why would she like me?'" he paused. "I am a man with baggage, so I did not expect anyone would accept me..."

"Stop it," Dara quickly cut him from finishing his words. It hurt her so much whenever Jiwon thought of him that way or making him sound worthless. "I like you because you are you. Also please don't downgrade yourself again. You're more than that." She held his hand firmly before she continued. "So while we're talking about it... when did you realize that you like me? Is it during the video star?"

He shook his head. "No. It was way before that."

"When was that?" Her eyes rounded, seeking confirmation. 

"I am not going to tell you." He playfully . Dara pretended to be angry and started tickling him. Jiwon laughed so hard that he had to beg her to stop. 

Dara brought their hands forward. His hand was almost twice bigger than hers. She still could not believe that the man that she had been crushing all those while would reciprocate her feelings. The three words 'I like you' still felt like a dream and dating him was beyond her imagination. Dating him was fun. She could see the caring side of him. He was no doubt a gentleman in real life.

"It feels like a dream," she said. Jiwon took out his hand from his jacket to cup her face and gave a quick peck on the corner of her lips. "Does it still feel like a dream?" he asked. 

"That is the first." Dara was surprised but she could not hide her smile. 

"What?" Jiwon puzzled. 

"Kiss." Dara covered her lips, feeling shy.

Jiwon smiled as he took her hand away from her face. He brought his face closer to her. "From now on you don't have to count it anymore."

He cupped her face in his hands, gently pulling her closer towards him for another kiss. He started with a slow and gentle kiss, giving her lips a light pressure before devouring hers, as he had been longing to do so all those while. Jiwon did not want their first kiss to be too hard but just enough for both of them to remember for a long time. 

Her lips trembled when their lips first in contact. There was a tingling sensation that she could not explain with words. She had been wondering all those while about the feeling of being kissed by him and she could finally give an answer to that. It was good. It was good that she slowly closed her eyes, trusting him to guide her with the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck and unknowingly, her lips parted their own way as if it was giving Jiwon permission to ignite for a deeper connection in their relationship. 

And that night was indeed the first time for everything.

 

*****

 

Jiwon was on his way out of his house. He was already late. He had to go to the studio today for Sechskies' new album's recording. He blamed the alarm for not waking him up on time. He wore a simple black T and brown shorts. Simple but were not enough to hide his good look. He took out his keys and wore his Givenchy's slippers before rushing out of the house. His jaw dropped as he saw a familiar face that he would never expect to see again when he opened the door. His chest was pounding like crazy. He was half terrified half concerned. "What happened?" he asked. He looked at her face. Her face was red as she was crying. 

"Jiwon-ah~" she called him. She put her face onto his chest. Jiwon had no choice but to pet her back to calm her down. "I am really sorry, Jiwon-ah." She could not stop crying. 

 

*****

 

Dara walked out from YG Entertainment building to go to her car. Her manager told her to wait since he forgot the car keys upstairs. She took out her phone to monitor her performance during the musical and took notes on things to improve for the next performance. 

"Unni, are you dating Jiwon oppa?"

Dara was surprised when she saw a girl in a school uniform standing in front of her. She knew she had seen the uniform somewhere before. She tried to look at her nametag but none. The girl must have it hidden already. 'Also, how did she know that she is dating Jiwon?' she wondered.

 "Who are you?" Dara asked while maintaining her composure. She could feel her heart thumping. It was fast enough to let her know how nervous she was but still managed to force herself a smile. 

"You thought Jiwon oppa already get over Soo Yeon unni, aren't you?" she asked. "I know more than you know."

"Jiwon oppa still cannot get over her." the girl continued. "Nope, he will never get over her. Oppa loves Soo Yeon unni way too much."

Dara gulped as she heard Jiwon's ex-wife name. Jiwon had never talked about his ex-wife to her, she found out herself from the internet. 'Who is this girl and why did she claim to know a lot of things about Jiwon?' she wondered.

"Yahhh, who are you???" Both of them were startled by the scream from Dara's manager. 

"Why don't you just break up with him? You might get hurt later." The girl before she quickly left the place. Dara's manager tried to catch her but failed.

Her manager quickly walked to Dara, asking if she was okay while catching his breath. She nodded but stumbled while walking towards her car. She was indeed scared. This was the first time that she ever encountered this kind of experience. 

"Do you know her?" he asked. Dara shook her head. It was her first time meeting her. "Oh, maybe a sasaeng fan." Her manager made a guess. 

A small frown creased her forehead. 'Jiwon oppa has a sasaeng fan?'

 

*****

 

Dara could not sleep that night. She could not deny the fact that she was affected by the high school girl's words. All of a sudden she felt insecure about their relationship. What if what she said was true? That Jiwon still could not forget his ex-wife. What if Jiwon just used her feelings?

'Stupid,' she mumbled. Wasn't she the one who agreed to this? Wasn't she the one who willing to help Jiwon to overcome his fear? You reap what you sow, Dara. You were the one who wanted to get into this mess so you have to accept the consequence. Even if the consequence meant Jiwon did not love you.

She tossed around the bed, trying to get to sleep but woke up to the sound of her phone's notification. It was one o'clock in the morning, who could possibly text her this late? 

Jiwon: Are you sleeping?

She stared at her phone, letting herself some space to think before finally giving him a reply.

Dara: Not yet. Why?

Jiwon: I just miss you.

Jiwon: Can I call you?

She pressed the call button and it was connected in an instant.

"Annyeong~ What are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing. I am just tossing aroung, trying to sleep." 

"Oh.. did I disturb you?"

"Nope. I miss you too. Oppa, what are you doing tomorrow?" she asked. 

"Tomorrow? I might have recording in the afternoon. But I am free in the morning."

His words sounded pretty much like an invitation.

"Do you want to have breakfast together tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure. Do you want me to pick you up?" he replied.

"No, it's fine. I want to buy some groceries first before coming over."

She suddenly recalled the questions that had been lingering in her mind. She wondered if she should just ask him. Since the past few months after their relationship, Jiwon in fact had never talked about his ex-wife so she did not bother to ask. What if Jiwon did not like it if she suddenly brings up the topic? But there was no harm in asking, or else she might be bothered for the rest of her life. 

"Oppa... can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead. What is it?"

"About Soo..."

Jiwon quickly cut her off before she could finish her question. She knew Jiwon did not mean to do so. He said he got an urgent call from his family so he had to hang up. 

'Seems like it is going to be a long night,' she released a deep sigh. 

 

*****

 

Dara was there standing at the corner. She was on her way to Jiwon's place when she saw an unfamiliar lady coming out from Jiwon's house. 'Who is she?' she wondered. She looked somewhat familiar but she could not exactly remember where she might have seen her. Jiwon patted the lady's back before he gave her a hug. The hug looked way too friendly. Was she jealous? Angry? She could not determine how she felt right now. 

"Oppa?"

At that moment, two pairs of eyes turned simultaneously to look at her.