Chapter FOUR: Wingman

Fanmade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung kept looking at her phone, she was not going to lose another flash sale again. Yes, she was the brand ambassador of YSL and yes, she was able to afford more than ten bags from the luxury brand with her own money, but there was something from guitar’s that simply reminded her of being a kid and saving money to buy her instruments. In an attempt to maintain a normal aspect in her life (and a little of her past), she’d refused to buy a guitar in a popstar type of way; instead Chaeyoung would search for the best flash sales amongst every music store in Seoul, and right now one of those was about to take place. She kept refreshing the site, the thrill of waiting filling her body. And just as that, the sale started. Her mind was only focused in clicking the bottoms, selecting the quantity, inserting her information and finalizing the purchase: her heart skipped a beat. Suddenly, the Inkigayo waiting room staff got startled by a high pitched scream that was heard even at the stage.

“YES!!!!! WE DID IT!!! I NEVER DOUBTED YOU DEAR FINGERS!!!” she said to herself while looking at her palms and moving her fingers up in the air, almost venerating them. She kept looking in awe at her fingers, almost crying out of happiness, when she eventually realized everyone was looking at her like a weirdo. She lifted her facemask, turned to the couch and stopped moving when she heard a loud scream:

“CHAEYOUNG-AAAA!!!! WHAT DID I TELL ABOUT SCREAMING WHEN I’M FILMING!!!! UGHHH JINGJAAA!!”, Jisoo said loudly and exploding both her words and arms.

“Unnie… You are screaming right now… I don’t know how to interpret you scolding me about something you are doing…”, Chaeyoung said with every word going one note lower than the previous one.

“Don’t try me smarty pants…” she stopped for a second and carried on, “But I guess you are right… bahahahahaha” Jisoo told her with an evident change in mood.

“How was the show, unnie?” Chaeyoung said as she took Jisoo’s arm and gently guided her tired unnie to the comfortable couch.

“Well you know that I obviously don’t have a hard time doing my part but others… do” she said as she pointed with her eyes to the other dressing room of her co-hosts. “I guess not everyone has Jisoo’s talent!” the older girl continued as she stood up and began taking off her high heels.

“That is very right, unnie. There is only one Jisoo” she said while crossing her arms, lifting her chin and closing the eyes, evidently proud of her big sis.

“Thank you, Chaeyoung-aaa. Did you manage to get your hands on that ‘beautiful guitar’ you mentioned earlier”, jisoo said while changing her clothes in the back room.

Chaeyoung’s eyes began to shine like they were stars: “Oh yes, unnie!! All of that hard practice with you and your videogames this week really paid off, my thumbs didn’t hesitate and knew exactly what to do. Yokshhi, jjang!” Chaeyoung said as she kept turning like a ballerina. Jisoo took a peak outside her dressing area with a smug look on her face, she knew she was an awesome teacher.

“Thank you for staying up until now, Chaeyoung-a. It feels really nice to have someone to talk to after my show. Is Lisa ok? She said she was going to come…” Jisoo said as she approached a worried looking Chaeyoung.

“Yeah, she’s fine. She’s just a little tired, she practiced her new choreography all day. She’s very busy right now… she needs to rest but she refuses to leave if the choreography is not perfect” Chaeyoung said while shrugging her shoulders and tilting her head, almost saying with her gestures ‘what can we do?’.

“I suppose you are right. I wish she wasn’t so hard on herself. Which reminds me… YOU ARE ALSO VERY HARD ON YOURSELF!” the older unnie said as she threw a ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter