Birthday Girl

A House of All Sorts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yah! She’ll bite our heads off!” Sechan complained as he and Kwangsoo tried to open the door to Ji Hyo’s bedroom.

 

Today was their favorite and the only noona that they have on the show, Song Ji Hyo, birthday and the day after Jaesuk’s. Jaesuk’s birthday was postponed to next week’s celebration as their schedules had not met each other as much as they liked but next week’s instead. It was early in the morning, it was highly unlikely that their noona is awake at this moment but the breakfast in bed that they were about to serve her should do the trick.

 

Upon opening the door to her bedroom, it was empty. The bed was made and clean, as the rest of the room is. Kwangsoo confusingly walked around the bedroom, his head peeking in on the walk-in closet that she shared with Somin while Sechan tried to knock on the bathroom door. “She’s not here,” He said after knocking on the door several times.

 

“Not here either,” Kwangsoo shrugged. “We’re dead if she went home to her brother’s place, maybe her mother is there.”

 

“Aniya, I heard noona and Jong Kook hyung the other day that her parents aren’t coming over for her birthday.” Sechan gossiped, beckoning him closer and out of Ji Hyo’s bedroom. Just in time, they saw Jong Kook walking in the hallway and was about to go down the stairs. “Hyung! Do you know where Ji Hyo noona is?”

 

Jong Kook raised his eyebrow, “Is that for Ji Hyo?” He pointed to the miniature bed table that Sechan was holding and the handful of plates that Kwangsoo held. “She’s still asleep on my bed.” Ever since their relationship had been revealed to other members, the two had non stop flirting on and off camera, making them want to tear their heads off. Given the circumstances, they were still cautious most of the time, but are always inside their own bubble.

 

“Is she decent?” Kwangsoo bluntly asked, instinctively deflecting his head when Jong Kook raised a hand at him. “I just wanted to make sure!” He reasoned out.

 

“Of course, she is.” Jong Kook scoffed, “She’s deeply asleep, you know how she is. Good luck on waking her up.” He patted Sechan’s shoulder before trekking down the stairs and on the way to the kitchen.

 

Now, Sechan and Kwangsoo were determined in waking up their noona now that they know where she is. Opening the door to Jong Kook’s bedroom, it can be seen from the doorway that Ji Hyo was sprawled out on Jong Kook’s bed, dressed in yellow pajamas with her hair an haphazardly mess on the pillow.

 

Sechan held up the table as Kwangsoo tried to arrange the plates and make it seemingly presentable. “Noona,” Kwangsoo nudged her on the shoulder but to no avail since Ji Hyo was still deep asleep. He attempted to do the same action a couple more of times, thinking it would make any difference. After losing patience, he stood on the bed and jumped. “NOONA!” He yelled.

 

“NOONA!” Sechan followed, “NOONA, WAKE UP!” He said, seeing her already moving on the bed and covering her head with a blanket.

 

Kwangsoo continued on shaking the bed, constantly repeating his chant of her name with Sechan in tow. Annoyingly pulling away the blanket from her head, “What do you want?!” Ji Hyo grumbled.

 

“It’s your birthday! You should wake up!”

 

“It’s my birthday, you should let me sleep.” Ji Hyo retorted back, hitting Kwangsoo’s leg with her hand and turning to her other side to reclaim what's left of her sleepiness.

 

“Noona, we cooked breakfast.” Sechan offered, making him laugh when Ji Hyo whipped her head to his direction. “It’s breakfast in bed!”

 

Ji Hyo, still having cloudy eyes, shook her head and completely closed her eyes. “I’ll eat it later.”

 

Jong Kook shook his head as he watched his two goons wake up his girlfriend, they successfully woke her up but didn’t do anything to stop her and make her eat the breakfast that they had prepared for her. He rounded the bed, sitting on the edge of the bed, placing a hand on the side of Ji Hyo’s face and placing her hair behind her ear. “Baby,” He said, “Kwangsoo and Sechan brought you food, you should thank them at least.” He lastly whispered it to her.

 

Kwangsoo was in shock to see Ji Hyo sit upright right away without Jong Kook even persuading her any further. “Okay, boys, I’m up.” Ji Hyo announced, trying to comb her hair back.

 

“I have a schedule that came up unexpectedly,” Jong Kook informed her, “I’ll try to finish as quickly as I can, then be back home.”

 

“Eung, arasseo, oppa.” Ji Hyo nodded, looking at Kwangsoo and Sechan, “I’m sure that these two will keep me company for the rest of the day.”

 

“Kurae, we have the day planned out.” Kwangsoo answered.

 

“Now, Jong Kook hyung, if you leave us, we’ll be fine.” Sechan told Jong Kook and the TV that was at the foot of the bed.

 

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook both looked at each other before nodding at each other, they both went into the bathroom where he showered while she brushed her teeth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter