No Excuse Day

A House of All Sorts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somin had entered Ji Hyo's room abruptly, making the latter look up from her script reading table. "Uh, hello?" Ji Hyo asked as she watches Somin raid her mini-fridge.

"I'm out of alcohol, I know you have your stash," Somin answered with her back turned to Ji Hyo. "I can't believe him." She mumbled under her breath.

Ji Hyo's attention piqued, abandoning her script altogether as Somin continued to talk to herself animatedly. Looking at the clock on the bedside table, it's only 3 in the afternoon. Why is Somin already looking for alcohol?

"What's wrong?" Ji Hyo curiously asked, "What happened?"

"Men," Somin replied with a disappointed tone and carried the bottles of Soju close to her chest, making her way down on Ji Hyo's hidden stairs to get to the pool area.

Ji Hyo sighed, the younger woman was once again upset by not finding romance. What's new?

Somin sat at the edge of the pool, her feet dipping on the waters as she stared at the clouds with a faraway look in her eyes. "Somin-ah, gwenchana?" Ji Hyo questioned as she sat next to her.

"Eonnie," Somin dryly chuckled as she took another sip from the bottle. "Men are disappointing, you know?"

At her statement, it prompted Ji Hyo to open a bottle of Soju for herself, knowing that it'll be a long talk once again. "What happened?"

Somin turned to her. "My friend set up a date for me, I knew the guy and he knew me." She started, "We both knew about the lunch date, we're both single and it went fine until he left to go the bathroom and guess what happened?"

"What?" Ji Hyo despite being her usual mong self, was invested to know another face another dating story of Somin's.

"Someone called his phone that he left on the table," She said. "It says 'jagiya' with a heart." Somin ended with a scoff.

Ji Hyo's eyebrows quickly went up as the story unfolds, cheating men was not a new story for her. "What did you after?" She asked.

"I left," Somin shrugged. "What was I supposed to do? Only stupid people stay at that when it occurs to them, I left him and the bill."

Ji Hyo clinked her bottle with Somin's. "Okay, that's good!" She cheekily agreed to her decision. "The sun is still up, are we drinking until we drop?"

Somin smirked at her, "You know me so well, eonnie." She replied as she tossed her head back to finish her bottle. "I'll buy you a new stash tomorrow, don't worry about it."

"Where are we going to get more? We only have four bottles left." Ji Hyo pointed out. "It's not like we can get out in our drunken state."

"Jong Kook oppa has amazing alcohol stash," Somin commented. "Our alcohol cabinet in the kitchen, we can drink those."

"Ya! Do you not want to wake up tomorrow?" Ji Hyo chuckled. "Some of those liquors are hard enough to make you sleep for a week!"

"I know, that's why it's amazing!" Somin cheered as she opened up another bottle to clink their bottles together.

Ji Hyo shook her head while keeping a smile on her face. "One of these days, we have to stop our day drinking."

"Yeah, but today is not one of those days." Somin clicked her tongue. "Let's call it, the 'No Excuse Day'."

"No excuse?"

"Well, obviously, I have an excuse to day drink but that's the irony of it." Somin shrugged. "I have an excuse but I'm making it as if I don't."

"Stop it, you're only making things worse." Ji Hyo waved her hand dismissively, "Let's just call it day drinking."

"Ey, eonnie." Somin pouted, sighing as deep as she can.

Ji Hyo sighed as she observed the expression that Somin was sporting. "Arraseo!" She exclaimed. "We're calling it No Excuse Day!"

Somin cheered by beaming her smile, her gums showing as much as they can. "Cheers!"

After establishing the new name of their top one activity, Ji Hyo was raiding the fridge and cabinets for snacks while Somin handpicked their poison from the cabinet, it's Jose Cuervo for the day.

The two then had moved from the kitchen to the basement with their arms full of snacks and decided to watch a romantic movie. Somin had suggested playing a game, take a shot whenever the male lead character does a sweet gesture for the female lead.

However, some of the gestures for Ji Hyo were not as sweet as it is for Somin's. That ended up with Somin being the drunker one, leaving her to be the caretaker.

"Somin-ah, no!" Ji Hyo exclaimed, tripping on her own feet as she wanted to stop Somin dance on top of a table.

"Eonnie," Somin had dramatically kneeled on the table, not caring if some of the snacks were sticking to her knees. "I'm a loveable woman, right? I love love! Why don't I get real love? I get real ty people!"

Ji Hyo leaned back on the couch, listening to the endless rants of Somin about love. Her mind flew to the thought of her not needing to find love anymore since she had already found hers. Her face betrayed as she didn't realize that she was already sporting a soft smile, "Why are you smiling?" Somin commented.

"You're funny, Somin-ah." Ji Hyo coolly replied, "Pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter