Chapter 6

Believing Is Everything

2006, January 29th 4AM

Matsumoto Jun sighed as the hot shower of water pelted his back. He could feel the tension on his shoulder unknotting. It had been a long day and he was tired. Physically, mentally, and maybe emotionally. But that last part he was still unsure of if he should really include it on the list of his exhaustions. After all, he had just realized that night, in the middle of a raging nightclub, that he actually had feelings for Inoue Mao. Feelings he had so desperately tried to deny to himself and to everyone around him. Being emotionally exhausted that early in the game was not like him anyways, so he scratched that. He was only tired physically and mentally. 

Jun thought that delaying getting out of his room after the shower might be a good idea, just to avoid the awkwardness of facing Mao but remembered that he hasn't said anything about their sleeping arrangements, so he decided against it, with a frown he walked out of his room.

"Mao-chan." Jun called to her as he walked into the living room. He saw Mao was standing beside the shelf in his living room that had various pictures of him, his family, and his friends. As Mao turned to him, alerted by his call, Jun found himself staring at her. His throat tightened at the sight of her. Mao was of course, wearing the shirt he had given her, but Jun had not prepared himself for the view that it would present to him. The ends of her hair was still wet and droplets of it had landed on the white shirt that she was wearing, making some parts of it semi-transparent. The shirt had covered the boxer shorts he lent her, only showing a tiny bit of hem, as proof that she was indeed wearing them. Jun swallowed as he felt his body tensed. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to let her borrow my clothes Jun thought to himself. 

"Ah! Jun-kun, sorry for touching your things, but I saw this." Mao said, showing Jun the picture frame that Mao had given him a few months ago, back when they were still filming for Hana Yori Dango. 

"Yeah, I used it for the picture we took with the staff and crew." Jun said. 

"I'm glad you were able to use it, at the time I thought it was going to be useless." She chuckled. "But, is this the only photo you have that's about work?" 

"I have ARASHI pictures too." Jun pointed to a couple of pictures of the ARASHI members. 

"Yes, but ARASHI is basically family to you anyways. What I meant was pictures like this one, but of your other drama's cast and crew, you know?" Mao asked. 

Jun shook his head. "I only kept Hana Yori Dango photos." 

"Hm? No Gokusen photos? Wasn't that your big break in acting? Thought you'd like to keep pictures to remind you of it." Mao said, putting the picture frame back on its place on the shelf. 

"No, I don't have them. I rarely keep photos related to work anyways, since magazines already have them. I can just find an old magazine if I want to see it, but I rarely even feel the need to look at my past work." Jun said as he sat down on the sofa. 

"Wah!" Mao exclaimed. She had seen a photo that Jun kept hidden behind his family picture. Jun immediately stood up in alarm.

"Oi!" Jun called out, but Mao ignored him. 

"Sugoi! You have this too?!" Mao grinned. She was holding a picture from Hana Yori Dango as well, only this time it was a behind the scene photo of Makino punching Domyoji, their characters in the show. 

"Shun gave that to me. He said my face was funny, and I agreed so I decided to keep it." Jun said. At the time when Shun had given him the photo that was what he thought, but now, he thought that having even a small photo of Inoue Mao tucked in his shelf was something he really liked. 

"It was so funny shooting this part. I remember you were making fun of how I punched at first." Mao laughed.

"Yeah, but the final cut was really good. Everyone was saying that they got hooked with the drama after watching that specific scene. Even my mom liked it so much." Jun replied. 

"I remember being so nervous to punch an idol's face." Mao laughed as she returned the photo. "But now, I think I have no reservations in punching you if we need to do a scene similar to this."

"Oi, atleast still have a little bit of reservation." Jun exclaimed. Mao just nodded at him, a smile still on her lips. 

"Anyway, we should sleep. It's already morning." Jun said. At this, Mao began to awkwardly avert her eyes.

"I actually don't have a guest room with a bed, so I suggest you just sleep on my bed. I'll take the couch." Jun offered.

"Eh?!" Mao exclaimed in surprise. "I'll take the couch! There's no need for me to take the bed, the couch will be fine!" 

"I cannot possibly allow a girl to sleep on the couch." Jun huffed. "My sheets were changed earlier today if you're worried about it being unclean."

"It's not that. I'm the one who's intruding at your place so I can sleep on the couch. Don't worry about me!" Mao argued.

"You're not intruding, I invited you here." Jun said with finality. 

"Ugh. Fine." Mao groaned.

"My room is over there. Make yourself comfortable. Goodnight." Jun said to her, pointing at a door at the end of the hallway. 

"Goodnight." Mao said, walking over to Jun's room but before she pushed the door open she turned to him once again. 

"Jun-kun?" Mao called.

"Yes?" 

"Thank you. I guess I haven't thanked you for tonight yet. For worrying about me at the club and even now." Mao said to him.

"No worries." Jun replied. Mao went inside the room and shut the door closed. 

Jun turned off all the lights and lied down on the sofa, his mind wondered involuntarily to Mao's figure walking away from him and towards his bedroom. The thought of her lying on his bed made his body stiffened, mostly his lower part. Jun groaned. It was going to be long night.

Inoue Mao gingerly lied down on Matsumoto Jun's bed. Never in her wildest dreams did she think that she would end the night lying in Jun's bed. She groaned at her thoughts running wild as her heartbeat raced. This is unbelievable.

---

Chapter 6!

This was sort of a filler chapter..honestly I just want to get this part of the fanfic over with since I had this aaaamazing (well, for me it was lol) idea on what to write on the next chapters. 

Anyway, thanks for reading!

-WanderGirl