Chapter 1

Believing Is Everything

2005

Inoue Mao has just finished shooting her last scene for Hana Yori Dango. It had been a long year of shooting the TV Drama but even she admits that it was a lot of fun playing the Strong and Unyielding Weed, Tsukushi Makino. 

Mao looked over at the set that was packing up. Everyone was congratulating each other at the success of the shoot. Her last scene was her turning her back to the camera, walking alone at Ebisu Garden Place, just after she had tirelessly ran after a moving airplane to catch her character's soulmate who was flying off to New York, Domyoji Tsukasa. 

"Inoue-san!" A set crew called to her as she was walking to her dressing room. She turned her head, surprised to see everyone looking at her and smiling. Suddenly, from the corner a man emerged with a huge boquet of roses. He was walking towards her with a huge grin on his face. 

"Jun-kun!" She gasped. Matsumoto Jun walked towards him in long strides and engulfed her into a hug. 

"Congrats on your final shoot." He smiled. Everyone started clapping and cheering for the two main stars of the show. 

"What a surprise!" Mao smiled. "Wasn't your last shoot yesterday? What are you still doing here?" 

"Are you not happy?" He looked at her, feigning hurt. "I wanted to congratulate you." 

"I am. I am." Mao assured him. "Thanks for this." Pertaining to the boquet. 

"Hey, we're here as well." Oguri Shun said as Abe Tsuyoshi and Matsuda Shota walked beside him. 

"Are you all here to congratulate us for the final shoot?" Mao looked at them in surprise.

"Yes, but also we're going drinking to celebrate." Shota grinned.

"Right. We wouldn't pass on free drinks." Tsuyoshi said. 

"Celebrate? Free drinks? Isn't the wrap up party scheduled for next week?" Mao asked. 

"It is. But Jun here said he wanted to meet up with everyone so we can celebrate on our own. You're coming ofcourse, if that wasn't obvious." Shun said as he placed his arms on Jun's shoulders. 

"Free drinks and food with F4? Count me in." Mao laughed. 

"Hey, who said anything about food? I'm only paying for drinks." Jun shrugged. 

"Stingy." Mao said as she stuck out his tongue to him. 

"Come on, let's get out of here after we say our thanks and goodbyes to everyone." Tsuyoshi said. 

They all bowed before the staff and crew of the set and said their thanks and congratulations. Mao and Jun walked towards the director to personally thank and congratulate him.

"Kantoku*, thank you so much!" Mao and Jun said in unison and bowed deeply to their director. 

"I should be the one thanking the both of you, actually, I should be personally thanking everyone. You have made Hana Yori Dango the great success that it is." The director smiled and said to them.

"Well, your genius directing is what made everything possible." Jun said.

"Always the flatterer, Matsumoto-kun." The director laughed. "See you at the wrap up party next week?" 

"Yes, we'll all be there." Mao and Jun both nodded.

"Ah, and enjoy your 3 months rest before the script read-through." The director continued as he started to walk off.

"3 months rest? Script read-through?" Jun echoed. The director stopped in his tracks. 

"Yes. Did you really think that Makino and Domyoji's story ends there?" The director said. "Surely, you've read the manga and watched the anime Matsumoto-kun? There's still a lot that will happen." 

Jun scratched his head in embarassment. Mao laughed.

"Sorry, Kantoku. Jun-kun didn't have the patience to read the manga and watch the anime" Mao said, uncontrollably laughing now. "He thinks that was the end." 

"Unbelievable." The director laughed as he walked out. 

"Really? There's a second season?" Jun said as he walked with Mao towards where Shun, Shota and Tsuyoshi were standing.

"Are you an idiot? Ofcourse there's a second season. How can you not know that? Were you not informed that we'll be playing Makino and Domyoji for the second season when the contract for Hana Yori Dango's Season 1 was made?" Mao answered as she looked at him incredulously. 

"I guess it slipped my mind."

"Baka." Mao said as she shook her head, laughing.

"What's funny?" Shota asked when Jun and Mao arrived to where they were at.

"Jun-kun didn't know that there will be a second season of Hana Yori Dango." Mao said.

"What?" Tsuyoshi laughed. "How can you not know?!" 

"I thought only your character is supposed to be an idiot." Shun said, joining in on the laughter. 

"I've said this a lot of times before, but I really think you are the embodiment of Domyoji Tsukasa." Mao said, while shaking her head. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"One more joke about this and free drinks is off the table." Jun said to everyone.

"Alright. We'll stop." Tsuyoshi said.

"Right. Wouldn't want to miss an opportunity for free things." Shota said in agreement.

"You guys act as if you don't have money to buy drinks when all of you are loaded." Jun said as they all walked out of the set towards his car. 

"Well, you're the most loaded. You're ARASHI." Shun said as they all hopped in. 

"Mao you're riding shotgun." Shota interjected as they all went inside Jun's car. 

Mao felt a fleeting blush appear on her cheeks but she quickly touched her cheek to swat it away as she climbed on the passenger seat, the same time as Jun went to the driver's side. 

"Speaking of, how come you all are free to drink today? Don't you all have schedules?" Mao asked once inside. 

"I'm free for the week until the wrap up party." Shun said.

"Me too." Shota followed.

"Well, I have a schedule the day after tomorrow so I have time to rest." Tsuyoshi said.

"I have a schedule tomorrow, but it's in the evening." Jun said, putting his keys in the ignition. "How about you?" Jun asked, looking over at Mao.

"I have The Grave Of The Fireflies shoot tomorrow with Nanako nee-san." She said, pertaining to Nanako Mistushima who played Tsubaki Domyoji in Hana Yori Dango.

"Last day of filming too?" Jun asked.

"No, we still have a week to go and honestly I think I've dried all my tears up. Everytime I walk in the set I'm crying, and everytime I walk out, I'm also crying." Mao said.

"Well, that's understandable. I don't think I know anyone who didn't cry with The Grave Of The Fireflies." Shun said from the back. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Anyway, let's---" Mao was cut off by Jun suddenly leaning towards her. Her body reacted immediately by leaning backwards away from him in shock.

"What are you doing?" She said, sounding a little alarmed.

"Seatbelt." He simply said as he reached for the seatbelt behind her and clipping it securely. 

"Oh..I.." Mao trailed. 

"What? You think I was going to do something else?" Jun said, playfully smirking at her.

"No!" She exclaimed. 

"Hey, hey. Stop flirting in front of us." Tsuyoshi said, throwing some balled up candy wrapper at the two of them.

"Honestly, If I didn't know that you two are naturally flirt-friendly with each other, I would've believed the tabloids saying you two are actually together." Shota said.

"Well, we do know better than everyone." Shun shrugged. 

The both of them were just silent. Mao smiled sheepishly as Jun started driving towards their bar of choice to drink. 

 

 

----

 

 

And that's the first chapter!

I didn't actually prepare any storyline for this, I'm just typing along the way so I'm not really sure how this will end although I do know how I want the story to develop.

Not sure if any one is still reading here hahahahaha but if you are, thank you very much!

KANTOKU - means "director" in japanese, although i'm not 100% sure since i've only consulted my great friend, Google HAHA

 

 

- WanderGirl