A little while after

Emily

June 2004 (2 years later)

"Oppa it's not funny." Emily jumps up and down trying to snatch her drawing back out of Soohyun's hands.

"Waa. You drawing skills really haven't improved these last few years has it." He laughs at his sisters failed attempts at taking the picture away from him. 

"Oppa you big bully."

"I'm not a bully. I was simply trying to tell you some good news."

"Soohyun give it back to her." Mr Shin just got in the door from a hard days work welcomed by the screeching of the two noisiest kids he knew. 

"Uppa, Soohyun's teasing me again. He said my drawing looks terrible."

"Don't listen to him it's not that bad." He takes the picture of Soohyun to take a look. "Um. It's a wonderful picture of a... um ... er... Mouse?" 

"It's a frog." Emily sighs "I have to draw a life cycle of a frog for school." 

"I'll help you." 

"Thanks Oppa." 

"I'm going to help your Mother with dinner. You two behave yourselves." 

"What's the good news then?" Emily asks once Mr Shin had left the room. 

"Ahh so now you're interested."

"Indeed."

"I have another audition today."

"Really thats awesome. What agency?"

"SM Entertainment."

"WAA! That's the same one as TVXQ."

"I know."

"Oppa take me with you." 

"Wae? No."

"Please." Emily get onto her knees to beg her brother. "Please Please Please."

"Chances are you won't see them."

"There is still a slight possibility."

"Fine you can come."

"YAY!" Emily begins fist pumping and jumping on her knees.

"Why does it seem you are now more excited about seeing them rather than my audition."

"Because I am." She bounces up the stairs to get ready whilst Soohyun smiles to himself  finishing of his frog drawing. 


"Waa I'm so nervous." Soohyun screeches bouncing up and down, earring a few odd looks from the people around him.

"Calm down. I can go in with you if you want. I'll be your good luck charm."

"You're not going to say anything soppy now like 'Just pretend you're singing to me'?"

"Just pretend you're singing to me Oppa." Emily sighs mocking him.

"Why are you always so mean to me?"

"You're always mean to me too."

"Fair enough." 

"Number 036?" A voice calls from the audition room. It was Soohyun's number. This wasn't is first audition, he had been to quite a few this past year. It wasn't his voice that was the problem they had all told him that. They all had the insane belief that he wasn't 'pretty' enough . All of the Talent agencies want to make pretty boy groups. 

"Who are you?" One of the judges (whatever they are called) asks Emily in English, confused as to why there was a british minor on stage.

"Annyong. I am Emily Shin I am Soohyun's little sister. I'm here today acting as a good luck charm. Hwighting!" They laughed at Emily's little statement. Somewhat shocked at the fact she spoke fluent Korean. 


"Cheer up Oppa." She tiptoes up so she could reach Soohyun mouth and pulls the corners up into a smile. "I think we need ice cream. Ice cream equals smiles."

"Am I really that ugly?" 

"Nope you are really handsome... for a frog prince."

"You're being mean again."

"Pfft. I said you where a Prince."

"A frog prince."

"Exactly. Are you discriminating against your own race now? Don't you think frogs can be princes?"

"Why am I a frog prince?" 

"Don't you know the story?"

"Nope."

"Well a ugly frog rescues a beautiful princess' golden ball from the river. As a reward he wanted to eat of her plate and sleep in her bed. She thought he was too iky so ran away, but the frog bounced all the way to her palace. The princess refused to let him in, but her daddy says that she has to do it. Once she did the frog turned into a handsome prince. I think Oppa is like that frog and the talent company is the Princess. All they have to do is give you some training and popularity and you will turn into an amazing Korean Idol. You just have to wait for a kind person like the king, to see the good in you and give you the chance."

"That is completely confusing and now my head hurts, but on some weird level I kind of understand where you are coming at. Thank you."

"Anytime."