One

Drivers License
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got my drivers license last week
Just like we always talked about
Cause you were so excited for me to finally drive up to your house
But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying, cause you weren't around

 

"I am so proud of you baby!" your mom said, a proud smile plastered on her face. 
"Its just driving mom" you mumbled sheepishly, "Exactly! My baby, who was just starting to crawl around a few years ago, now is driving me to places". You hugged your emotional parent who was tearing up, maybe thats what happens when you are an only child. 
"Travel safe baby, and make sure to bring Jungkook with you next time" Hearing that name sent a painful stab to your heart, forcing out a smile you waved at her before driving away. Your university was two hours away and you were hoping to reach before nightfall, still not entirely confident with driving in the dark. 
After all, you had just gotten your drivers license last week. Despite it being on the top of your bucket list since high school, you never got around to trying with starting university and drowning in your modules, assignments and coffee like every other undergraduate in Seoul. 
That is until your boyfriend hyped up the topic and talked you into making time for driving lessons that he was more than happy to provide. A bitter smile made its way to your lips, you did not imagine that when you could finally drive, it would be alone through the suburbs of your hometown without him. 
"I swear you're more excited than me for this", you chuckled at the male sitting on the passenger seat, his excitement radiating and rubbing off on you. 
"Of course, then I can get you to deliver food to my house and drive me to places when I feel too lazy to drive"
"I knew there had to be ulterior motives"
"There's no such thing as free lunch babe, or maybe the one that you're gonna be cooking for me soon"
Your sigh was met with his tinkling laughter, nose scrunched up and bunny teeth on full display- a sight that released a rush of endorphins in your body.


You leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips, his eyes widened in surprise for a second before melting into it. 
"Maybe this works too" he whispered before pulling you in for a mind numbing kiss. 

Jeon Jungkook was going to be the death of you.  


Slowing down, you watched as people made their way across the road. A couple catching your eyes, laughing as they walked with hands intertwined. You noticed the guy gently pulling his boyfriend, placing him on the safer side of the sidewalk. It was a sweet sight, one that had your lips slightly curling upwards. They were so in love. 
Just as you and Jungkook had been, or had it only been you in love the entire time?
You remembered the first time you had met your lover. Only two weeks into the first semester and you found yourself between the rows of book shelves in the library, trying to find a book interesting enough to turn in a review on for one of your classes. 
Your best friend had been nice enough to provide you with suggestions but you weren't exactly in the mood to go through Plato and his ideal state. 
Besides, I need more brain cells to decipher the stuff Namjoon reads for fun. 
It was almost closing time when you made your way towards your desk to pack up, a copy of 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' in your hands. You were surprised to find a guy dozing off on the opposite side, face buried in his arms and laptop open in front. 
After contemplating for a few seconds you gently tapped on his arm, receiving no response you gripped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter