Now that’s Indirect Rejection

I like you, I like you, I like YOU

“Finally.” He said flopping tiredly on his bed, the empty room reminding him of his purpose. He pulled out his phone, pausing a moment to look at his background. He grinned at the image of he and his best friend heads together holding up their fingers in V’s. Dialing the number as naturally as he would his mothers, he’s dialed it that many times. He waited for the call to connect feet twitching impatiently over the side of the bed. It rang once, twice, three times before answered.

“Hi.” The weary voice greeted him.

“Hey, Hae- Donghae!” he laughed at his word play receiving a light chuckle from the other side.

“Hyukkie that was terrible.” Donghae said still smiling faintly.

“But I got you to laugh.” Eunhyuk shot back smiling his classic gummy smile even though he knew Donghae couldn’t see it.

“You’re smiling right now aren’t you?”

“Yup.” He laughed again his smiling broadening.

“You think to highly of your jokes.”Donghae stabbed.

“Hey,” his face fell but decided to otherwise ignore the statement. “How are you? How are the guys?” he asked growing serious.

“We’re okay I guess Zhou Mi and Henry are confused to all hell, Ryeowook has been quieter than normal, and Kyuhyun hasn’t stopped crying but you’re worried about Hannie aren’t you?” Donghae sighed with the barely there sound of his running a hand over his face.

“Yes but I’m worried about you too.”Eunhyuk replied voice soft.

“Hannie’s still the same, not even a visit from his father could fix him.”

“Really?” Eunhyuk was surprised Hankyung was always happy to see his family since he gets to see them so little.

“Yeah his dad almost started crying. Zhou Mi and Henry had to take him away. I –I was about to cry too.” Donghae confessed.

“So are you-?” he trailed off on his question unsure of what he really wanted to ask.

“I don’t know, I guess I’m fine.”Donghae sighed again. “You’ll be the first to know if that changes.”

“Your monkey misses you.”

“Are you talking about you or the monkey?” Hae chuckled.

“It’s too quiet here without you.”

“I misses you too.”

“That’s terrible grammar.” Eunhyuk groaned.

“You know you love me.” The words left Donghae’s mouth before he could process them, when he realized what he said he froze, the breath stuck in his chest.

“Yes that’s exactly why.” Eunhyuk laughed sarcastically trying to brush of the words Donghae has never actually meant when he said them, but still his heart beat a little faster with the hope that Hae was finally getting it.

“How was Kiss the Radio today?” Donghae queried searching for something to change to topic.

“The usual,” Eunhyuk sighed. “Did you get to listen?”

“Yep,” the smile was evident in the boy’s voice. “Suave, very suave.”

“Shut up!” Eunhyuk moaned his face flaming red at the mention of his catastrophic mistake on the show earlier. Now it was his turn to want to change to topic. “Um, Hae, today when I was getting ready I accidentally caught something with my foot and kicked it out from under your bed, so I picked it up-“ the rest of his sentence was cut off by the loud scream that sliced through the phone nearly shattering  his eardrum.

“WHAT?!” Donghae screamed again voice climbing higher and higher toward the octave. “How could you? That’s my personal stuff!”

“Hae, it was an accident.” He replied calmly trying to calm his best friend, the person he loves, down. Unfortunately it didn’t work as Donghae continued to shriek his ear off.

“You went into my stuff!” the words just kept flowing and increasing in intensity, Donghae was untamable.

“DONGHAE!” Eunhyuk lost it and yelled finally getting to others attention again. “I never opened it, I never looked at it, and I never invaded your damn privacy! Now shut the hell up!” his voice grew angrier by the statement.

“Oh.”Donghae squeaked loosing fire.

“I just wanted to tell you in case something was broken or something valuable was inside but you suddenly started yelling at me and I won’t have that!”Eunhyuk was now pissed off. “So if you decide that you want to be civil then let me know because I WON’T BE CALLING YOU AGAIN!” he yanked to phone away from his ear and ended the call then chucked it under his pillow so he didn’t have to look at it anymore.

“Why do you always reject me?” he asked to air laying on his back before turning over and slamming his fist in to the mattress.

 

 

Ta Da! Please comment and tell me what you think. I apologize for this chapter shortness in length but it’s packed full of emotion so I hope you enjoyed it my lovely readers. Thanks to all who subscribe!!!!

@cutemyxn: thank you so much! I think it will be a while before they get together... I hope you liked this chapter.

@MrKackfrazze: you should find out soon what happened. ^-^