Chapter 8

Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana

I trudged down the stairs to get a glass of water since my throat was parched and I felt like I would die the next second. I seriously regretted not having kept a glass of water next to me before I slept. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and grabbed a glass  and filled it. I leaned against the counter and slowly sipped it. Today had been exhausting. We'd walked around so many places, eaten so much and had had so much fun. Tomorrow Mina and Tzu would start their job and Jeong, Jihyo and I would probably leave in a couple of days. I had to look for a job for myself when I got back home. I sighed and closed my eyes for a second when I heard the front door open and someone walked in. Seeing the silhouette of the person I knew exactly who it was. I watched silently as she threw her bag on the couch and slumped down. I saw her put her face in her hands and sob silently. I knew she was crying by the way her shoulders shook... I punched myself for having done this to her. I wanted to walk to her and comfort her but I knew I'd probably make things worse. After a few minutes she wiped her eyes and walked away to her room.

I walked back to mine shortly after thinking about the day it all changed.

Flashback

"Is everything in place? This has to be perfect! Sana deserves everything to be perfect!" Momo exclaimed looking around the place they'd decorated.

"Momoring, it's all good! It's beautiful and everything will happen smoothly" Mina said with a huge grin.

"Okay okay.. I'm just so nervous! I mean we've been dating for so long now and I just want her proposal to be perfect.." Momo gushed. Mina went over to her friend and placed a hand over her shoulder to try and reassure the girl that nothing bad would happen. But little did she know that their whole circle of friends would break that day. That they would divide and begin to hate each other.

"Okay! Guys! There's a problem.. I called Sana but she said she has a meeting with her teacher!" Mieka called from the side.

"But- I checked her schedule.. She has nothing." Momo said with a frown.

"She had a session with Miss Mayuko yesterday... Maybe she'd be there?" Mina suggested since her roommate couldn't stop talking about the various things her teacher had told her in class that day.

"Oh" Momo said biting her lips

"Everything will be fine Mo-" Mina started but was interrupted by an incoming call from Yuta. She accepted the call and put it on speaker, "Hey Mina! I uh... Have some news for you. Uh.. Where are you right now?"

"Huh? We're here in the garden.. Why?"

"It's um about Sana.. Look I cannot explain okay? Can you please just come over to the entrance? And uh it's better you don't tell Momo."

I frowned when I heard the last bit. I turned to go and found Momo following me.

"He said-"

"If it's got to do with Sana, the hell I'm staying back" she snapped. I rolled my eyes and we ran over to the entrance with Mieka on our heels

There was a huge crowd at the entrance and we managed to push our way to the middle to be able to see what the whole fuss was about.

The moment I saw what was happening, I froze. Every single molecule in my body froze. I felt a tear fall from my eyes and onto my cheek.
Sana, the girl who Momo was going out of her way to have the perfect proposal. The girl who Momo'd literally devoted her life to. The girl who was Momo's best friend. My best friend. She... She was standing on the dais and kissing the cheerleading captain Nina. They broke apart and Sana wrapped her arms around the other girl and smiled. The crowd cheered and Nina turned to the crowd and grinned.

I turned to look at Momo only to not find her next to me. . Why had I been so lost? Where had she gone? I slipped out of the crowd and almost crashed into Mieka who was apparently looking for Momo too.

We tried to look for her everywhere but we didn't find her. I didn't want to see Sana's face at all so I decided to go over to Momo's and Mieka's room. I sat down on the bed and ran a hand through my hair "Why? Why would she do that huh? Momo wasn't good for her? But why did she have to lie?!" I asked my voice breaking. Sana had not only broken Momo's heart but also ours.

Meanwhile Momo who'd slipped out of the crowd was sobbing silently in a lone stall in a dingy bathroom. Usually no one would come here since it was in the corner of their university. But to her luck the person she didn't want to see was the one who entered along with Nina. Momo clamped a hand on to prevent any sound to come out of her and the voice recording on her phone. She needed proof if Sana ever tried to put the whole blame on her.

"Soo.. What are you going to do with that nerd? The one you call best friend"

"Her? Well... She's more like a long time friend than best friend. I couldn't leave her alone since she's super clingy. But now that I'm openly dating you, I guess I have the courage to break up with her."

"You're not toying with me are you?"

"Heh? Nina! No! How many times do I tell you this? If that girl hadn't asked me to be her girlfriend in front of my family and friends I would have never said yes to her! I mean she's a nice person but she is nothing like you."

"If you say so baby. All these years of dating behind closed doors. Ah we're finally allowed to date properly huh?"

"Mhmm"

"To be honest, I never could stand that who you were with. She is a disgrace to our college. She and her group of friends. I'm glad you left them. Now you can be the queen you're meant to be along with us popular girls. You should have left those nerds a long while ago."

"I wanted to, but I don't know I just didn't get the right opportunity"

Momo stopped the recording unable to hear more and closed her eyes tight. After a while she heard them leave and then she began to sob loudly. It was late in the night when she finally left the stall. She walked with puffy eyes, her now stained dress and a look that screamed heartbreak. But for her heart wasn't just broken, it felt like her life had shattered. She'd done so much for Sana. So damn much. She helped her with her projects, her exams even though their courses were different, she now realised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter