ꜱᴘɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ

ᴄᴏʟᴀ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫♪♫
you can listen to this playlist while you read the chapter 


Splenetic

A word Minjeong just learned from their english class earlier, which also happens to be what she's feeling towards a particular tall and raven haired woman as of the moment. She had never been this pissed off with Jimin before. If she were an anime character, steam would already be coming out of her ears.

Though it wasn't entirely Jimin's fault, but now her valentine's day is already ruined.

It started when she bumped into one of Jimin's fellow dance club members during her break and excitedly shared the gruesome great news.

 

"Don't tell Jimin unnie yet, but the president of the dance club is planning on asking her out after class."

Damn, they even didn't have to worry about her telling Jimin because she doesn't even want to believe it herself.

Apparently, this president Hwang person has her eyes set on Jimin not long after she joined the dance club.She cringed at the way the dance club members doted on the idea of the two dancers dating as if they didn't just ship Minjeong with Jimin a couple of months ago.

 

Hypocrites

 

It didn’t help that when she went to the restroom to splash water on her face to wake her up from the nightmare of Jimin going out with someone else that’s not her someone just had to interrupt her peace.

“Yoo Jimin?” the other person read the name at the back of the hoodie she’s wearing as of the moment. Her voice showed signs of confusion, it almost doesn’t fit her husky tone.

“You can’t be Jimin though, I was just with her a couple of minutes ago. Also, you’re blonde and a bit more sh— petite” the person rambled on, the volume of her voice getting lower as she spoke, as if she’s just rambling to herself.

“What is it to you if I’m wearing Jimin’s jacket?” Minjeong uttered, unable to hide her annoyance as she turned around to see who the other person was. Droplets of water dripped on her chin unto the front of Jimin’s jacket as she eyed the other woman.

 

Damn

 

The woman in front of her could be one the best examples apart from Jimin of God playing favorites.

A pretty face with the most bewitching pointy eyes, good body proportion , has legs for days and that voice.

 

“Sorry If I sounded rude, it’s just that I’d recognize that jacket anywhere. I designed it last year.” Minjeong’s heart started beating faster, her palms becoming a bit sweaty.

Could it be?

 

“I’m not sure if you’ve heard of me but I’m Hwang Yeji, president of the dance club.” she reaches out for a hand shake and Minjeong had to swiftly wipe her wet palms on the side of her pants before taking the hand.

 

Oh lord, oh dear god. Of course the person who would steal Jimin away from her just had to be perfect. She just had to be.

 

Minjeong wants to roll her eyes up to the very back of her brain, wishes the floor would open up and swallow her, she has already lost. There’s no way in hell anyone would ever reject this person, not only because of her appearance but also because she has only heard of good things about the Dance Club’s president. So many great things that she didn’t expect her to look this good because that wouldn’t be fair, right?

 

At that moment, Minjeong wishes she prayed on all of her free time and that she did not miss church that one Sunday in June of 2011. Maybe if she had done that, the heavenly father would give her visuals and charisma like the woman in front of her.

 

Maybe Jimin would actually like her back.

 

“If you’re wearing Jimin’s jacket, then you must be Mindeongi, right?”

“It’s Minjeong, Kim Minjeong.” Urgh, Jimin must've talked to her co-members about her using that endearment. Minjeong hates it when other people use it on her.

 

It's a name Jimin gave her, a name only Jimin can call her with.

It's the name Jimin uses when she woos her to eat the veggies on her plate and drink her vitamins on time. The name she uses when she wakes Minjeong up everytime she falls asleep on a good scene during their movie night.

 

The name Jimin uses when Minjeong gets too upset over something that she literally stays quiet, Jimin calls that name repeatedly, looking her in the eyes in a way that makes her feel like home as she holds the smaller girl's hand, gently caressing the back of her hand with her own thumb and as if on cue, Minjeong's mood always gets lighter with that. It's the name Jimin uses sternly to get Minjeong to break her gaze at the raven haired girl and return her attention to the book infront of her, the name she calmly calls her after, just to remind her that it's okay, it's not that serious. The name Jimin called her that one winter night when they were having coffee together and suddenly it started snowing. Jimin's hand roamed the table until it found hers, her eyes locked on the sight outside.

 

"Mindeongi, it's the first snow of the year." Jimin said softly, almost sounding like a sigh.

 

It's the name Jimin continued to call her the following years whenever they watch the first snow.

 

Wait.

 

If Jimin were to go out with this lady in front of her, does that mean that she'd have someone else to watch the first snow with?

Does that mean that all their hangouts; movie nights, diner hopping, random days where they would just sit and relax at a café and read a random book, record shopping, does that mean that those will all be gone too?

 

Oh god

 

Just the thought of it is already giving Minjeong a severe headache.

She tugs the hem of Jimin's jacket to somehow straighten it and sighs.

 

"So, what did Jimin say?" she asks with the confidence that she doesn't feel at the moment.

The other woman, president Hwang, gives her a sly smile. Reaches to straighten the crumpled shoulder part of the jacket, inches above the name patch that reads Yoo Jimin.

 

"You're quite funny, you know?" she chuckles "must be a keeper."

 

"Seriously though?" Minjeong insists, her own curiosity getting the most of her.

To that, Yeji gives her a light pat on the head saying "I don't know Kim Minjeong, you tell me" before walking towards the door and raising her left hand to wave goodbye.
 

What the hell did just happen? She needs to ask Jimin about this later.

 

When she checks her phone that afternoon she sees the messages from Jimin herself. They were supposed to meet after her class but now she doesn't know if she has the energy to see her bestfriend today, she'll probably tell her about the president's confession, then Minjeong would have to fake a surprised reaction and congratulate Jimin on her new found love interest only to sulk about it when she gets home.


 

She'd probably have to set appointments with Jimin now as she'd have someone else to spend her free time with, someone else to talk to at night when she can't fall asleep, someone else to get comfort from when she gets too nervous for a performance or an important exam.

Jimin would have someone else and she'd be set aside.

 

Her train of thoughts came to a full stop as she realizes that someone has been calling her name. When she turns around, she sees a panting Ning Yizhuo with drinks on both of her hands. Minjeong gives her a confused look. Sure, they shared two or three classes together and sure, she and Ningning (as she liked to be called) talked outside of class but they weren't close enough to have her running towards Minjeong for unexpected reasons.

 

"Um.. do you need something?" Minjeong asks, eyeing the younger woman in front of her.

 

"You were hard" she paused to breathe "to catch up, I have such short legs" she breathes deeply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter