It's Friday So This Means Good Times

March

 

A/N: Might have some errors. Press '+' if you like listening to music while reading.

 


 

a photo taken by Myungsoo thursday morning. titled "Sungjong's bed".

03: It's Friday So This Means Good Times

+

Two more days pass.

Sungyeol meets Sungjong again on Wednesday and was shocked to find out who he was exactly.

“He told me he found you in the office,” Myungsoo teases. “I figured.”

Sungyeol tried to not have detention that day but he fails when he accidently flings his pencil near the teacher’s head. How that happened, he had no idea.

As he looked out the window from the Detention Classroom after school, he spotted Myungsoo standing near the gate of the school. Moments later, a figure was jogging towards him and Sungyeol recognized it was Sungjong immediately.

Both of them were talking until Myungsoo started walking. Sungjong soon followed.

They left and Sungyeol was forced to look away from the window.

He didn’t have art class with Sungjong.


He didn’t come to school Thursday. He didn’t feel like it.

“Why didn’t you go to school today?” His father poked his head into his room. Sungyeol looked at him from underneath his covers.

“Sick.” He muffled.


It’s now Friday.

Sungyeol showers, fixes his hair and gets ready for school. He stops by his favorite coffee shop and asks for two cappuccinos and two cream-cheese filled bagels. There is a ‘Now-hiring!’ sign at the door and Sungyeol smiles.

“Can I get an application?” he grins to the cashier.


Sungjong and Myungsoo get on the packed bus.

“This is why I don’t like buses.” Sungjong murmurs.

Myungsoo smiles, “You don’t like buses either?”

Sungjong shakes his head and sighs, gripping a bar. “I asked mom if I could bring my bike—she forgot it.”

“I have one.” Myungsoo says. “But—“

“It won’t be enough for two people to get to school? Yeah. I know.”

Myungsoo looks at him and when Sungjong meets his eyes, Myungsoo smiles and rests his head on his shoulder.

Sungjong stills. “Kim Myungsoo.”

“Yeah?”

“What are you doing?”

“…Comforting you.”

Sungjong doesn’t say anything but sighs after few seconds. “Hyung is so weird.”

Suddenly Myungsoo straightens up, looking at him surprisingly. Sungjong stares back, alarmed.

“You said ‘Hyung’.” He says.

Sungjong then smiles, “Yes. I did. Hyung.”

“Say it again.” Myungsoo smiles back.

“Hyung.”

“Again.”

“Myungsoo-hyung.”

Myungsoo laughs and ruffles his hair. Sungjong hastily tries to swat his hand away.

“Hyung, stop!”

And Myungsoo keeps doing it. Even when they get off the bus and reach school (“Hyuuung, please stop! I’m serious!”), even when they stand outside waiting for Sungyeol, and even when Sungyeol does arrive (“Sungyeol hyung, tell him to stop!”)—

He still does it but in random moments.

“A job?” Sungjong goes to Sungyeol’s side to see the application. Myungsoo was just about to ruffle his hair again there.

“Yeah,” Sungyeol says. “I’m really happy. I just got to give this in after school today.”

 “I’ll go with you.” Sungjong claps his hands.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo look at him both but it’s Sungyeol who beams excitingly. “Alright!” he says. “Myungsoo? You comin’?”

Myungsoo nods slowly.

“Great!” he then turns around and holds out a cappuccino and a bagel. “Sungjong. For you.”

Sungjong stares at the food before thanking him, taking generous bites and gulps. Sungyeol watches him, smiling.

“This is really good!”

“Is it? I’m glad. Oh, wait.” Sungyeol pulls out a tissue from his bag and gently wipes the corner of Sungjong’s lip. “You had a bit of uh, cream cheese.”

Sungjong looks at him softly. “Thanks.”

“It’s nothing.” Sungyeol laughs nervously.

Myungsoo is looking at the ground, feeling odd.

 


 

English class starts and Sungjong is sitting a few seats in front of him.

Myungsoo stares at his back for most of the lesson.

The only sentence he learned throghout the whole period: “He is very pretty”.

 


 

 

Sungyeol submits his application as Sungjong and Myungsoo stand outside the shop, giving him thumbs up.

When he gets out, Sungjong rushes over to him. “What did they say?”

“I have to wait for a callback.” Sungyeol sighs. “Apparently, a lot of other people applied.”

Myungsoo pats his back. “You’ll get in.”

Sungyeol smiles at them and says “Thanks guys” before saying his home was in the opposite direction they were walking.

He waves goodbye and Myungsoo sees him turn back to give Sungjong a quick hug. Sungjong himself is blushing furiously as they walk to their bus stop, moments later.

“Sungyeol hyung…” Sungjong begins. “He’s funny.”

Myungsoo nods, “Yeah.”

“How did both of you become friends?”

Myungsoo hmms and looks up at the sky as they walk. It was still bright. “He took my guitar in music class.”

Sungjong looked at him, “What?”

“Accidently. So he could play a song to a girl he liked. He thought it was the school’s guitar.” Myungsoo smiles at the memory. “That’s what he told me. After he gave it back. And after that, he wouldn’t stop talking to me, following me around…we just became friends.”

They reach the bus stop just as the bus halts in front of them. They hop on and sit at back.

“I could see him doing that…”Sungjong says. “Sungyeol hyung.”

Myungsoo agrees silently before asking, “What about you and…?”

“Hoya hyung?” Sungjong sighs and then smiles at him nervously. “Well—He—I…We just…”

Myungsoo moves closer to him. Sungjong blinks timidly. “W-What are you doing?” But Myungsoo keeps looking into his eyes. Like he’s searching for something.

“Hyung?—“

“He’s your boyfriend,” Myungsoo moves away. “Right?”

Sungjong stares at him like he has eight heads before looking down at his lap, looking ashamed. “Yeah.” He says quietly. “How did you find out?”

“The way you spoke to him on the phone…and the picture…” Myungsoo says calmly.

“Oh. Right.” Sungjong doesn’t move and the stop they have to get off at is nearing.

Myungsoo feels something in his heart but brushes it off. “I don’t care…about that.” He says. “It doesn’t matter to me—If you’re…you know…”

Sungjong looks up at him slowly and breathes a sigh of relief.

“You don’t?”

Myungsoo shakes his head and gets up, pulling him up with him. “Come on.”

They get off the bus and walk home.

“Myungsoo hyung?” Sungjong says after a moment.

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

Sungjong then stops him and hugs him, tip-toeing in the process. Myungsoo feels something wet on his neck and he thinks then that’s when it started. The feelings. The blushing, the speed his heart beat would go, every time he would see him.

Myungsoo wounded his arms around Sungjong’s waist slowly.

“It’s nothing.”

 


 

Myungsoo is showering.

Droplets of water cascade down his face, his torso and down to his legs. He lathers, rinses and turns off the water.

He wraps a towel around his waist just as Sungjong comes in.

Myungsoo yells.

Sungjong covers his face and then slams the door.

 


 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry—I’m so stupid, I wasn’t thinking!” Sungjong hits himself as Myungsoo plops on his bed.

“It’s okay.” Myungsoo doesn’t know why his cheeks feel hot. “You didn’t know.”

“Still! I—I’m stupid, eurgh!”

A knock sounds from their door and Sungjong’s mom comes in. “Is everything alright?”

“Yes!” Both Sungjong and Myungsoo say quickly. They look at each other.

Sungjong’s mom glances at them unsurely. “Alright…Come down for dinner in 15 minutes, arraseo?”

They nod and she leaves.

Sungjong sighs and falls his back to bed, stretching his arms. A bit of his waist shows and Myungsoo quickly looks away.

“Do you want to watch TV?” he asks, clearing his throat. He doesn’t even wait for Sungjong’s answer, as he already reaches for the remote.

“Put on that new drama!”

“What new drama? Wait.” Myungsoo laughs a little. “You watch dramas?”

Sungjong blushes, “Shut up.” He throws a pillow to Myungsoo who catches it. “Sometimes.”

Myungsoo puts on the drama and Sungjong lies on his stomach to watch it.

It’s a historical drama, based loosely on Hamlet. They sit there and watch it. Myungsoo laughing to himself at some incredibly dramatic scenes and Sungjong tells him to shush every five seconds.

There is a final scene where the love of Hamlet’s life, is kissed by her own brother. She slaps him and Sungjong sits up, covering his mouth in shock.

The drama ends right there and the preview comes up.

“I’m not your brother.” The man reveals on the screen. “I was your husband until your father set me up! To protect you!”

“Lies!” the sister screams and starts to cry.

Myungsoo looks away from television and laughs again. “This is too much.” He says.

“You don’t appreciate good drama.” Sungjong gives him a face.

 


 

“Are you awake?”

Myungsoo is staring at the ceiling. “No.”

“Stupid.” Sungjong laughs quietly. “What if the sister loved her brother back?”

“What?”

“The drama.”

Myungsoo turns his head to find Sungjong sitting up, his palm resting on his chin. “…And I’m weird?”

“It’s just—“ Sungjong fidgets. “Nevermind.”

Myungsoo stares at him and Sungjong looks down.

“…If she loved him that way, they should do whatever they want.” Myungsoo says.

Sungjong looks up at him. “Yeah. I was thinking the same thing.”

“We’ll watch it tomorrow and find out what happens.”

“We will.”

“…’night Sungjong.”

“Goodnight, Myungsoo hyung.”


A/N: Chapter 4 is being worked on. Thank you for the comments! And yes this has some Hojong but wait until the next chapter to find out what happens exactly.