New bed

Dude, Where's my cat?

 

I opened my eyes to the usual clanging from the kitchen that Hongki always made whenever he tried to make breakfast for us, which always failed miserably. But something was different about his clanging; it sounded more delicate, so it couldn’t be Hongki.

I looked over the back of the couch and saw Sunny, in nothing but one of my dress shirts, sleeves rolled up, standing over the cooker. Her back was to me.

I had to stretch my arms above my head at the new forming pain in my lower back, and I groaned in pain as I struggled to sit up. I’m guessing that Sunny hadn’t hear me, because she kept making small clanging noises from the kitchen.

I sighed, and slowly I straightened my back, and stood up. The pain hadn’t subsided. I walked over, with ease, to the kitchen, and leaned on one of the counters. Sunny hadn’t heard me walk over and so, I watched her stir something in a pan that was cooking.

Her hair was up in a bun on her head, and her feet were bare. Was it safe to cook in bare feet? I mused as Sunny finally turned around and jumped at the sight of me.

“Good morning, Kyuhyun, sorry, did I wake you up?” she asked placing a wooden spoon on the counter beside me.

“No,” I said lightly, smiling at her. “Do you know if Hongki came home last night?” I asked her.

She nodded and then took the spoon, and turned back to the cooking food.

“He came in this morning actually, and he looked so exhausted. He told me to tell you not to worry. He said he’d sleep for the day,” she said, still with her back towards me.

I mouthed an ‘ah,’ which I knew she wouldn’t see; it was more to myself really. Sunny then turned back around to me and grinned widely.

“Guess what I’ve cooked?” she asked, beaming.

*~*

The breakfast that Sunny had made was a lot better than anything Hongki could have. I didn’t want to be mean about Hongki’s cooking, but today’s breakfast had been the Queen’s dinner compared to Hongki’s ‘masterpieces’.

Sunny had told me that she would do the dishes, leaving me free to go out and find her a bed. Although I’d need to take the measurements before I went.

I decided that the small room in which we kept our shoes would be big enough, seeing as the other room where we kept our coats in was too small.

I found Sunny sat on the floor of my room in front of the book case. She was running her fingers over the spines of the books on the shelves. She traced over some of the embossed lettering.

For a while I just watched her while she explored the book case. The expression on her face never changing from her childlike innocence.

I didn’t want to disturb her, but I checked my watch and I was afraid that it was getting too late to leave.

“Sunny?” she swivelled around. “I'm going out, what’s your favourite colour?” I asked placing a confused look on her face.

“Umm…what’s a colour?” she asked furrowing her brow at me. At first I thought she was joking, but when the expression on her face didn’t change, I could only smile at her answer.

“I’ll just guess, okay?” She just smiled and nodded, but I knew that she hadn’t understood what I’d said.  “I’m going to the shop, so stay here, and if Hongki asks tell him I’m running errands,”

And with that, I smiled and closed the door. The trip to the bed store wasn’t too long; there was sufficient lack of traffic on the roads today. The salesman wasn’t too friendly with me, it seemed that he had other things on his mind.

“How can I help you sir?” he asked me while looking at his phone.

“I’d like a single bed please,” I said weary of his answer.

“Of couse sir, any special kind of bed?” he asked, and I could tell that he hadn’t listened to my answer at all.

“Yes, preferably one that comes with green aliens and maybe some jelly on the side, that would be nice,” I said, just to see what his reaction would be.

“Let me go and see if we have that in stock, do you want to have a look around until then?” he sighed, clearly bored with his work, so I marched on past him and found what I was looking for quickly.

I was a nice bed with a polished metal frame and it was low to the ground. I also found some nice green and pink bedding laced with flowers and leaves.

The man behind the cash desk assured me that the salesman who had been so rude as to check his phone while talking to me would be fired.

The bed arrived within a few hours and I struggled to keep Sunny away from her new room while I set it up. Thankfully she was busy still looking over the characters in the books on my shelves.

 

 

>_< 

 

well, its been so long since i updated any of my fictions, but here is the next installment of DWMC? and i hope very much that you like it a lot!! :D sorry about the wait too!