Not Normal

Dude, Where's my cat?

“You look beautiful,” I said to her, putting both hands on her shoulders.

“It’s a little uncomfortable, though,” she said wriggling a little under my hands.

“It’s alright, Sunny. You’ll get used to it. Shorts aren’t that bad!” said Taeyeon walking over and sitting on the sofa next to Hongki.

“I was talking about the bra,” whispered Sunny under her breath to me. I laughed and patted her head.

“Well, I can’t stay; I’ve got to get back and cook some dinner for Young-Woon. I’ll see you later, baby brother!” she said getting up from the sofa and walking…more like strutting towards the door. “Bye Hongki! Sunny!”

And then she was gone. The flat seemed to have a lulled quiet now that she was gone. Sunny decided that she would sleep, so I let her sleep in my bed. After all, I didn’t want her sleeping on her old bed…it was a little too small now.

Hongki and I were sitting on the sofa watching a rerun of an old drama when his phone rang. He picked it up and I turned the volume down on the TV.

Seemingly more interested in the TV show than the person on the other end of the call, he had his eyes glued to the screen.

“Do I really have to come in? Can’t someone else deal with it?” he asked the caller, who seemingly shouted down the receiver because Hongki took the phone away from his ear with a wince on his face.

“Alright, alright, I’m coming,” he said and then hung up without waiting to hear what the person, who was angry with him, had to say.

“Kyu, I’ve got to go and sort out a new employee at work; he’s buggered up the whole delivery system and all the clients have received the wrong parcels, I’ve got to go into work,”

“Okay, well, it’s not going to inconvenience me in any way,” I laughed, and Hongki grimaced.

“Thanks for rubbing it in that I have to go in on a Sunday, while you get to do nothing,” he said shaking his head.

“Oh c’mon, Hongki, you’ll be coming back later!”

“If I can leave alive,” he said, walking out the door.

 When he had left, and Sunny was sound asleep next door, I finally had a chance to think about everything.

I wanted to know how and why Sunny had turned into a human. She was, as of yesterday, a cat to him; an adorable cat at that. And one question kept buzzing around my head.

He didn’t really want to really think about the question, as I though it a little insulting, but it just wouldn’t leave my head.

What was she? What was Sunny? She couldn’t just be a human, because she’d been a cat yesterday; and she couldn’t be a cat because she was a human now.

And even though she looked like a human now, she couldn’t be a human.

She’d changed her form. And that last time I checked, normal people couldn’t just change their appearance…and race for that matter…whenever they felt like it.

Admittedly that would be pretty awesome, but it wasn’t normal. Sunny wasn’t normal. 

^~^

Sorry it's taken so long! I've been really sick lately, but i'm better :) and i'm writing again!