Anger and Tears

Dude, Where's my cat?

 

His tears fell fast and many. At first I didn’t know what to do; this was the first sign of affection that he’s ever shown me, so I was stunned. He made a noise that sounded like he was about to speak, but he stayed silent.

His body looked heavy as he hunched over. It looked strange to see Jungsu like this. All my life he’d been this person who’d been strong and almost a bully towards me. I’d never know him to break down in front of anyone, let alone break down at all.

“Kyuhyun, I never – meant it to go this far,” he said slowly, his words falling all over each other. I looked up at him, his hair falling over his eyes.

I squeezed his hand that was placed over mine, and he hiccupped, almost as a reply. I didn’t quite understand what he was talking about, but I waited for him to continue.

When he did speak it was barley a whisper. “You’re my baby brother, and I was never there for you,” I was beginning to get tired of people calling me baby brother.

Before he could say anything else, Sunny walked through the door, and closed it quietly behind her. Jungsu withdrew his hand from mine and turned to face the wall. Away from Sunny. He looked embarrassed to have been caught crying.

“Seakki-ya,” I said smiling, and she walked to the end of my bed. She was carrying some yellow flowers in one hand, and with the other she placed it on the frame.

“Oppa, how are you feeling today?” she was smiling at me, and I wished that Jungsu would leave. But he just sat facing the wall, sniffling every now and then.

The atmosphere fest stiff, like we were wooden puppets being controlled by an evil puppet master. The puppet master of awkward situations.

“I’m…better,” I lied. In truth I was exactly the same as I had been yesterday. I hadn’t gotten any better.

“That’s good,”

And the whole room felt like a giant void. It was too quiet. Sunny looked so pretty. She was wearing a white dress and matching white sneakers. I guess Nuna had dressed her again.

Jungsu snivelled again, and I turned to him.

“You gonna be okay?” I asked him; he didn’t say anything. But he pushed the chair backwards, making a loud scrape as it grazed the floor, and almost ran for the door.

He disappeared, and Sunny took the stool, moving it back to where it had been where Jungsu had sat. She smiled, and placed the flowers on the bed side table. That’s when I remembered the strange blue glowing stone; that I’d seen first in Sunny’s room, and second in that draw that was next to my bed.

“What was all that about?” she asked, straitening her skirt.

“I think he was apologising,” I furrowed my brows. I didn’t actually know what to call the encounter, really, but I needed to label it to try and forget the strange atmosphere.

Sunny looked back at the door. “It seemed like he was upset,”

“He was,”

“I bought you some flowers; do you like them?” she asked, facing back to me. I looked over at them; they were daffodils.

“Thank you, they’re beautiful,” I reached out to take them from the desk, but I remembered that I might end up dropping them, so I put my hand back at my side.

Sunny’s smile faltered, and a wave of pity passed over her face. I frowned. If she was here to feel pitiful towards me, she could just leave. A feeling of annoyance fell over me that I hadn’t ever felt while Sunny was around.

I tried to push the feeling away, anxious that it might show on my face. I tried imagining that the feeling was just remorse for what had happened to me, and that it had nothing to do with Sunny. “Can I ask you about something?”

“You just did,” she giggled. I faked a smile. I didn’t know why I was feeling this crap; surely Sunny should be bringing my mood up from what had just happened, not smashing it even further down.

There was a small inkling in the back of my head that led me to believe she was only here because she’d been a witness and had felt marginally guilty of what had happened.

“What’s that blue stone in my drawer?”

She didn’t speak for a while. I stared at her expression; it was a mixture between surprise and disbelief.

“What are you talking about?” she asked slowly.

“The blue glowing stone, it’s in the drawer,” I pointed to the drawer.

Sunny looked and then at the drawer, and stayed staring at it. It seemed ages until her arm twitched towards the handle.

The door was opened and we both looked to see who it was. YoungWoon stood with a smile, dressed in a suit.

“Hyung!” I said surprised, I thought that he’d be with Nuna wherever she was.

“Kyu, Sunny,” he walked towards us, and stood beside Sunny. “How did you get here Sunny; I thought Taeyeon was looking after you; where did she get to?” he said, and before she could answer he turned to me, “How are you Kyuhyun? They said they would start trying to get you walking tomorrow,”

“Oh goody, I’m looking forward to that,” I said, sarcasm dripping from my words. YoungWoon sighed.

“I’ll only be for a couple of months until you get a hold of your brain again,”

“That’s if I ever get it back,” I said quietly, hoping he hadn’t heard it.

“Don’t think like that, Kyuhyun, you’re going to get better,” he said firmly. I had to do a double take; Youngwoon hyung had always been very gentle with me, and hearing his voice come more powerful out of his mouth surprised me.

It seemed he wanted me to get better more than I did.

“You don’t know if I'm going to get better, hyung. I want to, but if my brain is too damaged then…” I couldn’t finish the sentence. It was too painful. I looked away, towards the window.

“Kyuhyun…” It was Sunny who spoke. She’d been quiet long enough that I’d nearly forgotten she was sat there. She took my hand, and squeezed it. “Please believe in yourself! I know it’s hard, but you have to trust your body to heal, you have to give it time,”

I retracted my hand from hers; enraged. What did she know about this? She didn’t know how I was feeling. Had she been in a similar accident? I didn’t know, but it hadn’t seemed like it.

I didn’t look at her. She tried to reach for my hand again, but I shoved it under my bum.

“Why should you be telling me all what to do? You don’t know what I'm going through!” I shouted at her. “You either! Just because you’re my Nuna’s husband, do you think we’re that close?” YoungWoon didn’t flinch at the slightest. He just stared at me; like he had been expecting for me to explode at him. And Sunny looked hurt, she was biting her lip and tears sparkled in her eyes.

The moment I saw her wet eyes, I wished I’d never said it. I wished I could’ve taken it all back. I wished I hadn’t started shouting.

“You think I don’t know what it feels like?” she started in a whisper. “You don’t know anything. I nearly lost my sight because of a stupid driver!” She started shouting at me, and I felt terrible. “You don’t know anything about me!” and she stood up, looked me straight in the eye and said in the quietest voice. “Why am I even wasting my time here?”

I wasn’t even sure I’d heard it, it was so quiet. She turned around and stormed out of the room. She didn’t even manage to shut the door properly. I was speechless. How could I have been so horrid to her?

Of course…I didn’t know her. She’d come into my life in an instant and she’d said nothing about her past; before she’d met me. I’d never even known that she’d been in any kind of accident at all, let alone nearly having lost her sight.

“!” I cursed, slamming my fist onto the bed.

“Kyuhyun, while I was walking up here, I bumped into Jungsu,” said YoungWoon. He was still standing near the end of my bed. “He seemed angry about something…do you know why?”

“Why do you care?” I asked; I was still a little angry with him, so I kept my eyes out the window.

“I was wondering what he’d said to you, actually,”

I blinked. My anger flew out the window. “Why?”

“I’m worried he may have tried to hurt you again.”

I said nothing for a while. What I’d said to him must’ve really hurt his feelings, yet he was still worrying about if Jungsu had said anything to upset me, or had tried to hurt me. Now I felt like a real low-life.

I was nearly in tears at the amount of love he had for me.

“Hyung…I’m so sorry!” and the tears just came like a storm. I couldn’t stop them.

Half the reason that I was crying was because of how much YoungWoon Hyung cared about me, but the other half was because I felt so terrible about what I’d said to both Sunny and YoungWoon.

I wanted Sunny back. I wanted to tell her I was sorry and that I’d been completely foolish. But I had no idea where she’d gone and I doubt she’d come back to the hospital.

“Hyung, what have I done? She’s gone!” I cried. YoungWoon came closer, and my hair. It was pretty greasy, as I hadn’t been able to wash it since before the accident, but it seemed like he didn’t care.

“It’s hard thing for a man to admit,” he said. “To know when he’s in love,” 

IM SO ING SORRY!

pardon my language! and im sorry about that one swear word xD ahaha *don't know if should rate* 

well here's a nice gif to help you get over your inicial anger that i haven't updated in FOEVER well i should really say 5ever, because it's been that long! 

MOUSTACHED KYU! >:D

Please enjoy this chapter, until the next one, LOVE DUU!<3