Waiting

Dude, Where's my cat?

 

We sat in the waiting room for about an hour before anyone came to see us.

Hongki was outraged, he thought that I may have been brain damaged, and Sunny was just worried that I was bleeding so much.

She held a towel to the back of my head.

To be honest, I did feel a little light headed when I stood, and there was a pounding sensation near my forehead, but other than that, I didn’t feel sick at all and I was relatively aware of everything happened around me.

I just knew I didn’t have brain damage, but just to be sure, they put me through some scans, and an x-ray.

Hongki, while she was out of the room after all the ruckus, had informed me that Sunny had been frantically pacing up and down the waiting room.

I was sitting up in a hospital bed, wearing a gown the colour of the sky on a rainy day, and waiting on results from the doctor.

Sunny had gone out to get herself a drink and when she came back into the room, she still had a concerned look upon her face.

“Did you get your drink?” I asked, and she nodded. Then she a phone at me. I took it and looked at her questioningly.

“I want you to call your sister; I think you should tell her what happened,” she explained. Looking down at the phone and then back up to Sunny, Hongki cleared his throat to speak.

“I think that would be best, too,”

What was this, a conspiracy?

“Okay…” I said slowly.

“It’s because she needs to know, we haven’t contacted her yet, so she must be wondering what happened,” Hongki gave some more explanation; they must’ve been talking about this while I was having the scans.

I flipped open the phone without giving either of them any response, because I knew that they would get that I was doing what they wanted.

Dialing Taeyeon Nuna’s number, I put the phone to my ear, and waited.

I didn’t have to wait two rings before she picked up and her shaky voice came through the speaker. It seemed she had been waiting for my call.

“Baby brother! Is everything alright?” she started. “Do you need me to come over?”

“Nuna, I’m fine, I'm at the hospital,” I didn’t even get to finish my sentence before she started to reply.

“What do you mean fine? How are you fine if you’re at the hospital? What did he do to you? I’m coming there right now!” She hung up before I could even tell her not to come.

She’d probably just make things worse; I loved her, but sometimes she could get a little too much, especially when I was on the boarder of getting a headache…and she wasn’t even here yet.

I put the phone down, and closed my eyes in frustration. Sunny took the opportunity to check the back of my head.

It had been cleanly sterilised by a nurse, and she had put a bandage on it. They would be putting stitches into it later.

I was so looking forward to that…

When I opened my eyes, Hongki was looking at me with an apologetic grin. He also knew what my Nuna could be like, and judging by the look on his face, he’d head what she’d said over the phone.

“They need to get some stitches in that,” Sunny took her hands away from my bandage, “It’s already starting to bleed through,”

“I’ll go and ask them while I’m waiting for Taeyeon Nuna to arrive,” said Hongki as he made his way to the door, “Don’t die while I’m gone,” He said, smiling at me. I laughed a little, but stopped when my head started hurting.

His face was a concerned one as he walked out the door, after seeing my pained face. I probably shouldn’t do much laughing while there aren’t any stitches in it yet, it could just start bleeding badly again.

“Your Nuna’s on her way…” said Sunny. “Will you be alright with me for a while?” she asked, patting my head lightly; a sign of affection in her eyes. I just felt like a dog…

But I smiled anyway. She, instead of patting my head, began running her hands through my hair. To be honest, it was driving me crazy.

I would be lying if I told you I wanted her to stop, but I’d be lying also, if I told you I wanted her to continue…

If she did continue, I’d surly lose it, but I didn’t want this feeling to end.

With no other chose but to stop her, I pulled her hand away from my hair, and just held it. She ran circles over the back of my hand with her thumb, which was just as nice as her running her fingers through my hair, yet it wasn’t as hormonal-rage provoking.

We sat there for a little while, just in the company of each other, until Hongki, Nuna, and Youngwoon came through the door.

She looked so angry that I didn’t know whether she would explode at me, or just burst into tears.

When she took a step closer to me, her eyes widened. Sunny stepped backwards to let Taeyeon get closer.

“That little idiot!” she nearly screamed in my ears placing one of her hands on the back of my head gently just above my cut.

“It’s fine, Nuna,” I smiled, trying to pull her hand off my head as it was hurting a little bit.

“Stop!” she yelled, “Telling me it’s fine, when it’s really not!”

He sudden outburst shocked me quite a lot, and I jumped, nearly falling off the bed. She looked at me and her expression softened.

“I’m sorry, baby brother, I just don’t know what to do,” she finally removed her hand from my head and placed it on my hand; the feeling of Sunny’s hand disappearing too quickly for me to understand.

I didn’t want to hold anyone else’s hand anymore, however much I like having my sister’s comfort.

“I don’t either…” I said honestly.

“What did he come round for anyway?” asked Youngwoon, coming around to the side of my bed.

“Hyung,” I said appreciatively that he was here, and smiled. He didn’t smile back though, it seemed that he was also angry. But angry at what?

“Hyung, are you angry with me?” I asked, cautiously, frowning a little. I couldn’t see the logic in him being angry with me, but it was possible that I’d done something stupid to upset him that I couldn’t remember.

“Why would you,” his brow creased “think that I was angry with you? Of course I’m not, Kyuhyun! I’m trying to think what possible reason your brother would want to come back into your life,”

He surprised me a little. Why was he so concerned?

“Your Nuna and I have been pondering over it in the car and we just can’t think of anything,” he told me, and I saw out the corner of my eye, Nuna nodded her head.

“There couldn’t be a money problem; mum and dad had his account cancelled when he left, so it would be silly to think he’s come back now about it,” started Nuna, “He should be earning his own wages now,”

She quietened down again after that, and we all stayed silent, probably not wanting to break her thinking steak, if she was thinking.

I don’t think any one of us in the room would know if she was thinking bar her, so we didn’t speak.

After a few minutes of silence, the doctor came into the room with three nurses following behind him. The last one to come through the door wheeled with her a metal trolley with all sorts of instruments and whatsits on it.

I cringed, knowing that somehow all of those sharp implements would end up in my skin somehow and somewhere.

“Visiting hours are over, you’ll have to leave now,” said the doctor taking the chart from the end of the bed and looking through it.

Nuna let go of my hand and she met YoungWoon hyung at the end of the bed, taking his arm and walking out the door.

She turned around and smiled apologetically at me as she left. Hongki was next, and also smiling at me, left the room.

Sunny didn’t seem like she wanted to move.

“Can’t I stay?” she said feebly. I was worried that the doctor would turn her down.

“I’m sorry, but we can’t have anyone in here while we stitch up the wound,” and he did turn her down. But just as Sunny was about to say something else, words flew out of my mouth without any consent from my head.

“Please let her stay!” and then I had to say something else to make sense of what I’d just spouted. “I’d like her to stay,”

The doctor gave a few minutes, seemingly pondering what Sunny and I had said, and then nodded his head, turning away from us both. I smiled at her as I sat up.

“Please would you care to sit facing the wall over there, Mr Cho,” he said, not looking at me. I did as he said, and by coincidence I was facing Sunny.

She walked over to me, taking my hand in hers, and smiled.

“This may hurt somewhat, so actually maybe having you in here will be a good distraction,” said the doctor from behind me.

I kept my head still no knowing when they’d start fiddling around with the back of my head. I guessed that my expression was one of worry as Sunny gave my hand a squeeze.

“It’s alright; didn’t they say you had nothing wrong with you?” she said.

“I know, I just…I’m anticipating the pain…” I cringed again. Sunny laughed and shook her head.

“It won’t hurt that much” then looking past me to the doctor, “will it?”

I didn’t see the doctor’s reaction but the look on Sunny’s face confirmed my suspicions….it would hurt a lot….

There was a sharp pin prick at the base of my skull; it felt like a lot of pressure was being put onto my brain, and it didn’t feel good. But I closed my eyes to try and rid myself of it but all it did was make me feel worse, and soon I felt something hit my head. Hard.

It was completely black. I couldn’t even hear anyone speaking. But my body felt cold and I couldn’t feel myself anymore.

It was like I was floating around aimlessly. Just being nowhere.

Then lights suddenly blinded me. I was on my back gasping for air. It seemed I hadn’t realised that I wasn’t breathing.

Coughing and spluttering I could finally feel myself. I was here. Wherever here was…

“Kyuhyun!” I heard Sunny. Where was she?

I was looking around from being on my back, but I couldn’t see her. But I could hear her.

“I’ll be right here when you get out. You’ll be fine, don’t worry,” and I felt a splash of something on my face. And another one that landed on my lip. If tasted like a tear.

Why was she crying?

Sunny. I can’t ask you why. I want to, but I can’t.

Then everything went black again. I couldn’t hear her anymore. 

^~^

omg it's taken so long.....but here's the next one :D 

omo! what's happened to Kyu~baby?? :O lol! you'll have to find out when i start writing after my lunch!!!!! see you next time!!! hope you anjoyed!