The news

Dude, Where's my cat?

 

Sunny’s eyes were so wide I was afraid they’d burst. We just lay there for a while, on the floor, and it hadn’t set in yet that she was in nothing but a towel.

But when it did, it sent a wide grin on my face, remembering the first time I’d met her as a human; she had been in nothing but a towel then, too.

It must’ve been a good few minutes that we sat there, just staring at each other. Sunny, probably in shock, but i, because she was still on top of me, and I didn’t really want to get up.

After a while she said, “Are you alright?” still with her eyes staring widely.

“I’ve got a little bit of a headache,” I started, “But I should be fine,” she sighed, clearly relieved. “What about you?”

“I’m fine,” she smiled, and I smiled back.

She got off me, sitting on the floor beside me. “Kyunhyun…” she said cautiously. I waited for her to continue.

“What were you doing in my room?”

I froze.

How was I supposed to answer that with a logical question when I didn’t even know why I’d been I’d gone in her room, in the first place?

“uhh…” I stammered, “I was just coming in to…talk to you,” I said, slowly. “I had to tell you something,”

She nodded, and didn’t say anything else.

“My sister is coming over again with some news,” I said to her. She didn’t seem to phased by it, but she nodded.

“Maybe you and her could go out and buy some more clothes, because I know that you only have one outfit,” I said, feeling the wetness from Sunny’s hair finally on my chest through my t-shirt.

She laughed a little, and nodded.

“I should-” she started, but I got the picture.

“Yes, of course- I’ll just-”I said as I closed the door behind me.

I didn’t get a chance to ask her about the bracelet.

Taeyeon Nuna came at around midday. The atmosphere between Sunny and I was not as thick as I’d thought it would be.

It seemed that she was too innocent to even understand the embarrassment of the incident earlier. And I was glad for that, I’d hate for Sunny to be too shy to talk to me.

After we’d eaten, Sunny and I were sitting around the sofa, which was taken up by YoungWoon, Hongki and Taeyeon.

“So what’s your news, then Nuna?” I asked her curiously. I saw Hongki nod in agreement. Taeyeon smiled.

“Well, I think you’ll be pleased to know, you could be an uncle soon,” she said. And her words didn’t quite sink in to me. They obviously had for Hongki. He was grinning madly.

“Really, Nuna?” he almost cried with excitement. “That’s wonderful news!” he took both her hands in his.

“You’re…you’re having a baby?” I asked, utterly surprised by her news.

Of course I was happy for her, and it showed on my face clearly as Taeyeon smiled back at me, so I was obviously smiling at her.

“That would be correct, baby brother!” she said. Hongki got off the sofa could I could sit next to her. As I sat next to her, I saw Hongki sit a little closer to Sunny that I care to say. But I tried to push it to the back of my mind.

He was my friend, and I could only wish that he was just being friendly with her. But I couldn’t help but wonder if it was something more…

I couldn’t bear to think that Hongki actually liked her, my Sunny. A present from him on my birthday. Although if he did, could I blame him? It wasn’t anyone’s fault who they liked.

“Baby brother?” I heard Taeyeon Nuna say, meaning I’d gone off into my own little world again. Of course I had to do that when everyone was watching me.

“Sorry,” I said embarrassed slightly, “Its wonderful news, Nuna!” I pulled her in for a hug, and soon everyone was hugging.

I even hugged YoungWoon, who I didn’t even know that well. He’d always seemed like a very strict and cold person. But he was actually really easy to talk to and his smile lit up his whole face. But he rarely ever smiled around me.

“Congratulations,” I told him, and smiled his bright grin at me.

“Thank you Kyuhyun. It really means a lot coming from you.” He said, shaking my hand after the hug. “It was never her parents approval I seeked the most, it was yours. Because I knew that you and Yeonie-yah were really close, I wanted you to approve of us.”

I felt touched by his words. Did he really mean that? It felt like he did, as he was smiling genuinely.

“You know you have my approval, Hyung, you make my Nuna happy, and so I’m happy that you’re with her,” I said smiling.

After all the hugging had stopped, and we’d sat back down and were just talking about random nothing’s when I suddenly remembered what I’d said to Sunny this morning.

“Nuna, would it be possible if you could take Sunny out to get some more clothes? She really needs more than one outfit,”

“I can tomorrow, where did all her other clothes go?” Taeyeon asked me, completely forgetting that Sunny was sat right next to me on the floor. Although, how she did it was beyond me.

“She didn’t have any,” I said, scratching the back of my head and looking over at Sunny. She smiled at me, which made feel a little less guilty about not realising she had nothing to wear sooner.

“What do you mean? She must’ve come from somewhere where she had clothes,” Taeyeon Nuna gave a small laugh.

How could I answer that when I didn’t even know myself? I didn’t even know where she came from. She wasn’t fully a human, obviously, and she wasn’t fully a cat. I guess I’d never been curious enough to ask her, or didn’t want to seem rude. But it had never occurred to me that I couldn’ve done some research, regardless of whether I found anything or not.

I didn’t even have a chance to try and come up with an answer before Sunny but in with, what was obviously a cover story.

“I lost everything in a fire, a few months ago,” she said innocently, and it was pure brilliance. She was either a natural al lying, or some part of what she’d said had been true.

“That’s really unfortunate,” Taeyeon Nuna expressed her emotions a little overly. “But how did you find yourself in the care of Kyuhyun?”

It felt like an interrogation. I had no idea what to say. It was lucky for me Sunny had already thought this all through.

“Kyuhyun was really kind to me. I was quite upset because I had nowhere to sleep for the night and I was crying, and sitting in the park.” She started. I could tell that she’d clearly practiced this a lot, which made me wonder, how many times had she done this?

I didn’t want her to have been in other guy’s apartments, to think what they might have done… She was so innocent she would probably believe anything they told her.

But I didn’t want to think about that. So I decided that she only knew the story off by heart was because she’d practiced it in case of emergencies like there.

“He asked me why I was crying, and so he said I could stay with him. I know it must seem a little bad to have accepted his offer. But he was the first person to ask me how I was, so I knew he couldn’t be bad,” she said smiling over at me with her innocently bright smile.

“Of course my baby brother’s not bad,” Taeyeon Nuna laughed. “He’s not hurt a fly in all his life, except that ant he may have accidently sat on,”

At that, we all laughed.

When our conversation was over, Taeyeon said she would leave. They had to organise the baby shower.

“Promise you’ll bring Sunny and Hongki,” she said to me at the door. “I’d really love to see them,”

“Yeah, of course you would; more baby presents for you,” I giggled, earning a light slap on the arm.

“You’ll come though, right?” she said more seriously.

I nodded, and so did Sunny next to me.

“We’ll send initiations,” was the last thing she said before walking off down the hall, leaving YoungWoon still standing before Sunny and I.

“Thank you for letting us over today, Kyuhyun,” he said, shaking my hand again. “I’m glad you can be a part of our baby’s life, and I was wondering if I could ask you something,” he said, still holding on to my hand firmly.

“Of course, what is it?” I was a little confused, but YoungWoon just smiled.

“I know Yeonie-yah had been thinking about it for a while, and she was a little afraid to ask you, because she was sceptical of your knowledge of children. But she wanted to know if you’d like to be the God-father of our baby,” his question was a little long and took a while for him to get out. But as soon as he’s said the words “God” and “father” a smile spread onto my face.

“Why would she be sceptical of my knowledge?” I asked a little confused. “We both looked after our baby cousins when we were younger, and I was fine with them then,”

“To be honest, I don’t actually know why she was hesitating to ask you, but I’m sure she’ll tell you if you ask. But I definitely know that she wants you to be the god-father,”

“Okay, well I’ll ask her the next time I see her,” I said and with that YoungWoon went in for another hug, which I was a little surprised at, but opened my arms warningly. He was being very friendly with me today, almost like he was opening up to me. I was glad.

“I’ll see you soon, baby brother-in-law,” he laughed, and I grimaced. I would only tolerate one person calling me “baby brother” and that was my only Nuna.

YoungWoon walked down the hall in the direction Taeyeon Nuna had left, and I closed the door. I hadn’t noticed that Sunny was still standing next to me.

“I wonder who the god-mother is,” Sunny wondered out loud, putting a finger on her chin. I laughed and walked over to the sofa to sit down.

I wonder who the god-mother is too….

In some strange part of my mind, I slightly hoped that it would be Sunny. Fat chance of that, though. Taeyeon Nuna didn’t know her that well. In fact, I didn’t even know her that well.

Sunny walked over to me, and stood in front of me and the sofa. I looked up at her, and she looked back at me.

“Oppa!” she smiled. I started!

“You’re gonna start calling me that?” I almost blurted out the words with a grin, blowing whatever cover I had over my happiness.

“You don’t want me to?” she cocked her head to the side, making her look even more innocent and younger than she was, and making me feel rather guilty about the thoughts I’d had about her.

And they weren’t innocent.

I shook my head violently. “Of course I do!” I almost shouted, and she laughed, sitting down on the sofa next to me.

We didn’t speak for a little while. I was thinking of asking her about the bracelet, and about where she’d come from. But I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. If I asked her, she’d know that I’d been snooping around her room. And I didn’t want her to hate me.

I turned my mind to something of a less serious matter. Since she’d started calling me “Oppa,” I’d have to come up with something to call her. I’d only ever been called Oppa by my baby cousins when I had been seven and Taeyeon Nuna had been nine.

Since she was a cat, and she was really young, that would make her a Goyang-I seakki; a kitten, but it was too long for a nickname. Seakki-ya would suit her fine, and even though it just meant young, at least I would know what it meant.

“Seakki-ya,” I called, and Sunny turned her head towards me, giving me a quizzical look. “It would’ve been Goyang-I Seakki, but that’s a little long,”

She laughed, “I like it, Oppa,” and at that I laughed. 

^~^

WOOOAAAAAHHHH!!! this was a lot fast than i usually do updates! Let's hope i do this more often! :P aahahah i know you'll be wanting to know what's gonna happen! ooohhhhhhhhhhh!! :D well i hope you enjoy this, and i hope you'll wait patiently for the next chapter!! LOTS OF LOVE!!! <3