Cuddles

Cuddles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun has always been very fond of Taemin. From the beginning, in SHINee's early debut days, he would watch him from afar, admiring his determination, passion, and expertise.

Jongin was his best friend - still is - and he would speak all too good of hanging out with Taemin. Baekhyun himself did not have any kind of relationship with the latter. Nevertheless, he yet used to talk to him infrequently.

They were nothing but associates. There was no more but exchanged greetings and small talks in corridors and practice rooms between them both.

Baekhyun found Taemin intriguing up to the present day. He had seen with his own eyes how the young boy - who debuted at only fourteen years of age - grew up and progressively matured. His now sensual appearance has not gone overlooked by anyone, including Baekhyun.

Put into Jongin's words, 'Taem really went from noona's pretty boy to the hot but untouchable Lee Taemin.'

He had been correct, described it exactly as it is. Lee Taemin is untouchable, a royalty on a whole other level. Completely otherworldly, a king on his own. It is, in fact, a privilege to be able to dance with Taemin; only a handful of idols - apart from SHINee - have accomplished this.

Sometimes Baekhyun found himself a little envious too; of what Jongin and Taemin had. Although Jongin was his bandmate, Baekhyun was positive that he was far from as close with him as Jongin was with Taemin. Their friendship is unique, and their bond so solid that even non-fans envy it.

And now, Baekhyun is in the same group as Taemin. Heck, he is his leader even. Baekhyun had been apprehensive of their upcoming encounter when he first learned about SuperM. It was frankly nerve-wracking when Taemin belatedly enrolled the room, shortly after various NCT members. Baekhyun had no idea what he was so afraid of. Taemin had worn a blank expression for a while, and he must have looked so professional in comparison with Baekhyun's nervous state.

Until Taemin's lips broke into a wide, welcoming grin, that was. He bowed to everyone, telling them that it would be a pleasure to get to know them better and how much he was looking forward to working with every single one of them. The awkward tension ceased in an instant as Taeyong smiled back and bowed also. It resulted in the remaining NCT members reacting positively as well.

Taemin took the six of them out for dinner that evening, and Jongin ended up paying for everything. Just best friend things. Baekhyun noticed how they were a little more touchy and giggly than usual, which he could understand. They had had the desire to be in the same group for so long. Taemin was supposed to be in EXO, after all. But he was finally lined up for SHINee's debut instead of Junmyeon.

Eventually, Jongin lost himself in a conversation about crocs with Mark, and Baekhyun accidentally met eyes with Taemin. Taemin simply smiled politely and took a bite of his roasted chicken. Baekhyun found himself flustered, which was an exceptional occasion. Usually, he would be the social butterfly. Which he still was at that moment, but he had not really exchanged words with Taemin yet. Now, he found himself unable to bring out anything. It was awkward, at least, to Baekhyun it was.

Fortuitously, they grew out of that state quickly rid themselves of the awkward sunbae/hoobae ratio as well. Baekhyun felt a lot less pressure now that he and Taemin seemingly had grown closer. He viewed the younger as a friend rather than a colleague in the industry.

Things became intricate when they moved to LA into a large shared house. He and Jongin shared a room, although Jongin likely slept in Taemin's - or Mark's room more often than not. Baekhyun would find his bed empty in the morning ("I want the single room because I need some privacy." ~Lee Taemin). But Baekhyun had been quick to figure that privacy was apparently still deemed privacy when Jongin trespassed.

He would sometimes walk in on Taemin and Jongin being sprawled all over each other, fiddling with one another's clothes or hair while watching a movie. If Baekhyun did not know any better, he would think they were a little more than just 'best friends'. However, he was quick to figure that that was not the case. Jongin and Taemin were like brothers.

Through all the tours, the torturing hours of practice, and unforgettably fun hours of free time spent together, Baekhyun has never really found himself alone with Taemin. Months have come to pass, and Baekhyun, being the observant leader-hyung, has come to learn several things. He could just make a list.

1. Taeyong likes his humour.

2. Ten and Yukhei are ing.

3. Jongin is into people who speak English.

4. Baekhyun himself has developed a massive crush on Taemin.

The last is the only bothersome one. Nonetheless, nobody seems to have noticed. Baekhyun has become very skilled at masking his true feelings towards his groupmate. He is no longer blushing whenever Taemin compliments him, which is brilliant. Getting shivers, or becoming jumpy as he makes any sort of skin contact with Taemin, is history as well.

Until Jongin confronts him one day, cornering him until he is sure that Baekhyun really cannot escape anymore; which he never intended to do in the first place.

'Hyung,' he speaks up, eyebrows arcing into a suspicious scowl. 'Hyung, you like him, don't you?'

Baekhyun's eyes widen. 'What do you mean? I like who? I don't like anyone that way, Jonginnie.' He manages to feign a frown.

As expected, Jongin is not buying it. He has known him for too long. 'I see right through your lies, Byun Baekhyun,' he simpers. 'Admit it. You like Taeminnie.'

'Why... how...' Baekhyun weakly attempts and Jongin cuts him off.

'Hyung, it is so obvious. Maybe not to him or the others, but I've known you long enough. I have noticed the way you look at him, hyung. I have seen how you corporally react to him.'

'I... there really is no way for me to hide anything from you, is there?' Baekhyun gives up.

'Damn, you gave in easily this time. I remember that one time when...' and Jongin blabbers off to a totally different topic concerning Baekhyun and Junmyeon's underwear.

There truly is no hiding from him. Jongin knows Baekhyun thoroughly, and Jongin knows Taemin thoroughly. It is only reasonable for him to observe something off about his behaviour around Taemin, even if it is the smallest of things.

And Jongin is already making his way o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter