Kim Taeyeon, 6 December 2020

In a Snap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey. It's me.

I know you're busy. But, I just want to tell you that our eleventh anniversary's coming. Hope you'll have time to drop by. I wrote the address below.

The girls really missed you so much. So... I hope you could come.

 

"And press send." Yoona suddenly said as she popped up behind me.

I quickly shut my laptop's lid. "Yoona! I told you not to sneak up behind me all the time!"

She laughed in return then fallen herself at my bed. "You're so funny, Taeyeon-unnie. And cute. So cute." She then sat up then squinted her eyes as she looked at me, "That letter's for Sica-unnie, isn't it?"

"No. It's for Tiffany."

"How could it be for Tiffany-unnie when she and Sunny-unnie are the ones preparing for the anniversary this time, huh?"

I ignored her retort and asked boringly, "What do you want? Why are you here?"

"Nothing. Can't I just miss my Taeyeon-unnie, huh?"

"Just spill it, Yoona."

"I said it's nothing, really."

"Yoona."

She sighed deeply, "Fine. I was just thinking it's about time... It's been almost four years now... That's why I wanted to approach you today for uhhmm-- you know... ask you about it?"

"Is everything okay?" I asked and sat beside her.

She faked a smile, "Yes, of course."

"Yoona. We talked about this. You should open up. We always tell you that."

"It's not like you're opening up to us, anyway."

"It's different for me. I am your unnie, all of you. You are our second-youngest so you should not hide anything from us."

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

"I want to quit."

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. I never actually thought Yoona would say something like this.

She smiled apologetically, "Unnie... Please don't think too much of what I said."

I faked a chuckle, "What do you mean?"

"I don't want to leave our group like for real, okay. I mean, I would never ever want to leave you all. I just... I just want to quit the entertainment industry."

"But, isn't being a full-fledged actress your dream? Our company is giving you that chance now. In fact, their support for you is actually really good."

"I know, unnie. It's just that... I think... I think what I have now is enough. I am already okay with what I reached. Now, I just... I just want to focus on my own, personal life."

I held her hand and squeezed it. "It's okay. If you really made up your mind, I support you. I always do. Just, please don't vanish for good. Please visit me always."

"Thank you, unnie. Of course, I will always just be around. But not on screens." She then breathed deeply as she stared at the ceiling. "So anyway, that's why I want to ask if you'll be okay with Jessica-unnie joining us in our celebration this year. Well... at least for the last time before my contract expires... I could feel we're still nine. That Sica-unnie would come back at least for a little while before I go. Like, you know... all of us together in one stage again for the last time?"

"Yoona... With all that happened, your wish is impossible to come true now..."

She smiled faintly, "I know."

"We could be back together as nine. I mean, informally. But be nine again right in front of the rest of the world? I'm sorry... It's far beyond us."

"Yeah... I understand, unnie."

"I'm so sorry." I hugged her from the side.

She looked at me, "But... are you going to send that for real, this time?"

"I guess I could try."

A glimmer of hope sparked in her eyes as she smiled from ear to ear. "Really?!"

"Yes."

She squinted her eyes again as she studied me, "I wanna see it myself if you will really send it."

I faked a loud sigh. "Fine." I took my laptop and sat back again beside her. I opened its lid and my email showed up.

"Do it." she said eagerly as if fire was also burning in her eyes.

I chuckled from the sight, "Alright. Alright." I hit the button. "There. Sent."

"YES!!!" She hugged me tightly, "Thank you so much, unnie! I love you!"

 

 

That email. I never got a response from Jessica after. I guess that may be one of the reasons why I was a bit disappointed during that day. Yes. It could be the reason why I even vented out my frustration to my fellow members that time too.

That is why I lost all hope in reaching out to her to make things right... because I know there's no more chance. She already shut the door, and she never wanted to have anything to do with us anymore. She seemed to have declared that impliedly. Otherwise, she would have responded to me, right?

"Taeyeon." Hyoyeon uttered my name, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at her. She seemed to be as nervous as I am. She was intently staring at the chopper while the rescuers are currently carrying Jessica down through a stretcher.

"I know. I am nervous as hell too." I said.

"It's going to be fine." she mumbled continuously as if trying to convince her own self.

Jessica is now being transferred to a wheelchair as she seemed to have insisted to.

My heartbeat suddenly went loud and hastened. I feel like I couldn't breathe too.

As she finally had gotten near where we both are, I finally noticed how pale and thin she is. Yet, still, with curious eyes, she's staring at me and Hyoyeon as if t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter