If We Got Married

One Moment: A Series of Henber drabbles

If We Got Married

There’s a moment of silence that passes between them as they busy themselves devouring ice-cream on the street. Henry watches her, then finally says, “I’ve always wondered something. About you.”

“Hmm?” Amber is still attacking her ice-cream.

“Ok, say… you and I got married—“

Amber bursts out laughing and several people glance their way. Henry pulls his hat lower.

“Wow, it’s that funny?” he frowns.

“Oh come on,” she laughs. “That came out of nowhere, dude.”

He’s still frowning.

“Ok, ok. We got married. What?” she rolls her eyes, still amused by the topic.

“I don’t know. Maybe I don’t want to continue now.”

“Just tell me before I lose interest.”

“Ok, fine. What if we got married. Would you wear a dress?”

“Nope,” she answers flat out.

Henry’s mouth falls open. “What? Why?”

She shrugs. “Well A. I used to think I’d never get married, and B. it’s all too… prissy. I mean, really, can you picture that?” She shudders at the thought and around the cone to prevent dripping.

Henry takes a moment and decides that he can picture it just fine.

“What would you wear then?”

“I don’t know. Maybe I’d wear a white tux, but with heels or something.”

“You’ll wear heels but no dress? You’re weird.”

“Well I’m not marrying you anyway so I don’t care what you think,” she pokes him in the chest and sticks out her tongue.

“Don’t tell that lie,” he smirks, then in a moment of brilliance, he kneels down on one knee and holds up his ice-cream.

She looks around nervously and blushes. “Dude…”

“Amber Josephine—“

“Dude!”

“Liu, will you marry me and eat ice-cream all of our days together?”

She pulls him up, laughing, and then helps herself to some of his ice-cream as if accepting.

“Awesome proposal and all, but you’re embarrassing the crap out of me.”

“You? Everyone probably thinks I just proposed to a guy.”

She punches him hard and they finish up their cones and proceed down the street, bumping arms playfully.

“Question,” she says after awhile. “Say we did get married.”

Henry laughs this time, amused to see she’s still thinking about it.

“Would it really bother you if I wore a tux?”

“Yeah, a little,” he admits. “Not that your idea isn’t cool. You’d definitely pull it off. But I don’t know. I always pictured a girl in a dress.”

“Whatever. I’m too cool to marry you anyway,” she says. He throws his arm around her and smiles.

Later that night, Amber’s group members ferociously when they find her browsing wedding dresses on her laptop.

 

Author's Note: I read in an earlier bio that Amber doesn't plan on wearing a dress on her wedding day. So whenever I picture her getting married (hopefully to Henry someday ;D... or whomever she wants), I always see her with a white fitted tuxedo and these really cute strappy gold high heels with her mohawk style hair blonde or black. Don't ask why lol.