Chapter 14

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was in a meeting with the CEO. He can't wait for all of this to be over. He wanted to finally get things over and done with to start anew with Dara. He was sure of what he has to do now.

Donghae: How long until I get out of this contractual obligation. When will I no longer be part of this mess?

CEO: We're just sorting out the legal stuff and we'll be making an announcement soon. 

Donghae: You just don't know how much trouble this has caused me.

CEO: Wouldn't you want to help Joori get out of this for old time's sake?

Donghae: I need a time frame.

CEO: Just wait a month, at the most.

It was a real mess. The wife of Joori's benefactor found out about her and beat her up. The CEO went with Donghae to personally Joori out of China due to fears for her safety. Donghae did not want to go but the CEO threatened him with a stipulation on his contract that he has to be there for Joori even if they were no longer together and only to be free of that obligation when the company announced their break up. They had to include that in the contract when their relationship became public. There was much at stake. The company was bound to lose money over it. He couldn't even tell anyone about the current situation, not even Dara. He doesn't even know how he could fix this. He should have put his foot down when the CEO told him to wait until Joori got back before they announced their break up. Now Dara thinks he went back to Joori and he can't even explain the truth. He needed to talk to someone who would understand even if he can't reveal the reason for his situation.

Donghae went to Jongwoon's cafe to talk. It was almost around the time the cafe closed so they'll have time to talk. When he got there, he was surprised to see all of his high school friends together. Chulie looked like he was hosting the get-together but what surprised him the most was Jay being there. Jongwoon saw him and rushed to greet him.

Jongwoon: Hey, how are you? Are you okay? (showing him to his seat)

Donghae: How come no one told me about this? 

Jay: Because it was supposed to be a secret meeting, now you caught us

Donghae: Why?

Chulie: I was not planning on missing out on the most interesting piece of gossip this year so when Jay called and told me he needed to talk about the trouble you were in, I let bygones be bygones

Donghae: You know I am contractually obligated not to talk about it right?

Seven: Oh, don't worry, Jay told us about it

Donghae: How did you know? (looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter