Wandering Soul

Wandering Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Your earliest memory is of you waking up in this place.

 

It was dark.

 

Cold.

 

The first thing you saw was a skull staring at you. Bony hands shook you awake, pulled you to your knees and held your hands together.

It was a hazy place, so it was hard to see clearly. The floor was covered in slime and gore, whispers of pain echoing in your ears.

Hands began to form from the slime, reaching out towards you, grabbing you. Their touch was painfully cold, making goosebumps crawl over your skin and a scream rip itself from your throat.

You tried to move, to shake them off but you’re bound. You remember trembling so hard you could barely keep yourself upright.

“Alright, that’s enough.” A silky voice rings and the hands removed themselves from you.

When you lifted your head, you are met with a handsome man. His dark hair and attire contrasts with his pale skin. His eyes are terrifyingly dark, like voids, emotionless and cold. He looks at you analytically, snapping his fingers. Instantly, a skeleton formed by his side, holding out a scroll.

He checked it, finding what you assume is your name on the list. “Hm, right on time I see.” He said simply, waving at the skeleton that was still holding you to bring you away. “Take her away for the Judgement.”

 

 

You learn his name, Oh Sehun. The Land of the Living knows him as Hades, the god of the Underworld. King of the Dead.

All souls end up in the Underworld, one way or another. Most souls that arrive are tortured, filled with anger, bitterness, or regret. Most souls that come here never really find rest.

It’s a grueling place. It’s stifling and dark, covered in souls of the dead, bones, ash. The Styx leads to the House of Hades, a place only those invited by Hades himself can enter. It is guarded by Cerberus, the three headed dog.

You are one of those rare souls that have been allowed to enter. Sehun has a fondness for you that he doesn’t have for any other soul. He once said it was simply inexplicable.

“Hello.” You greet Cerberus, rubbing each of his head as it yips in delight. They now recognize you, from your frequent visit. As a soul in the Underworld, you have little to do to pass time. You are eternally bound here, to this cold, glum place.

Inside the House of Hades, it is equally dark. The marble it is made of is black and grey, though the halls block out the and wailing of the bitter souls.

It is the only place in the Underworld that you can consider a sanctuary.

Sehun’s throne room is spacious and grand. When you walk, your footsteps echo and ring. It is lit by blue fire, casting a cool light across the room.

“Sehun?” You call, finding his throne empty. He may be out on his daily patrol, ensuring that no souls leave the Underworld, and no living can enter. Perhaps you have come at a bad time.

You turn to leave, but the fires flare for a second before returning to normal, a signal of his arrival.

 

“You came.”

 

You turn, finding Sehun now seated comfortably on his throne, fingers drumming across the armrest. A sly smile plays on his lips as his eyes fall on you, filled with mirth and mischievousness.

“Of course.” You answer, unable to help the smile that grows on your face upon seeing him. “I missed you.”

“Already?” It comes out a laugh. “Even though we saw each other not so long ago?”

“Every time I leave I wish I could already see you again.” You say, making your way towards him, to his warm, welcoming arms.

He holds you against him carefully, balancing you on his lap. He seems pleased by your words. “Is that so?”

He leans down, lips finding yours so naturally. No matter how many times he kisses you, it seems you can never quite get used to it. The warmth, tenderness, softness.

 

Is it okay for you to be this happy even if you’re dead?

 

Sehun pulls away, a chuckle falling from his lips as he shakes his head. “What have you done to me?”

You grin, tilting your head as you drop another kiss on his lips, his nose, the tips of his eyelashes. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You make me lose my cool.” He mutters, hands sliding down your sides and making you shiver. “I can’t be biased, you know.”

“Hm.” You hum, not really replying because you know he’s biased towards you, no matter how much he hates to admit it. You adjust yourself, placing your legs on either side of him. You hear him inhale sharply, a low growl falling from his lips.

“You’re sly.” He complains. “For a dead soul, you sure are playing dirty.”

“You like me like this.” You retort, wrapping your arms around him and pulling him back towards you, to find his lips once more. You want to get your fill of him so you can last another human day or so without him. You get so lonely when he’s on patrol.

He can’t stay patient when you’re like this. You know this well as he pulls you away, towards his bedroom. His bed is large and comfortable, the only place in the Underworld that is considered so.

When he motions you to go on, you obey without a word, throwing him a sly wink as you do so, watching him roll his eyes at you playfully. He is quick to remove your robe, maneuvering around your body so naturally because he knows you so well. He kisses your neck, mouth hot and welcoming against the icy temperatures of the Underworld.

His hands trail, finding familiar paths across your body, retracing previous steps.

“Your body looks so beautiful against my black.” He whispers against your stomach, going lower as you moan. “You stand out like no other.”

“Mm.” You tug at his dark hair. “Aren’t you the same?”

He chuckles, the vibration making your legs quiver and you throw your head back against the silky sheets.

He pulls back, eyes even darker than before, if possible. You love those eyes, always cool and collected, even in this moment of heat. He flashes you a boyish grin as he leans back, looking so incredibly relaxed. He holds out his hand for you. “Come.”

You obey, hands trailing up his bare chest to rest on his shoulders as you position yourself accordingly, lips finding their way back to his.

 

 

His finger trails down your spine, his lips caressing your foreh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter