13.

we're married?

"we're here." his dad told me and got out of the car.

I got out as well and was shocked. THEIR HOUSE IS HUGE!

"th-th-this is your h-house?" I stammered.

"yeah. now keep your mouth closed. You might attract flies." Myungsoo said and pushed my jaw back.

"follow me, Ms Park." Mr Kim said and I followed him into this really pretty living room. 

 

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDUnprfJKP4Tf2nq_c8yQLpYeYPSofnWoqnsLXevhh9s5kIBq97eXofq0D

 

"woah..." I said and looked around in awe. 

"sit down, dear." Mr Kim smiled at me and I sat down. Myungsoo sat beside me.

"well, it seems like my son likes you. Why dont you consider being his wife?" he started.

"For starters, I already have someone I like so I'm sorry." I apologised.

"oh. So you have a boyfriend already?" he asked.

"well... not exactly..." I mumbled.

"then it's okay! Just marry my son!"

"B-b-But-" 

"no buts. hmm... How about this? We make a contract out of this? You agree to marry him and you can list any conditions you want." He proposed.

that seems okay?

"any conditions?" I confirmed.

"yess, any." he smiled. "so what do you say?"

"okay." I agreed and Mr Kim smiled in contentment. With a snap of his fingers, a lawyer came in and placed a thick stack of papers in front of me and Myungsoo. I looked at him and looked at the lawyer and then Mr Kim.

"This is your marriage contract with Myungsoo-sshi." the lawyer started. "If you have any other additional conditions you may add it at the last page. If there's no problem with it, please sign here, here and here." He flipped to 3 different pages and pointed.

"wait. Dont I need like parent's approval or something?" I asked.

"well, since youre of legal age, you dont need any parents' approval whatsoever." The lawyer replied.

"but I think my parents have a right to be here and listen to this as well."

"Dont worry, I already informed your mom and she's coming down now." Mr Kim said and I nodded in relief.

 

After awhile, my mom came. "MOM! Ohmygosh you have no idea how happy I am to see you right now!" I hugged her.

"are you crazy? we see each other everyday! Now what's this about a marriage contract?" she asked and Mr Kim explained to her.

 

"so youre saying my daughter is gonna marry your son but it's a fake marriage?" she asked.

"yes. If she agrees to all the conditions on the contract then she will be part of the Kim family already. But it's only temporary, unless they really like each other."

"that seems okay. And she's allowed to find someone she likes too?"

"yes." 

"well... I have no objections. I'm sure you will take good care of her." My mom smiled and looked through the contract before facing me. "I'm okay with this."

wow what a cool mom I have.

"are you sure?" my eyes widened. I thought she was gonna freak out and say something like 'NO I DONT AGREE!! MY DAUGHTER IS TOO YOUNG!!' or something like that. Guess I was wrong.

she nodded and I sighed and looked through the contract. I took a pen and added some of my own at the back.

"done." I smiled to myself and turned to Myungsoo. He looked at me with a crooked eyebrow and read the conditions I wrote. Soon after, he laughed and I frowned. "whats so funny?"

"No skinship. No interfering with who we like, eg Park Yeonmi and Lee Sungyeol's soon-to-be-real relationship. are you serious?" he looked at me, amused.

"yes." I replied with my head held high.

"If in any circumstances Kim Myungsoo and/or Park Yeonmi finds someone they truely liked, this contract will be over." He read out and I nodded. 

"I'm just gonna agree to being your temporary wife until you find someone else." I told him. 

He nodded and said "fair enough." and he signed it. I signed it as well. we handed the contracts back to the lawyer and he said "I now pronounce you husband and wife." 

"welcome to the family, dear!!" Mr Kim- I mean Dad stood up and gave me a big hug. "now let's discuss your wedding!"

 

omona.